Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtv20

red cherry kitchens with light countertops

mtv20
14 years ago

Please!. I need to see pics of gorgeous cherry red kitchens with light countertops ASAP!

Comments (16)

• Fori
    14 years ago

Ohh. The title didn't include "gorgeous".

Try the finished kitchen blog perhaps?

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

I would love to see Cherry or Maple stained Cherry or some other kind of wood stained a reddish brown color with light countertops also. Gorgeous is in the idea of the beholder so I'll leave that out since I will be on a budget. I still can't decide if I want to stain my cabinets darker to hide the oak laminate, paint them or see what it costs to reface them with new doors either in an off-white or cherry stained wood. I am still deciding on dark or light counters. I have a few weeks left of my busy season and then I can do more serious deciding but for now I am getting an idea what I like. I am finding out I have a lot of different styles that I like.

• squigs
    14 years ago

not gorgeous yet, but getting there.
    Love the cherry red with the light countertops!

• riverspots
    14 years ago

Here's my new Solarius counters on existing medium cherry cabinets.

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

Here's my kitchen (unfinished, untrimmed, etc) with natural cherry cabinets and Cararra marble counters:

• pricklypearcactus
    14 years ago

I would also love to see more pictures of cherry cabinets with light countertops (especially white). In case this helps, these are two recent kitchens that have been posted that I just love. I'm not certain if they are "red" enough for you, but they are certainly gorgeous.

ni_2006's kitchen

rufinorox's kitchen

• teaforwendy
    14 years ago

Here's my cherry door and Bianco Antico granite. Expect cabinet install the week of April 19. Granite shortly thereafter.

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

Thanks, alwaysfixin. The pulls are from Restoration Hardware. I tried about a gazillion others but these were the best AND they came in all these different lengths. If I recall I have 6" on my very wide drawers (one, centered), 3" on a really skinny pull-out, 4" on the 18-24" drawers, and that one on the trash pullout that you mentioned -not DW- is 8". It's great because I can hang the dish towel there and it's convenient to the sink plus protects the pull and cabinet from messy hands (a tip from another GW-er!)

The knobs are by Amerock from my loacl hardware store. They were much less than the RH ones and are quite nice. Solid brass, both have Satin Nickel finishes and match just fine.

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

I love that look. A friend of mine had light cherry kitchens with Jerusalem caesarstone. It was beautiful.

• rbse
    14 years ago

We will be installing absolute black granite counter top on the perimeter with a granite called mascarrello on the island. The cabinets are cherry and will have a very light stain applied. We are doing a total kitchen remodel and it has been going along about as well as can be expected. Maybe a couple more weeks and I can post some pictures, we are excited but will be glad when it is in.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Staceyneil, your kitchen is so pretty. Great choices!
    ~boxer

Here are a few more cherry and light couters.
    ~boxer

Google Images

Decorpad

Pink Bunnie ears

Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen Winner

East Coast Granite

Seattle Magazine

Charles Lantz Cabinetry wrap around kitchen

Kitchen Pot Filler

Quartzite

Kitchen 26

Village Cabinets

• parsuzi
    14 years ago

Unfinished - no backsplash yet, but you get the idea:

Counter is zodiaq cloud white, cabs are kraftmaid autumn blush.

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

I am in love with the Cherry Cabinets. I am finding out that I love cherry kitchen cabinets or cherry stained maple kitchen cabinets just like I love my Brazilian Cherry floors and my veneered cherry desk and credenza. I still also love white kitchens when there is crown molding and pretty hardware.

My favorite is red cherry kitchen cabinets with the lighter granite. But I will have to see what my budge can afford and then make my kitchen work for me.

Thank you everyone for sharing.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Due to some major events in my life and then falling, I had to put off renovating the kitchen until now but I am back. I stopped at a cabinet store today and Home Depot and brought one tile and a long piece of my Brazilian Cherry Floors. I was sure I wanted white to lighten up my kitchen but I was drawn to all the cherry cabinets and the light counters. It looks like I will be going with Cherry. Thank you for this post and I thank everyone that shared their gorgeous cherry kitchens since I loved them all and felt they were all beautiful.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES