Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update: Big Girl is in the house!

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 20:50

We finally got this beautiful beast out here today in a driving snowstorm but she made it. Got the rest of the base cabs except one, drawers and fronts next week and uppers the week after that. Slowly but surely!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update: Big Girl is in the house!

The title of your post put a big smile on my face. She looks very happy. The tile looks awesome, you are getting so close to done!

o

Oh, she's beautiful!

o

Woo whoo! Looking good. You will be crossing the finish line soon. Better start thinking about your "kitchen warming" party. I bet more than a few GWers would make a road trip to help you celebrate.

o

Oooo la la! Gorgeous!!

o

She is beautiful! I cant wait to see more of your kitchen.

o

ooh, la, la!

o

Looks great! Your kitchen is coming together in such a fabulous way after all your hard work. Your sink and Big Girl look delicious together!! Really can't wait to see your reveal!! You've done such a great job of pulling your kitchen together. It's going to be really special.

o

It all looks perfect! Hey, you're good at this!!

o

Big and Beautiful, for sure!

o

Agree, it's all just perfect...!

o

Wow, looking great! All those hours of planning are really paying off in spades!

o

Oh my goodness, she is looking happy in your home! Yay!!!

o

Nice to see all of your wonderful details coming to fruition!

o

The title of your post made me smile. Woo hoo & ooh la la!

o

Wow! Gorgeous. You must be so pleased!

o

Sweet.

o

That is really beautiful. It all looks perfect together.

o

Oh deedles-I'm so happy for you. Things look great!!

o

Deedles, we also need pics of your gorgeous puppy! :) Please!

o

She is beautiful...and she looks very at home in her new spot :)

o

Does your puppy match your kitchen....or the big girl?

Your kitchen has so much character and looks so inviting. She just beckons you in doesn't she?! :)

o

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, my fever broke last night so I can be a bit more excited today. When I look in the kitchen, it makes me smile so am taking that as a good sign.

One more close-up of big girl and the Weaver tile. So glad I found that tile... I just love it.
 photo biggirlcloseup_zps4e44a91a.jpg

And, per request, here is Rummy, doing his "I'm too sexy for this stove" pose.
 photo roosexy_zps630a2b68.jpg

And now he says "Thank you all for saying nice things about my mistress' kitchen, but let's get back to the important stuff...who's first for a belly rub!!"
 photo roobelly_zps2a66076c.jpg

o

That stove is a thing of beauty, and it looks like your kitchen was made for it! ;) (Yes, I realize it was...) And your dog is adorable, does a pretty convincing sexy pose.

o

Beautiful!

o

Love your tile, big girl and Rummy.
MJ

o

There she is, and she owns the place! She looks like she's always been there, so perfectly enthroned.

Rummy seems to approve.

Good job, Deedles. Can't wait to see more.

o

Deedles:

Nice dog pic, but is that an exposed aggregate polished concrete floor?

o

Trebruchet: nope, it's a stick down cork tile floor from Jelinek Cork in Canada. We wanted something non-gassing, soft and tough.

o

How beautiful! Keep the photos coming!

o

Nice stove. Lovely color. Double for Rummy.

I would love to find a light fixture for my old Magic Chef. The holes are there but I have no idea what the original looked like for certain. Thinking I could rig up another as long as it was vintage and fit the holes.

o

Schoolhouse: post a pic of your stove and let's see if we can find you a replacement. Do you know what year and/or model it is?

o

Beautiful!

o

It made me smile all over my face to see these pics. I love dogs, but I LOVE the promise of your kitchen and the privilege of being in on some of the planning.

Happy, happy cooking. You will find, as I do, that you are smiling as you stir and chop your foods and pet the dog and the stove and the tiles and the. . . . ;-)

Sandra

o

That is one sweet range! Love the progress and the fun pictures :)

o

wow deedles - it's looking great!

o

What is the range? Is it new or old?
(regardless, it's cool)

o

schicksal: it's a Chambers vintage range, model c90 from the late 40s or early 50s.

o

It looks great, deedles.

Schoolhouse, the one thing I learned for sure from my hoosier/vintage range quest is that for vintage stuff you can find anything you might need, although it may cost more than you hoped and may take a few days to track down one in good shape. But I was just amazed at how many obscure parts are out there.

o

Awwww, thanks Deedles for the cute pics of Rummy, adorable!!!!

o

Deedles, I love her, of course! MMmmmm mmm jadeite green!

Schoolhouse, which model do you have and where are the holes? Is this the kind of thing you're seeking?

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Magic Chef light fixture

o

Yippy for Big Girl...looks like she found a good spot to call home! Can't wait to see what fine edibles she produces...

o

Here are some pics of the stove. You can see the three holes in the second photo where something was - either a light or a clock/timer. The fixture in your photo looks larger than what I imagined. But what a great find. Wonder what the other metal pieces were for?

photo 100_4200.jpg

photo 100_4338.jpg

o

Stunning!! Just Stunning!!

o

Deedles I just LOVE Big Girl! That kitchen is going to be SO COOL! Cant wait.
Is Rummy an English Shepard? Very Pretty doggy. Coordinates well with your kitchen.

o

Looking good!

o

Thanks all, progress is slowly happening... finally have most of the drawers now and it has been alleged that the counter is going to be installed tomorrow afternoon!~ Still the uppers, one lower and a pantry cabinet to go.

Rummy was alleged to be half husky and half chocolate lab. We're still not sure on that, though.

o

Yes, I agree, it does look good. I like the beaded board as well, but that stove, I love it. I always have wanted one like that.

o

Oh deedles - that tile, that stove...you're in the home stretch!!

o

That is one heck of a range! How cool! Your kitchen is coming along so well. I can't wait to see the final shots. Your pup is too cute & so happy!

o

Perfect caption for Rummy's slinky pose. "I'm too sexy for this stove" still makes me laugh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here