Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smpop18

Shiloh cabinet pics anyone?

SMPop18
12 years ago

My husband and I are in the process of building our new home and working on selecting cabinetry. We know for sure we are going with Shiloh because we can get them at a good price through his business. I'd love to see any pictures of your kitchens with Shiloh cabinets, especially in Maple and Knotty Alder. Thanks in advance!

Comments (47)

• deedles
    12 years ago

I don't have any pictures, sorry but am also looking at shiloh cabs for my kitchen. I saw them in a kitchen design place and they look really nice and the price is reasonable as far as I know. I'll know for sure when my estimate is ready.

I have seen people on here talking about shiloh cabs and being really happy with them... can't remember if there were pics in the threads, though.

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Deedles! Yeah, from what I have heard they are good quality (all wood construction) cabinets. My husband chose them because he has had a good experience with them at his flooring/furniture store...they also sell some cabinets and that is one of the lines they sell. I have seen the pictures on the Shiloh website and was just hoping to see some more before having to make our final decision :)

• aries61
    12 years ago

Did you do a Google search for them? Here's a link for Shiloh Cabinet images:

Here is a link that might be useful: Shiloh Cabinet Images

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I did aries. Those are pretty much all the same pics they have on their website. Thanks though! :)

• new_to_sc
    12 years ago

We just hung our Shiloh cabinets this week and don't have pics to share yet. Do have one before they were installed. The quality seems great-beautifully made. We have both painted and stained. Love the full extension and soft close. Huge improvement over what we removed! I would recommend them so far. Thet look really great all hung.

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nice...thanks Dolode! Soft close?!!! I'm so happy to hear you say that! I have always wanted that option with having small kids around but he wasn't sure if Shiloh offered it. Is it what I'm thinking...where the drawers can't slam shut?

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dolode: what kind of wood and color of stain are your darker cabinets?

• gusto1100
    12 years ago

I just ordered Natural Cherry Shiloh cabinets yesterday in the Wyatt door style. I have been dragging my feet about ordering cabinets but now that I finally have I am so excited! I love that they offered the free inset option. Good luck on your kitchen!

• feliceinct
    12 years ago

I ordered my Shiloh cabinets last weekend and I am SO excited to get them. I love the look of them in the store and they look and feel like a high quality cabinet. I know there ARE higher end cabinets, but for the price, these are gorgeous.

I ordered maple Acorn with Black glaze with a Richmond Door for the perimeter and espresso stained with black glaze for the island. Good luck.

• theanimala
    12 years ago

Pics of our kitchen with Shiloh cabinets (Sorry painted white and espresso stained maple) can be found here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Finish kitchen pics

• new_to_sc
    12 years ago

SMPop..the white ones are maple with Soft White paint and the brown is maple with Sable stain and a VanDyke glaze. And you are correct that soft close is where they don't slam shut. You can get both your drawers and your doors with that feature. It's great.

• dreamingnh
    12 years ago

Our Shiloh inset cabinets will be installed in a few weeks and we are very excited. We have read such good reviews on GW. It was a tough decision but once we ordered them it felt right. They will be maple with soft white and cherry with mocha glaze for the island.

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's great to hear that you all are so excited and/or please with your Shiloh cabinets! We have a couple samples in hand now and are waiting for a couple more to come in before we make the final decision :)

• pps7
    12 years ago

We have Shiloh in our entire house: if you do a search, you may find lots of pictures that I have posted.

kitchen: inset, polar white. the inset came with upgraded hardware: full extention and soft close. Love it!

dining room. acorn maple with brown glaze. Wyatt door.

master bath. espresso maple. Wyatt door/ drawers.

For the basement bar, we used their cheaper sequota line since it won't get much use, we got the praline maple which is very pretty. The quality is not as good, but good enough for the basement.

We got thermafoil in the laundry. It's actually very nice- I was surprised by how much I liked it.

• deedles
    12 years ago

Nice cabs PPS! Say, did you notice the maple glazed cabinets changing in color much after you installed them, if at all?

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much pps! The maple in acorn with mocha glaze is what I think we might go with for the kitchen! We are just waiting to get the sample. We are probably going to go with Shiloh throughout the house as well so your post is very helpful. I think I want to go with off-white cabinets in the laundry room and something a tad darker than the acorn maple in the master bath.

• Chiricahua.Lady
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone who posted to this thread!
    I ended up selecting a new style door by Shiloh called Aspen. The finish will be in Polar white, cafe highlight & brushing. My KD suggested the door style and when I saw the store sample I finally fell 'in-love' with a cabinet face (after being design fatigued for months). That very same week I changed direction on my granite choice also. I had selected a slab in Giallo Ornamental and then found a a slab of Bordeaux River that called to me and which also compliments my cabinet choice and flooring.

I will post before & after PICS when it is finally finished.

Attached is the cabinet and my choice of knob (cabinets) and pulls (drawers) and the Bordeaux River slab.
    Thank you all again!

• Chiricahua.Lady
    11 years ago

OOPs! Looks like the cabinet PIC did not post... here it is.

• Chiricahua.Lady
    11 years ago

Looks like the PICS did not post - maybe this time I'll be successful !

• Chiricahua.Lady
    11 years ago

Bordeaux River slab (my apologies on quality)as the PIC was taken with my cell phone and the lighting was not the best.

• shiloh2012
    11 years ago

pps7,

are you still as happy with your shiloh cabinets? I think your photo of the built in hutch convinced me to do the same color(we were thinking of homestead door--I think its 2 1/4 inch where the wyatt is 3 inch--in the dining area, and I think we will do soft white in the kitchen.--they will be open to each other.

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the responses to this thread! Our Shiloh cabinets are currently in the process of being installed throughout the house. I will post pics soon!

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the responses to this thread! Our Shiloh cabinets are currently in the process of being installed throughout the house. I will post pics soon!

• nixit71
    11 years ago

We installed Shiloh Homestead style maple cabinets painted sage green. It's only been a month since the remodel was completed, but we are happy with the overall quality and look.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

PPS and nixit. Love your cabinet choices!! When your painted cabs were installed were they able to easily touch up the finish where they were attached, nailed crown etc?

I love and want painted cabinets, but they aren't that popular here. Most KD seem to use local custom cabinet makers for that, however I worry that the finish won't be as good as factory, but they say it's easier to touch up the custom cabs after install. Maybe just their sales pitch, but was hoping to hear what you've experienced. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the finished kitchens for the rest of you!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

If you concerned about touch ups ask the custom cabinet companies if you can visit one or two of their customers that have had the kitchens for a few years. That will give you a better idea how they handled any nicks. I have shiloh too, they give you a little touch up kit. But honestly I'm the only one who notices any nicks that occurred, I haven't used it yet.
    I asked my local BM shop to color match the shiloh soft white paint because I needed to cover a steam pipe, between two cabinets.They matched it perfectly.

• gaonmymind
    11 years ago

whallyden from the building forum has them. I am posting a link...they move in next week so the kitchen isn't 100% done.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• SMPop18
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the feedback! I just thought I would pop in and give an update on our Shiloh cabinets. We are thoroughly impressed with the look and quality if the cabinets. We chose knotty alder wood with caramel stain and mocha glaze. Oxford style door. We are not moved in yet but here are some pics of the kitchen currently.

• shiloh2012
    11 years ago

our cabinets will be in end of december. we ordered inset maple "vintage collection" homestead door in mandarin( which is very close to acorn but with a black "highlight"-not glaze, light distressing, and "fly-specking". The vintage is very nice, not nearly as distressed as the weathered collection, and only a 15% upgrade as opposed to 30%. will post pics once I have them.

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone for sharing the pictures. It seems so many people are happy with their Shiloh Kitchen Cabinets. I am still not sure what to do but in January, I want to make my decision as I am close to decision time. Keep the pictures and comments coming. Thank you!

