Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

Granite installed today ... your opinions please!

rufinorox
14 years ago

Granite was installed today and I love it ... but I'm concerned did I make the right choices does everything blend? Now, we need to decide on a backsplash!

Here is a link that might be useful: GRANITE INSTALLED

Comments (25)

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

Natural to second-guess, but... Beautiful! Absolutely the perfect choice for your cabinets. The ruby in the counters goes so well with the dark warmth of the cabinets.

Good dog, Roxy!

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

It's perfect with your cabs!

• cheri127
    14 years ago

It looks wonderful!!! Did you see Alku's kitchen. She did a marble mini brick with hers and it looks great. Scroll down a bit on this thread to see it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alku's kitchen

• friedajune
    14 years ago

I think it looks fabulous! Perfect with your cabinets. Though, what's up with all the handprints on the fridge, LOL?

• jrueter
    14 years ago

gorgeous match for the cabinets. or maybe you picked the perfect cabinets to match the granite?

• cali_wendy
    14 years ago

Really pretty. I love it. :)

• jb1176
    14 years ago

Looks like the fridge was just installed - thus the handprints.

Beautiful granite and goes well with your cabinets. What is the granite?

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

It looks so gooooood!!

• heart-of-dixie
    14 years ago

I like it!!

• vampiressrn
    14 years ago

I love it too and think the first set of glass tiles with the plum color look awesome. If it was my kitchen I would paint the walls a soft plum to pick up that color...it really complements the granite, your cabinets and shutters. I think your kitchen is going to be gorgeous!!!

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

It looks wonderful, welcoming and warm...just what you'd want for a kitchen. You must be so happy to get that in. What's next! Looks like you are getting close!

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

Love light granites and it looks beautiful in your kitchen

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Dazzingly!!!!!!
    Rufinorox,
    I love the combination. The granite is gorgeous
    with the cool feeling with warm tiny sparks of color
    so subtle it adds a sense of sophistication to the
    kitchen. You made an excellent choice.
    ~boxer

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks all! The granite is bianco romano. I definitely was second guessing myself, but the more I keep walking into my kitchen the more I love it.

vampiressm - Originially I couldn't find a plum color I liked. I thought it would be too dark. I wanted to paint it where the wall is exposed, but when with the green instead, which is why I'm wondering do all my choices go together. So what other tile could I invcorporate with the plum tile?

boxerpups - i do love the little sparles, they look like tiny pieces of diamonds!

oh and yes the fingerprints marks.... I love the fridge, but the one thing I hate! They had to maneuveur the fridge to get the granite in around the side panel. Its sparkling clean now!

Here is a link that might be useful: backsplash tile

• vampiressrn
    14 years ago

Just my humble opinion, but think all the glass tiles you have combined with the plum are excellent. I think the green on the walls is beautiful but does not go with your kitchen. The plum tile is awesome and mixed with the burgundy, taupe and that grayish brown marble one is just delightful. Very classy and energetic looking and is a good fit for your appliances too.

• chicagoans
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! And I love the tile with the plum/cranberry mix. Yum!

• pricklypearcactus
    14 years ago

Wow! Your granite (and entire kitchen) is beautiful! I love the combination of the rich cabinets and the crisp sparkling granite. If you decide you don't love it, feel free to ship the whole thing on over to me!

• honeysucklevine
    14 years ago

The gray with red spots really works with the cherry cabs and gray floors.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

Oh, no, I think you should remove that granite, I'll be right over to pick it up....and besides--granite disintegrates, so I'll really be helping you out!

You know I'm kidding--it looks fantastic! Congrats!

• swspitfire
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and the granite goes very well with your cabinets.

• User
    14 years ago

Betcha you'll like it better once you have a backsplash or paint behind it. The granite is very compatible with the cabinets, but it doesn't "pop" next to that bare white wall. Even that little bit of green in the corner makes a big difference. (I may be biased, though. Green is going to be an accent color in my kitchen, too.)

• debrak_2008
    14 years ago

I just saved your kitchen in my inspiration folder. Looks wonderful!

• rjr220
    14 years ago

This is beautiful. So warm and inviting. I love the granite/cabinet combination. Fabulous job.
    And Roxy is such a cute puppy.

• doraville
    14 years ago

Great choice in granite!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW! Thanks to all for the wonderful comments. I'm pleased with my choice, or should I say my DH's choice, which is why I was a bit concerned if everything would blend. I agree once all the finishing touches are complete, most importantly the backsplash, I will be so happy.

vampiressm - I wasn't sure about the green either, but made my choice early on, so I stuck with it there really weren't any other colors I really loved. Anyway, i could always change the paint color down the road.

beekeeperswife - you're funny! I'm not sure the 700 lbs of granite will be going anywhere. Its starting to grow on me. I'm loving it!

debrak2008 - I'm thrilled that you saved my kitchen as an inspiration! Makes me feel real good about my design and choices.

and to those who noticed my Roxy girl - she's a sweet dog! She's been a trooper living through our kitchen demo. I'm sure she'll be excitred to have a new eating area.

Anyone with backsplash ideas, please keep them coming. I have no idea what to do.