Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renelso1

Frameless cabinets:Ultracraft or innermost

renelso1
10 years ago

Help! We are renovating the kitchen on my grandparents house. I have fallen in love with frameless cabinets and like door styles in both Ultracraft (cherry chocolate in Shaker wide) and innermost (cherry gingersnap in torrino)

The estimates are comparable - I think innermost might be slightly cheaper with a 10% Home Depot promo that ends tomorrow. Anyone have any opinion one way or the other?

Also, I was thinking furniture grade except for sink base. We have plaster likely not square walls if that matters.

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• Michelle50
    10 years ago

Hi, newbie here. I saw your mention of Innermost and had to chime in. I'm in the middle of my remodel and I chose Innermost Torino, Cherry wood, Pecan finish. I'm really impressed with the cabinets. The color and grain are lovely - warmer and a bit lighter than the sample at Home Depot, although I guess they will darken like my cherry floors have. The cabinets are very heavy, solid construction. The sides (outside and in), drawer insides, and shelves, are lovely maple (I chose the upgraded interior). Everything came packed really well - each piece wrapped plastic, then in huge boxes with cardboard cushioning at every corner. Nothing was damaged at all, and the order was all correct. Not to be taken for granted! I'm not familiar with Ultracraft, but I'm impressed with Innermost so far! Now if only my guy would get it all finished :)

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Thank you Michelle50 and Calumin for letting us know that you love your Innermost Cabinets. This was one of my choices I had been considering due to the fact they are frameless.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

I wanted frameless also, and I looked extensively at Ultracraft and Innermost.

As frameless go, I didn't feel there was any significant difference. They are both very well made and you may wish to read their shared information.

I wanted painted white cabinets. I am a finish fanatic, and looked at probably twenty different face frame and frameless cabinet lines, including high end custom.

In the end, I choose Innermost over Ultracraft for three reasons: I liked their white color (no undertones), their satin finish. and a personally perceived slightly better construction.

Good luck.

This post was edited by SparklingWater on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 22:46

• mdln
    10 years ago

Just learned that Elkay (same company that makes Medallion & Schuler) makes Innermost.

• Cara
    9 years ago

How did your kitchen turn out? Are you happy with it? I'm in Arlington, VA, in a house built in 1940 with plaster walls and nothing is straight, plumb, even, level or perfect. And I am thinking of buying the InnterMost Kendall cabs.

• golfergirl29
    9 years ago

I have no experience with Innermost, but I installed Ultracraft and love them. Absolutely no complaints!!

• Jancy
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I also used Ultracraft and love them. No complaints either. We are actually in the process of doing another kitchen and our order going in on Monday..

• Tiza London
    8 years ago

We are deciding between these two brands right now. On Houzz I saw complaints about Innermost orders arriving incorrect and/or damaged. Did others experience this? Any tips?

• avamom2012
    8 years ago

Just saw this thread. We love our Innermost cabinets, all 23 of them. It's been two years and are they are lovely: construction, function, sliders, soft close, and equally important, satin white finish. Our order came in perfect; we didn't replace a thing.

• suzanne_sl
    8 years ago

We ordered InnerMost for our kitchen/dining room in 2011, our MBR in 2012, and 2 bathrooms in 2014. The kitchen ones came with one mal-fitting drawer and one damaged toekick, both of which were happily resolved within 3 days when a rep came to the house. The ones we ordered for the bedroom came perfect except that we also ordered a long top (this was a dresser sort of unit) which came in two pieces. They weren't very careful about matching those two top pieces. The bath vanities were both ordered with a slide out shelf below the plumbing. One came fine, and the other came without the slider. We called, they didn't answer. We called, they answered, and then we did didn't hear from them - the rep "moved on." We got the HD guy to call, they sent a replacement, it was the wrong size and was missing hardware. He called again and they sent another. HD guy came out personally to install, it was the wrong size again. Another was ordered. One year after the original order, we moved, but they promised us that slider would be along any time.

We liked our InnerMost cabinets a lot, but that's not what we're doing for our new-to-us kitchen. We're going with a local kitchen-bath shop that carries Omega frameless (which had better get ordered here pronto!). We considered IM for the baths, but it just was getting too expensive, so we went with Costco vanities. We did order InnerMost for the bedroom though. They should be here in a couple of weeks. It will be nice to get our clothes out of boxes.

• Tiza London
    8 years ago

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to hear the results of your next order.