Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why do GW pages not load 75% of the time?

Posted by phylhl (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 20:49

Seems that almost every time I click on a thread to read or post - my browser (any one I try) hangs up and at the bottom it says:
"waiting for amch.questionmarket.com"

what's with that? any way to fix it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why do GW pages not load 75% of the time?

I usually just back up a page and click the thread again. Loads right away the second time. Drives me nuts, too... I assumed, with all the pop up blockers and stuff I had, I was to blame for an ad not loading.

o

>I assumed, with all the pop up blockers and stuff I had, I was to blame for an ad not loading

Actually, most pop up blockers only stop ads from showing, not from loading as part of the page, so you still have the wait if the ad server is slow.

o

I have to hit refresh a lot to get a different ad so the page loads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here