Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmsart_gw

Thoughts on speed Ovens

JMSART
11 years ago

We are preparing to remodel our kitchen and are researching appliances. Our designer suggested the Advantium Speed oven but we can't seem to find reviews more recent than 2009.
Does anyone have any current experience with a speed oven (Good or Bad) that you are willing to share? It would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)

• badgergal
    11 years ago

We had an Advantium 120 installed just over a year ago. We love the versatility of it. I frequently use the speed cook feature. Last night I used the speed cook to roast some vegetable. There was no preheat time and they were done in 22 minutes. I programmed the the setting in the favorites option so next time I won't even have to set time and upper/lower heat settings. I have used it for other things such as quiche and pizza. I have used the convection/bake for things like cookies and brownies. Have used the broiler option too. It gets used everyday for the microwave too.

Just make sure you have a convenient place to store the metal tray that you need to use when not microwaving. We have the Advantium above our regular oven and there is a drawer at the bottom of the stack for storage.

There are several other GW ers who have the 240 Advantium and they may chime in but so far it seems they have had positive comments.

This post was edited by badgergal on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 8:58

• whit461
    11 years ago

Keep searching. There are lots of reviews as well as recipes. We just installed a 240V GE Advantium Monogram. Has the heavy pro handle. This was a splurge, but already love it. Last night we grilled 2 sandwiches (like our panini press). Came out toasty, grilled, with marks, melts chewy goodness. 4.5 min. We love and use our press a lot, but it is so much more work. I couldn't get over the perfect toast it gave, and so easy to follow instructions and let the oven do the work. We are planning Enchilladas tonight.

• Buehl
    11 years ago

Speed ovens are a great option but keep in mind that if you get a speed oven such as an Advantium and plan to use it as both your MW and oven and don't have another MW, you will not have a MW available while you're using the speed oven as an oven.

The reverse is also true, it won't be available for use as an oven if you're using it as a MW. If this is a second oven, then it may not be an issue - unless you frequently use two ovens + MW at the same time.

In our case, we do often use both ovens and the MW when cooking, so such an arrangement would not work for us. Instead, we have a double oven with the top oven a speed oven (Trivection) and we have a MW Drawer. We always have two ovens plus a MW available. (The Trivection oven is a combination of MW + Convection oven, but it cannot be used as a standalone MW like an Advantium can.)

If you haven't already, try searching the Appliances Forum for threads about Advantiums.

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliances Forum

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths