Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fire Extinguisher placement

Posted by kam76 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 21:25

I think I saw a couple of clever fire extinguisher hiding spots in kitchens and now I am having trouble finding those. Where do you have yours? In my current kitchen mine is tucked into a corner but it was definitely a last minute thing it doesn't really have a "home".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fire Extinguisher placement

We have ours tucked behind our double ovens:

o

Ours is in a deep (stock-pot sized) drawer to the right of the range.

photo DSCN3916_zpsa7d8bc6f.jpg

o

Under the sink. Not going to over think this one.

o

The recommended location is easily accessible and on the way to an exit. I plan on keeping mine in the double angled cabinet near the hall if it fits, will likely have to put a sign or other indication it is there. Othwise, haven't figured that out yet.

I love oldbat's niche. I could have done that, but I'm short and clumsy. There's a 99% chance I'd manage to knock it over and out of reach when I try to grab it quick. If the counter there was standard instead of 30 inches I'd have a chance, though then I wouldn't have the extra inches that make the niche :-/

o

Taggie, am I missing something? I don't see it. Please confirm it IS in place:)

There are quite a few other threads on this, one linked. It's a great reminder and should be in the sticky post at the top of the forum ( and probably is!)? I hadn't thought about where to put one until I saw one of the posts on this subject. Then, I looked around and thought - hmmm I could use that niche for this....

Here is a link that might be useful: Earlier thread

o

Hi oldbat2be, it's in the left side of the drawer beside the blender. It's a disposable extinguisher with the pop lid. Looks similar to the one in the link below.

Good for small fire that can be caught quickly. In case of a large fire our strategy is to run like hell. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Disposable kitchen fire extinguisher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here