Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
totosplants

Where to hide toaster/roaster, etc

totosplants
14 years ago

We are just starting major kitchen renovation, which will basically be building a complete new kitchen in the new side of the room. I already spent hours on this forum and copying down all ideas, brands, etc., but so far I didn't see anything regarding where do you hide roaster and toaster. We use it all the time, so it has to be easy accesable, but somewhat hidden. I was thinking about something like a door with pull out shelf on the counter top heights? Under the cabinet probably?

Would appreciate your help and pictures if possible.

Thank you!

Comments (13)

• dan1888
    14 years ago

Garage in side of corner upper resting on counter.

• plllog
    14 years ago

What is a toaster/roaster? Something for coffee beans?

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

I have roll out shelf in the base cabinet, my toaster oven is right there. We just have to pick it up and put it on the counter above. In my "old" kitchen it used to sit out all the time--not anymore.

• rosiew
    14 years ago

Ditto beekeeperswife - top roll out shelf. Use it often, but not often enuf to have it out all the time.

• susie1010
    14 years ago

We keep all those occasionally used small appliances in the Super Susan. No pole in the center leaves room for toaster oven, blender, stick blender, grills, stockpots, food processor and more. I wish it were adjustable or one shelf a little taller for my Cuisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker. It makes great coffee, but it is one tall sucker at @ 15".

• totallyconfused
    14 years ago

My toaster is hiding in plain sight on the counter beside the stove. It gets used atleast once a day. Of course my TV is hanging proudly over my mantle, so maybe you shouldn't go by me.

Totally Confused

• momj47
    14 years ago

I keep my toaster over, coffee maker, cannisters and KA mixer on the counter, it is a kitchen, after all. I use the toaster oven and the coffee maker every day, and the mixer is too heavy to move.

• mshutterbug
    6 years ago
    Resurrecting old threads in search of creative ways to hide toasters!vi have a gf toaster and regular toaster and they’re mismatched. I could buy pretty matching toasters, but it still looks cluttered to me to have a toaster on counter, let alone two. I will keep my ka mixer and blender out in plain sight, and my electric kettle, so I want to keep the toasters hidden but accessible. Having a hard time finding a good place for an appliance garage.

beekeeperswife and rosiew - any chance you have pics? This sounds like a good solution.
  • cpartist
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I built DH a coffee cabinet in our new kitchen to hide his coffee maker and the toaster oven. It's a full tall cabinet and has moveable shelves inside. It's the cabinet on the right side with the three drawers underneath. To the left of the cabinet is the refrigerator.

• mshutterbug
    6 years ago

That sounds great! So, are these appliances used inside the cabinet or do they get taken out? (That sounds silly even asking) Any pics?

• cpartist
    6 years ago

mshutterbug, while they are in use the doors to the cabinet will be open and they sit on the counter same as if they were on another part of the counter. Once DH is finished, the doors are closed. The quartzite counter continues in the cabinet. Here you can see an earlier pic before the doors went on. The shelves inside are 12" deep even though the cabinet itself is 24" deep.

• cpartist
    6 years ago

Things in daily use are NOT clutter.

No a coffee machine, or a toaster oven are not clutter.

However the used pods my DH leaves on the counter piled up, the ripped open sugar packets left on the counter, the tops of the fruit containers or the tops of the yogurt containers, the napkins and spoons and other things he uses to make his coffee and breakfast and that he leaves on the counter are clutter. And for some reason, even if the garbage can were right next to him, he'd still leave all that on the counter. He's 70 years old and I'm not going to change him at this point.

My choice was to continue to be irked that I was cleaning it up several times a day or to hide it away so that he or myself would clean it when we got around to it. I rarely drink hot beverages and rarely use the toaster oven so now I'll have a clean looking counter and DH will be much happier with me not grumbling about the mess he left.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional