Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What level of paint sheen?

Posted by lucas_tx (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 21:59

If you used Benjamin Moore paints in your house what sheen did you use for the walls in the kitchen? Other rooms?

Were your walls smooth or textured?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What level of paint sheen?

BM Aura paint, matte finish on walls and ceilings, satin finish (color matched to walls) on base molding.

Walls are smooth.

Love the matte finish. Looks velvety!

This post was edited by cat_mom on Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 22:16

o

Benjamin Moore Regal matte and Benjamin Moore ben eggshell for walls and ceilings. Benjamin Moore waterborne Satin Impervo for trim. The walls are smooth.

o

Thread from a couple of weeks ago

Here is a link that might be useful: Paint sheen thread

o

Matte finish, textured (knock-down) walls.

o

I didn't use BM, I used Muralo Ultra Ceramic flat, and it's scrubbable. But I'm very happy I chose flat, because when you try to touch-up a glossy finish, you have to paint the whole wall. With flat or matte, you can just touch up as needed. I did the trim in semigloss, though.

o

BM Scrubbable flat on all my smooth walls.

Love it!

o

Ginny20-glad to hear you like the Muralo Ultra. It's on my list to drive to get some and try it-great leveling as is Aura from what I've heard. Good for cabinets too.

o

BM Aura in matte. Our walls are unfortunately textured.

o

SparklingWater - Yes, Muralo Ultra Ceramic was my GC's favorite paint, and it was recommended on the Painting Forum. I repainted the old plaster walls in the adjoining PR myself, and I can attest it goes on beautifully. When you paint it over new, smooth surfaces, it just levels out perfectly. Unfortunately, the Muralo brand apparently isn't available everywhere.

o

I have the BM Regal Eggshell in my kitchen. The walls are plaster and the more the sheen in a paint, the more the imperfections of the plaster are visible. I used flat in other rooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here