Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyno_gw

More like CP or David T. Smith?

lyno
15 years ago

I've been enjoying browsing through the kitchens at the websites of Crown Point and David T. Smith.

http://www.crown-point.com/customkitchens.html

https://www.davidtsmith.com/newsite/custom_kit_styles.asp

Does anyone else have any other favorite websites for period, cottage, or collected kitchens or any similar styles?

I've been through the FKB.

Comments (15)

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Lyno, I love those sites too! Have you checked out atticmag.com? There's a mix of styles but a lot that would be good inspirational pix. Allison704's kitchen is on there.

Eliz

• lyno
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eliz - Thank you! I have seen the kitchens at atticmag.com. They are drool worthy, too! I love Allison704's kitchen.

Lynn

• growlery
    15 years ago

Plain English, an English company that doesn't do work here in America, but is beautiful and very simple.

They have a whole Web site, but this link takes you directly to their project gallery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plain English, gallery

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Lyno, growlery's reminded me of a couple of others, both British but great if you're looking for inspiration. Mark Wilkinson is a bit more fussy; Chalon has some beautiful designs.

And, ps, thanks for your nice post on my kitchen! :-)

Eliz

• alice462
    15 years ago

Kennebec is another company I looked to for inspiration -- lovely period looks, I think.

Another source I liked was Old House Interiors magazine --
    I ordered some back issues that had period/style I was interested in, This is their web site:

http://www.oldhouseinteriors.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Kennebec Cabinetry

• garden18c
    15 years ago

There's the Swedish company called Kvanum Kok. Link is below. I love looking at their traditional kitchens for inspiration. Very similar to all above.

I was also going to suggest The Kennebec Company too. Beautiful workmanship

Here is a link that might be useful: link to traditional kitchens of Swedish company Kvanum Kok

• growlery
    15 years ago

Garden18c --

I had never heard of Kvanum Kok. Wow!

Sundby Smokey Grey 3. Super wow!

I love their other lines too.

I am a huge fan of Scandinavian design as an influence, even though it doesn't necessarily jump out at you if you come to my house. But if you know it, you see it.

Thank you!

• erikanh
    15 years ago

I love looking at the houses by Hutker Architects. Most of the kitchens are traditional and gorgeous.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hutker Architects

• garden18c
    15 years ago

Growlery, I know they are nice, aren't they? They also have 2 storefronts in case anyone is close (unfortunately I'm not)- one in SF area and also South Florida (which may be closing). I love the Plain English site that you linked also. The 2 of those have been my new favs for the last few weeks. Sundby Smokey Grey 3 from Kvanum Kok is my most favorite! Simply beautiful - big sigh. Raised panel, no bead -that's what I want. It took me forever going back and forth between raised panel versus recessed panel, bead or no bead. Then I saw Sundby and I had my answer! A picture is worth a thousand words.

Now if I could just figure out the layout for my convection/second oven/MW. The rest of the layout is finished, just need some inspiration for that. I may have to call on the GW layout gurus for help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sundby Smokey Grey 3

• garden18c
    15 years ago

erikanh, I just saw those last night. Wow, all of them are beautiful too. Beautiful views of the water. I love the West Tisbury and Green Pastures kitchen. Of course, they are all beautiful and out of my league. Maybe, I've seen them from the distance walking on the beach.

• allison0704
    15 years ago

Thank you, Eliz and Lynn (my sister's name is Lynn). I love pieces by Eddy West too, for an unfitted kitchen. I did not discover it or David T Smith until after my kitchen was finished.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eddy West

• lyno
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've been gone since about 8 this morning; what a wonderful surprise to come home to so many answers and websites to drool over!! Thank you all so much for the links!!!

My DH and I are going to build a simple ranch style home in the country, probably in 2010 (I wish this year, but I don't see it happening...the clock is ticking too fast!).

I'm not sure I should be thinking of putting a period or unfitted kitchen in a new ranch, but I'm really drawn to them. But I also really like some of the contemporary and transitional kitchens. I just need to decide which way I lean the hardest and what DH will like, too. I checked out Martha Stewart's kitchen and she mentioned adding decorative wooden brackets to keep her cabinets from looking too contemporary. I have never been able to have any display space and I have my grandmother's dishes and a few of my mom's "antiques" I'd like to use. They'd be more comfortable in an unfitted or period kitchen. I'm guess I'm just looking for THE inspiration kitchen.

Thank you so much!!! I'm sure a lot of people are going to enjoy these links! Sorry to run, but I gotta go drool over some of them!! LOL!

• jejvtr
    15 years ago

I 2nd,3rd Kennebec - Lovely cabinetry, excellent workmanship, wonderful species to choose from - great all around custom cab co.

Drool - heres another smallbones of devizes

Here is a link that might be useful: smallbones

• lyno
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ooooooooo, I've been visiting these websites and they are great. I even ran across another:

Here is a link that might be useful: Wooden Kitchens

• allison0704
    15 years ago

If you like English/unfitted kitchens, do a yahoo image search for "bespoke kitchen" and you'll find a ton of English websites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heaven & Stubbs