Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another faucet question

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 21:07

I am intrigued by some of the functionality of the Kohler Karbon - especially that you can point it somewhere and leave it there. I am also intrigued by the spray that is neither pull down nor pull out.

However, I don't like the hefty price, or the star trek-esque quality of it. And I really don't like that joystick handle that is separate.

Is there anything else out there? Something I can point to the corner of my sink and leave there hands-free?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another faucet question

Almost two years into our remodel and I am still in love with the Kohler Karbon. I love the joystick! I do not have the hafele foot pedal at this sink (as we do at the prep sink) and it is very easy to maneuver the joystick with dirty hands (spatula, heel or back of hand, wrist, whatever). This faucet is in the middle of three large windows and we used the D shaped Silgranit sink and there was not enough room to center the faucet over the sink. This one, fit to the side very nicely. Feedback from fellow GWers is what sold me. The looks... were a factor for maybe a day as I was considering. The price... was hard to swallow, but money well spent. Again, 2 years later, I still smile daily when I use the faucet and continue to marvel at the functionality (it's just intuitive!).

Plus, it's fun to photograph!!

Best, oldbat2be (#1 KK fan)

o
RE: Another faucet question

oldbat2be, what soap dispenser do you have with it?

Is the water pressure low like I've read?

Is it hard to reach the joystick all the way in the back? (will my kids be able to reach it?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here