Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ni_2006

dreaming of a creamy granite with brown swirls

ni_2006
16 years ago

I have been dreaming of a creamy granite with some brown swirls in it. Is there anyone out there that has a granite that matches this description? Can you also tell me the name of the granite. Please share your pictures! Thanks!!

Comments (19)

• abmatt
    16 years ago

Colonial Dream; not exactly swirls, plus a little black. These photos are a bit washed out.

• meg711
    16 years ago

Our granite, Colonial Cream, fits that description but someone posted on this site that that quarry is closed now so that granite isn't readily available anymore.

The link below has lots of photos of various white granites. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: White Granite

• athomewith3
    16 years ago

Here is a blank slate of our kitchen. Has brownish swirls but with black. Makes me think of the ocean floor!!!

• redroze
    16 years ago

Reminds me a bit of our choice, Bianco Antico.

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• dd70
    16 years ago

your bianco antico is beautiful, the slab i saw was more gray looking than yours redoze.

ni2006-mine is Delicatus, sound like what your asking for. In reality the background is creamier than what the pic. shows.

• ljsandler
    16 years ago

My granite is Gold and Silver. It has a cream background with brown, rust, black and quartz moving through it.

• margieb2
    16 years ago

soonermagic,

What's your granite? It's bautiful!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

I was thinking about your thread when I opened one over on Decorating from Natesgramma. Gorgeous Granite! She didn't say what the name was on this thread but I sort of remember her talking about it before. I'm sure she'll respond if you ask over there!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Creamy/Brown Granite

• glad
    16 years ago

mine is yellow river

• jayav
    16 years ago

Check out Typhoon Bordeaux...it is one gorgeous stone. Just got it installed in a satin finish. Here is a picture of my slab.

• peggross1
    16 years ago

It's not granite, but you are describing my Danby Vermont Marble on my island!

• nicole93089
    16 years ago

Wow Smarge - now THAT is an island! Love it!

• clax66
    16 years ago

Hi, we just ordered our "bianco romano" for the island. Sorry I don't have a photo to post, but it is as you described: creamy granite with some dark brown swirls in it. I had wanted marble (Smarge - I'm loving yours) but at the end of the day I chickened out. More of a chance of me spilling a glass of red vino on that island countertop rather than baking pastry on it!

• demifloyd
    16 years ago

Taupe Granite

• aussies
    16 years ago

I have the same dream!! I'm wondering if you have found anything?

• mrsandrews
    16 years ago

I've been looking for the same thing. So far the ones I've liked are Delicatus, Delicatus White, and today I found Delicatus Brown, which has a lot more of the dark brown swirls in it. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow, or if you do a search on google images, a lot of pics will pop up. Good luck. I'd like to know what you decide. what color are your cabs?

• tinker_2006
    16 years ago

I have been looking for my last 'love'. It's the granite I used in the home we built 18 months ago. Building again and this is what I really would love to find!

{{!gwi}}

• ni_2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still debating the whole granite situation. We are getting stained cherry cabinets (not sure how to describe the color, except that it is fairly dark), so I want to get a granite that is not too dark.

I love the granite colors that lsander and glad posted. We saw something similar at a granite place, but it was a bit pricey. We need to make our decision soon! I will let you know what we decide. Thank you all for sharing the names and pictures of your granite!