• shiloh2012
    11 years ago

here is the awesome sink base, its the homestead door in the vintage collection in mandarin.

• steph2000
    11 years ago

I fell in love with Shiloh cabinets from this and similar threads - only to find out they are not available in my area. I also heard they are considered rather high end? Egads, though, they are lovely!

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

Shiloh2012, I love your new cabinet door style and that beautiful mandarin stain! I also love your sink! What hardware will you be using on your cabinet doors and drawers? Have you decided on the counter yet?

• shiloh2012
    11 years ago

@ lynn2006 yes, the countertop will be quartz--it is botticino I believe by eternia--it is a very pretty cream/tan with occasional white veining. The hardware is from restoration hardware--its the 1 inch glass knobs for the cabinets and small drawers, and the gilmore pull for the drawers. I have since repainted the wall--it was supposed to be a butter color, but was too yellow. repainted "creme" by sherwin williams. the backsplash will be a crazed subway crackle tile by ricci, with a framed herringbone pattern over the 48 range.

• fiftyford
    11 years ago

Here's ours - installed about 2 years old - great quality - great price - delivered on time. No complaints.
    "Inset SRP ivory with cafe brushings".
    Counter and sink is soapstone.
    Hardware is custom forged iron.
    The house is old, about 1750.

• kompy
    11 years ago

I am a KD and carry Shiloh. Here is a kitchen I did a few months ago for a client. It's new construction, but the homeowner designed the home to look like an older home. We used a custom gold/yellow for the main perimeter, knotty alder and black distressed. The adjacent walk in pantry had ivory cabinets. All were inset but again, we used about 3 doorstyles.

• kompy
    11 years ago

And for the record, this homeowner originally wanted to go with a local AMISH cabinet maker. However, she wanted cabinets with glazing, distressing and brushing and Shiloh does all of that for FREE (no upcharge). My Shiloh quote was MUCH better than the local cabinet maker and I got the job. She is thrilled with her cabinets!

I heard that sometime soon, brushing will be an upcharge with Shiloh...I think 5%. :-( It's really pretty. You can't see it in photos...but her gold cabinets have the brushing technique on them.

• aries61
    11 years ago

kompy: I was under the impression that Shiloh already started to charge for brushing. Also, a quick question on the kitchen that you posted. Are the pull out base cabinets on either side of the rangetop 9" or 12" .

Thanks

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Kompy-I wish I lived closer to you. I would have ordered from you. LOVE Shiloh cabinets, but the KD I ended up with is another story...
    That kitchen you designed is very nice, the colors are beautiful together.

• dckitrem
    11 years ago

Kompy-What do you think of shiloh's white painted finish?
    Better/worse than some brands? Good for the price, but --is better?
    I am assuming you like the cabinet line if you carry them.
    Thanks for any insight you have!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Chiricahua.Lady, I love the cabinet door style choice by Shiloh called Aspen.When I was looking in 2011, I do not remember seeing this door. The finish in Polar white, cafe highlight & brushing is perfect! Any pictures of your finished kitchen?

• aries61
    10 years ago

lynn2006: Here's a link to Chiricahua.Lady Finished Kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Chiricahua.Lady Finished Kitchen

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Thank you so much aries61 for posting the link. I just replied to the post with the finished kitchen. I loved it so much. My kitchen is very similar but instead of an L shape , I have a Jshape in a 14 X 10 feet kitchen. I would love something like this for my kitchen. I really like how the door has a shaker look but with an added pizzazz (I had to look up the spelling of Pizzazz as it did not seem right and I was told it could be spelled pizazz, pizzazz, or pizzaz... amazing that I always use this work in sentences but never looked up the spelling). Thank you for sharing the link.

• Reben
    9 years ago

Man, I think I might go with Shiloh too.

• Reben
    9 years ago

Sounds Like everybody is happy with Shiloh ????

• kompy
    9 years ago

Here is an ideabook on Houzz.com that shows more examples of Shiloh cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shiloh Cabinetry from Missouri