Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to hide toaster/roaster, etc

Posted by totosplants (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 21:26

We are just starting major kitchen renovation, which will basically be building a complete new kitchen in the new side of the room. I already spent hours on this forum and copying down all ideas, brands, etc., but so far I didn't see anything regarding where do you hide roaster and toaster. We use it all the time, so it has to be easy accesable, but somewhat hidden. I was thinking about something like a door with pull out shelf on the counter top heights? Under the cabinet probably?
Would appreciate your help and pictures if possible.
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to hide toaster/roaster, etc

Garage in side of corner upper resting on counter.

o

What is a toaster/roaster? Something for coffee beans?

o

I have roll out shelf in the base cabinet, my toaster oven is right there. We just have to pick it up and put it on the counter above. In my "old" kitchen it used to sit out all the time--not anymore.

o

Ditto beekeeperswife - top roll out shelf. Use it often, but not often enuf to have it out all the time.

o

We keep all those occasionally used small appliances in the Super Susan. No pole in the center leaves room for toaster oven, blender, stick blender, grills, stockpots, food processor and more. I wish it were adjustable or one shelf a little taller for my Cuisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker. It makes great coffee, but it is one tall sucker at @ 15".

Super Susan

o

My toaster is hiding in plain sight on the counter beside the stove. It gets used atleast once a day. Of course my TV is hanging proudly over my mantle, so maybe you shouldn't go by me.

Totally Confused

o

I keep my toaster over, coffee maker, cannisters and KA mixer on the counter, it is a kitchen, after all. I use the toaster oven and the coffee maker every day, and the mixer is too heavy to move.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here