Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What hardware goes on a 9" pantry pull out??

Posted by tricia257 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 21:58

I have a skinny 9" pull out and i"m not sure what kind of hardware to put on it. It doesn't seem to pull out easily just pulling from the top. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just not sure what will work best.

Thanks for the help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What hardware goes on a 9" pantry pull out??

On my 7" pull-out, I put a handle on one side, so that it looks like it is a hinged cabinet that will swing open to one side. However, it is really a pull-out, and it works just fine with the off-center handle.

o

I was wondering the same thing! I have a 12 inch pull out coming.

How are appliance pulls different than cabinet pulls? I know they are bigger, but the prices are so much higher! Are they stronger? Would I need an appliance pull for a 12 inch pullout pantry to handle the weight?

o

Well, on my two very heavy 12" Haefele pantry pull-outs, I put the same 4" pull that I put everywhere else. Again, I put them off-center, so it appears the door will swing, rather than come straight out. Works totally fine.

o

I have a 9-inch pull-out pantry next to my fridge. I put a 4-inch cup pull right in the center and it works great.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

We put an 8 inch arch pull on ours - the rest of the kitchen has 5 inch pulls from the same company (Baldwin Brass)
 photo IMG_7234.jpg

o

We added a rail to the center of our tall pantry and installed a pull there.

Williamsem, the pantry glides are on ball bearings or something so they roll right out with little effort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here