Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new Kitchen

Posted by acw6455 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 20:59

Hello,
These are photos of a renovation I completed on a 9000 sq ft home. I have lived here for about ten years. The home is located in Grosse Pointe Shores mi
Background info on the home

Built: 1927
For: CEO of Dime Bank
Land: Two acres
Bed: 8
Bath: 10.5
Garage: 3 ( Not including limousine bay )

Renovation Info

Cost: Roughly 1 million
Completion: Almost 2 years

Appliances, etc

Kitchen
36" Thermador rangetop
42" Subzero
another
42" Subzero ( not pictured )
24" Subzero WC
2 24" Subzero refrig drawers under WC
18" Subzero ice maker
4 Fisker & Pykall drawer DWs

bosendorfer piano in formal liv

Here is a link that might be useful: Images ( Not in order ) Kitchen is last

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new Kitchen

My mom grew up in that area. My aunt attended GUPPIS. (Is that correct?!)

Your home is lovely.
I have to ask, if these are the afters, what were the befores like?

I love to go home to MI and take a drive. The older neighborhoods are beautiful. My grandma was in Mt. Clemens since the 30s, and my family there since 1864. Lots of cool architecture!

Thanks for sharing.

o

Thank you!

I'll have to find some before pictures, I have a TON of videos , but no pictures.

The Kitchen had white ceramic tile, dark brown cabinets and white round knobs. The kitchen was not open at ALL!

I love driving down Lakeshore! Do you? My house is about 7 minute drive to the GPYC and about 1 minute from the Lake.

You're welcome!

o

Wow, 10 bathrooms! You must have a large family! Your kitchen is beautiful, as is, obviously, the rest of the house. Personally, I like to hear about the kitchen details - cabinet maker, countertop choices, etc.., I didn't see any of that. I am curious if you like having 4 DW drawers - does that work better than 2 regular sized ones?

o

Well, originally we had 6 people ( Me, my wife, and our children , but they're all grown and out of college! ):
We've thought about moving, but we love this house too much! We just bought a winter home in Telluride Colorado, and we will be renovating the kitchen! I will be posting before-during-after photos.

I will look through my files later tomorrow!

About the DW's.
We have to kitchen areas, the main area with micro, ovens, rangetop, dual dw, and the main Subzero. The other area has two Dw's, Wc, Ice maker, and the veggie sink.
The main reason for having four dw's is, if we have a party, we can have pots and pans in one unit of two and crystal in the other unit of two.

o

Love this! Stunning! And I have the same dining room set :)

o

What's the flooring in the kitchen?

o

Very nice!

o

What an amazing home! I can see why you love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here