Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are your opinions? Partition or no partition

Posted by front (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 21:44

Please disregard how close the wall or cabinet is to the doors. Also, please disregard what the partition wall looks like. I may end up making a nicer wall or custom wall that matches the cabinets.

One pro to adding the wall is the light switch will be on the wall. I wouldn't have to reach over the counter.

This post was edited by front on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 22:29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are your opinions? Partition or no partition

No wall. We have cabinets right next to our slider....the light switch is exactly where you have it without the wall...no problem reaching it at all.

o

I wouldn't add a partition, but I would add a panel at the end of the cabinet run.

o

No partition!

o

Agree with both of the above!

o

Another vote for no partition.

o

The partition is pointless a far as I can see.
I vote no partition!

o

Definitely no partition. I see no benefit either functionally or aesthetically to add it.

o

I don't care either way, but I could see functionality and aesthetics if you leave a lot of clutter/dishes on the countertop and there is some sort of seating area opposite where you'd be staring at the junk all the time.

You'll need a cap that matches the countertops.

o

No partition.

o

No partition. Finished sides on the cabinets. I see absolutely no issue with where the lightswitch would be located if you don't have the partition wall.

o

I think the partisan takes away from the open look. It also seems having a light switch on the partisan would be awkward.

o

I vote for no partition and instead finish the sides of the cabinets.

o

No partition but if you were to do one, all the way up. The short wall doesn't seem to make any sense.

Maybe it's just the software but I would continue the backsplash behind the sink. I also think the cabinets look too short around the window and a breakfast bar with an overhang is needed. Hope the left side of the refrig has a panel.

o

I agree, no partition. It looks stunted. And adding a wall so the light switch is closer seems particularly short-sighted. In fact, with the wall, you'll have to walk around from the door side to flip the switch. Without the wall, you won't.

o

Thank you. I'll leave the partition out.

Do you think it matters if I line up the peninsula and sink cabinets? The cabinets on the sink wall would extend out to 109 inches and the back of the peninsula would be 114."

o

You won't even notice those 5".

o

Ditto from here

o

Agree with not noticing the 5".

o

Definitely no partition! Is that switch for the outside light? If so, why can't you just stand in front of the patio door and reach over to flick it on? If it's too far over to reach, have it moved closer to the door. If you put up a partition, you would have to reach over the wall. That would be more awkward.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here