Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

In case anyone wants to look~~~~

phoggie
11 years ago

The pictures of my new home have been posted on Building a House....and Smaller Homes... if you care to look. There are a couple pics of my kitchen, but too many to post on every forum. I love it here and thanks for all who helped me in my decisions.

Comments (19)

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The pictures of my new home have been posted on Building a House....and Smaller Homes... if you care to look. There are a couple pics of my kitchen, but too many to post on every forum. I love it here and thanks for all who helped me in my decisions.

• aloha2009
    11 years ago

no pics posted.

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

Thank you for the head's up. Your house and kitchen are lovely!

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoggie's post on Smaller Homes

• Linda
    11 years ago

Very nice!! Can you provide details on brands, cabinets, appliances, etc.? Enjoy!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

What a lovely home! Congrats on finishing! How do you find Amish house builders?

I hope you enjoy every minute in the new place!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Some of the kitchen details:
    Cabinets were made locally...birch with pearl paint
    Granite...don't have the name with me..but premier Saint C--??
    Pulls are bronze
    Sink was provided by Granite supplier...divided, deep stainless steel
    Backsplash...small cream subway 12x12 sheets from Lowe's
    Backsplash...accent tiles 12x12 sheets, cut in 4ths from Home Depot
    Flooring...Hickory with gunstock stain from Lowe's
    Appliances....4 door frig...SS...Whirpool...from Sears
    Stove, DW, MW...SS....Kenmore from Sears
    Faucet...pull out lever...stainless...local Menard's
    Lights are bronze trim from local Menard's
    Paint...is a light sage green.
    Bar Stools...from Lowe's

I was working on a tight budget and in a rural area, so did a lot of comparison shopping as available here...but I am pleased....I am older and alone, and do not do a lot of cooking, so I did not need the top of the line materials. I did not want to make a house that my children will not be able to sell when I am gone or no longer able to live alone.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

williamsen.....we are blessed to have an Amish community about 15-20 miles from here. They were such a joy to work with and did such quality work....and finished this house in a few days short of 3 months. They came did all of the work theirselves, except for cement and carpet laying. They stay on one job at a time, so I never had to worry about them being here.

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

Very nice! Two questions:

Could you take an up-close photo of the backsplash, please?

Are the bathroom sinks/counters one piece units? What kind and how do you like them?

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

suzannesI...I will see if my DD still has the pic of the backsplash and if so, I will have her post it for you.

Yes, the bathroom counters/sinks are one piece units of white onyx with "waterfall sinks". I love onyx...so easy to take care of and clean. I had them in my last house and knew I wanted them again.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a closeup picture of the backsplash in my mom's (phoggie's) new home. Enjoy! From her DD! ;)

• gw1997
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! Our cabinets were built by an Amish company. We were thrilled with their workmanship.

I was also going to ask for a close up of your backsplash. I really like it!!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It looks more "gold" than it really is...must have been the light from the under cabinet lights...the brown is a dark brown, cream matches the cabinets, and the other little piece matches the granite....I love it. I like the 2x4 subway tiles (which are cream) better than the larger ones for my kitchen.

Since my DD is on spring break and it is crappy weather, she got right on posting this for me...bless her! I am going to have to learn to do this myself....but the house is finished except for sidewalk/drive and landscaping...so won't have anything else to post pics of.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pictures! I was going to ask for a close-up also but several were faster!
    Nice job and congratulations on this project!

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

So, back to that lovely bathroom sink & counter: where do you get something like that? Is it actually an onyx slab? No problems with the brittleness of onyx? I'm quite taken here.

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

suzannesl.....I "assume" you can get onyx at any place that makes cabinets....but I might be wrong. I am fortunate that these were made right here in good old Kansas!!! I have never had any problems with onyx at my other house...and love it!!!!...so easy to take care of. Good luck in locating some....try to google "onyx" and see what you can find.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

suzannesl....You can call "The Onyx Collection" at 1-800-669-9867. M-F 8am-5pm Central time for a location to your nearest dealer.........www.onyxcollection.com Hope this will help you.

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Phoggie- Your home is so lovely...and I like the change you made to the kitchen peninsula. Also nice that you used the white cabinets in the kitchen (to bounce the light around) but the warmer wood cabinets, in the bathrooms.

Your builders did a wonderful job and I know Summerfield will be so happy that your house plan became such a beautiful home :)

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lavender...I have missed your posts. I hope your DH is improving and you life will get back to normal again...hugs! Thanks for your kind words about my home..you gave me so much encouragement. I only wish Summerfield had not disappears from these sites....anyone know what happened?