Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ootm_mom

Tapmaster, sending hot water only!

OOTM_Mom
10 years ago

Hello All,
I've had two euro tapmasters installed for just over a week. (On, off only, not temperature adjusting) One of them has started to mainly give only hot water, even if faucet is set to warm or even cold only. Has this happened to anyone else? I ahvent called the place I bought them from yet, Conservastore I think it was. Badpneumatic on the cold side? Or bad install? It was working fine until yesterday, then intermittently, now almost always hot only. The second one is still working perfectly.

Thanks!

Comments (8)

• Sms
    10 years ago

Call back the installer

• romy718
    10 years ago

Please let us know what caused this & how it was fixed. I'm still on the fence about a Tapmaster.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think it may have to do with our well water, we periodically have to put nylons over the intake otherwise too much grit gets through. It has been a while since we replaced the nylons and I think a small particle of grit may be intermittently messing with the water control.

I absolutely love the tapmaster!! If I find out anything concrete I'll let you know.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Romy: Me too--I am on the fence about it too. I keep thinking I will want one at the island where I do the majority of my prep, but it seems like it might end up being a worthless investment if I keep having to fuss with the temp because of washing hands (very warm) vs washing lettuce (very cold). don't really want to spend the money for the one that has the temp control.

Would love more input on this......

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, I finally emailed the place I bought them from describing the problem. They quickly responded that they would contact the manufacturer and get back to me. I've just been so busy with other things that solving this hasnt been a priority. I'll keep you posted.

I love the tapmasters. I want one in my MB as I keep kicking the cabinet to brush my teeth.

DH still doesnt love them, but then he doesnt have gunky stuff on his hands very often. My hands are always full, and frequently have raw egg or other stuff on them that make me not want to touch anything to turn on the water. The sensor faucets I have used always annoyed me, which is why I went the tapmaster route.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the answer I got, they also said they would replace the unit if I preferred. I will try to find time this weekend to try the fix first, it doesnt sound too difficult.

"it sounds like one of the water lines were not completely flushed before installation of this unit causing a piece of debris to be caught inside the valve block on the cold water line. In order to fix this problem I would suggest to try cleaning out the filters inside the valve block itself as well as to poke out the ports on the manifold . This is a very simple procedure. You will want to start by turning off the water supply to the Tapmaster using the stops on the waterlines. The next step is to remove the 4 screws that attach the manifold onto the valve block ( I personally would suggest putting a towel underneath to catch any parts if they happen to fall). Underneath that manifold you will see a small spring on top of a blue diaphragm, underneath that is a white filter. You will want to remove that filter and check for any debris underneath or around it. It can be cleaned by simply running it under water. Also while you have the unit apart I would also check the little barb fittings on the manifold for any debris. All you will have to do is very gently remove the white sleeves and tubing (yellow blue and green) from the barb using a pair of scissors or pliers. When the sleeves and tubing have been removed just gently poke out the small ports to free up any debris if there is any. An un-bent paper clip works very well for poking out the ports. I have also included a copy of the Tapmaster trouble shooting guide which also explains this procedure. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to either give us a call or to send us an email."

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

I went ahead and ordered mine but am a bit worried still...

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I hope your fix is easy. I've had a euro Tapmaster for 2.5 years and still love, love, love it. I put it on my prep sink and wish I had one on my cleanup sink also so I didn't look like a dork kicking at the toe kick with hands under the faucet wondering why the water isn't flowing. I've never had an issue like you describe.

As far as the issue of switching between hot and cold goes, I keep my prep faucet in the middle between hot and cold and between high flow and low flow. For most tasks, this works very well. At my house, it takes quite some time for the hot water to fully reach the kitchen anyway so I have to let the water run too much for my comfort to wait for the hot water to wash my hands. Unless my hands are particularly nasty or contaminated, I wash in the luke-warm water of the middle setting. The same goes for quick washing an apple or the like prior to cutting. If I am washing produce that takes longer to clean or needs colder water, I simply reach over and push the lever to cold. Easy. All in all, I have to fiddle with the lever sooooooo much less with the Tapmaster than I would have to do without one. And I cook A LOT from scratch given the way our food beliefs have changed over the last few years.