Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pseudochef

Sanity Check on layout - possibly ordering cabinets this week

pseudochef
11 years ago

Hi everyone, I've taken the initial feedback on my kitchen plus everything I've learned from extensive reading on this site and re-vamped my layout. I am possibly ordering cabinets in the next week or so if everything works out and I would like a sanity check on my layout. As you can see I've divided the kitchen into zones.

Clean up zone -
Upper is a 33 inch wide cabinet that comes all the way to the counter with a drawer at the bottom. This will hold the silverware and in the cabinet above will be all the everyday plates and cups.

Cooking Zone -
The upper and lower corner cabinet will have a lazy susan. All items related to cooking and preparing fresh foods will be stored in this area. Colander, mixing bowls, serving bowls, salad spinner, vita-mix, mini-chopper, mandolin, etc. My only problem is figuring out where to put my cutting boards. Maybe in the 4 drawer stack to the right of the sink.

Baking Zone -
Top 3 drawer base will hold miscellaneous items and I'm toying with the idea of storing bread for sandwiches, like a lunch prep area. Middle 3 drawer base will hold all baking supplies...flours, sugar, baking soda, mixing bowls, measuring cups, baking pans, etc. The other cabinet will hold my kitchenaid and bosch mixer and other miscellaneous baking ware. Cookie sheets will be above the wall ovens and roasting pan will be below the wall ovens.

Snack/coffee/liquor Zone -
The bottom cabinet will hold all of my less frequently used appliances...rice cooker, crockpots, griddler, waffle iron, etc. Above the microwave and fridge will be my husbands area to keep his coffee and liquor supplies along with any other misc junk of his.

To the left of the clean up zone is sort of a school zone for the kids (not labeled). It will be a 4 drawer stack to hold coloring books, school papers, crayons, and other misc craft items so they can get at them from the kitchen table easily.

Any thoughts? Good or bad? Anything glaring I'm missing?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022