Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If we were on schedule it would have been last June...

Posted by plllog (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 20:56

hood

It looks better in person, but still...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If we were on schedule it would have been last June...

It was worth the wait.. it's absolutely gorgeous. :)

o

Just beautiful, I love it. All that planning and waiting was worth it your kitchen is looking so good.

o

Breaktaking, truly breathtaking. I was happy to read you are a quilter, you have such an artistic eye!

And now unveiling the HOOD. Oh what a hood.

Congratulations again, enjoy every merry day in that beautiful kitchen.

o

Wow. :)

o

Beautiful plllog, worth the wait indeed!

o

Wow, that is a jaw droppingly beautiful hood.

o

And I STILL lust after your counter/backsplash!
I wonder if you'd be interested in vacationing in Iowa.....

o

Tile? I don't see any tile. I'm still too mesmerized by the shiny hood. So shiny. So pretty. Oh... there's the tile. Yes of course it's gorgeous and totally unique, I would expect no less after seeing your counters.

o

Yes, the hood, the hood!!! I can COOK now!!! I'm going out in the morning for roots and chickens and starting the stock.

Oh frabjous day!!! The plastic sheeting and drywall screwed into the doorway is gone!! I have a table! And a kitchen with a HOOD!!

Beware thou chickens!!! I'm coming for you!!!!!!

o

Oh...these little teases. I can't wait to see the whole thing!! But have fun cooking! :-D

o

LOL! Rhome, I don't mean to tease. I'm just so happy! And carefully taking pictures around all the boxes, dropcloths, stacks of unpacked things needing washing, bubble wrap, huge bag of wrapping tissue, more boxes, funky old table top for cutting linings with lead weights, 4 foot aluminum measure and L squares, etc., etc.

o

Oh Happy Day!!! Definitely worth the wait! I'm just SMILIN' here, knowing that you're happy and having fun with it all. Just beautiful!

o

No No. Not poor little chickens Plllog- PLEASE. They're too cute. Let them roam free, on the kitchen floor or in the back yard. Great company.

Think Tofurkey.

Awww that's so sweet to see that schoolgirl excitement in wanting to play house, I mean Kitchen!

Congrats on the hood. What a statement. It is Golden not silver right?

o

From Menlo Farmhouse

Watch out for Plllog!

The hood is wonderful wonderful wonderful!!

o
Ummm

Plllog, I hope I'm not being too direct but can I have your Kitchen!... please?

o

NO! Solman, you may not!

And, yes, golden. Brass. Warm and sunshiny and goes with the yellow bamboo.

Firsthouse, thanks for spreading the warning. Solman, you figure out how to get stock out of a tofurkey and we'll talk...

o

wow, is right!

o

AWESOME! can't see the b*mboo that well tho - maybe it's the reflection from the hood? better pic of cabs next time?
hood is great. I guess you cook up a storm. more'n a grilled cheese or egg sandwich (like me).

don't trip over all of that stuff still around there in your hurry to cook.

o

You are just off the hook artistic.... AMAZING!

o

I haz great expectations, wayting for next pic.

o

Whoa! A GOLDEN hood! Impressive.

The c abinets looks like a bam boo forest. (That's good.)
Did you say what those knobs are made of?
They look like jadite.

o

I'm wondering how long those half filled boxes, bubble wrap and assorted hand tools will hang around. Every day I work on getting it out of here but it's like The Blob. It just multiplies itself and I have just as much as ever. I want to see the floor in every room! And I wouldn't mind walking into the basement and garage without cringing.

o

Impressive and cozy at the same time. Amazing. Have the tile folks seen what you've accomplished?

o

So you-artistic, unique, exuberant!

o

Please tell me about the cooking elements under the hood.

o

Fantastic!! I love your kitchen and the hood is fabulous!
Is the hood 18" tall? Hood envy...

o

Will the brass hood tarnish?

o

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody!

LOL! Steph, I'm having a couple dozen people to dinner in a couple of weeks! Yeah, I have cooking to do. But I love egg sandwiches. :)

E, thanks ;)

ROTFL!!! B'more, great picture! I promise I won't be as long as some for the complete package, but it really isn't all finished.

Biochem, the knobs are by Spectra Decor, and made out of recycled glass on lead free pewter shafts with a satin brass finish.

Pinch, I'll let you know when I find out! I'm going to have a big stack of boxes behind the sofa when my company comes. Sigh. But as of now I somewhere for them to sit, and I can cook so it'll be okay. Maybe we should have a secondary reveal day for when we clear out all the boxes?

Riverspots, "tile people"?

Nan, the left is Wolf 15", the right is Gaggenau european model 24" induction.

MBarbie, yes, I'm pretty sure that the hood is 18". It was ordered more than a year ago. :)

Honeysucklevine, yes, the brass can tarnish, but it shouldn't tarnish much if it's not handled. It can also be polished. :)

o

Hood envy. Such a delightful kitchen!

o

Enjoy your kitchen and have fun cooking!!!

o

bee-yooo-tee-ful!!! love it!

o

Breath taking!!!

o

Oh.... My..... Goodness!! I'm so glad I logged in today. Pllog - that's one stunning kitchen! And a great reminder of why I LOVE tile!

o

Every time I see a post by you I open it with great anticipation of breathing "Oohs and Ahhs"... and you do not disappoint! Your hood is spectacular! I love the brass! Congratulations... and I bet your cooking is as delectable as your design taste!

o

Wow, I love love love love the Artistry and beauty of the whole thing...show me more please!!! Love love love love it!!!

o

After I saw the red hood and the red poppy you painted on the wall in your "before" kitchen, I knew that your "after" would definitely have an artistic curve or two (or three or four). I *love* that you don't march to the same kitchen drummer (not that I'm knocking the wondrous white/soapstone kit chens others have posted, I should be so lucky). I love the layers of color that you've intertwined (I could never pull it off so well).

LOL, bmorepanic!

o

Checked in to see it again, still look gorgeous.

Wondering if that row of red tiles is the one that caused such a headache and had to be redone?

o

You all are so nice!! I'm really tired, and can't respond individually to everybody, but I'm feeling it in my heart.

Steff, it's actually the peach line beneath the orange one that was the big trouble. A lot of the color depends on the temperature of the kiln or something. But it came out okay in the end :) The red tiles just have a lot of grout in the texture of the glaze still but it's coming out slowly but surely. I don't really want the heavy acid of grout release, but using vinegar takes a long time. :)

o

Stunning! and you ARE teasing us. And isn't it you with the beautiful tile in your laundry room?

o
RE: If we were on schedule it would have been last

Yeah, Prill, that's me. A reveal is coming! I promise! But I just found out that my antique-ish armoire has beetles and needs to be fumigated. Sigh. I promise a tour of the whole kitchen in a few weeks--even if I don't have a door!

o

That's just pure sculpture! (and way cool!)

o

You made those tiles, didn't you?? Wondering if I could accomplish something like that. Back to that Iowa vacation you said you've always wanted............Soon? There's a ceramic shop just 5 miles away.

o

So so beautiful. What an incredible hood!

o

No, no, Pinch_Me!! I bought the tiles! They're handmade, but they're by pros: Architerra-NW. The stenciled patterns are glazed in. Very fancy. I'm not that good at clay. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here