Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!!! Glass back splash with no upper cabinets

Posted by hondarunner37 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 20:32

Hello everyone,
I am having a difficult time figuring out how I should do my back splash.
We do not have any upper cabinets above the sink, it just a wall. Do we stop at the end of the cabinets or go up to the top of the crown?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!!! Glass back splash with no upper cabinets

What's goung in the blank space? A piece of art? A mirror? Rethink and order a cabinet (my suggestion) that maybe has a plate rack or glass doors? Something has to go there. And what that something is will determine how you handle the backsplash.

o

I agree with hollysprings that something other than all backsplash should go there. I think a mirror would be the most attractive. Also, you can keep an eye on what's going on behind you. What about a mirrored window frame?
Let us see what you ended up with when you decide!

o

I don't think I'd want to be looking at myself at the sink. .

o

Can we see photos of the rest of the kitchen, it would help to see where the backsplash will end there as well and help us give you advice?

o

I like Hollysprings suggestion of a cabinet. Maybe something short and open.

o

hondarunner37:

If you ran the splash even with the lower cabinets and applied an understated molding to the exposed edge it would get you out of your immediate dilemma but wouldn't have to be removed should you excercise your cabinet option later. Tiling to the cabinet crown is a real comittment.

o

I would put shelves between the cabinets.

o

no - you got it. That's perfect.

o

Love the shelves!

o

I was going to say open shelving would be nice, so I really like nosoccermom's pics. If you're going to do some sort of BS below the cabinets & don't want to take it up the wall, you can take it down the wall at the height of the bottom of the cabinets & put your shelves above, between the cab's. If you decide to put a cabinet there, make sure your face isn't directly in the cabinet!! You don't want to be uncomfortable while at the sink. Let us see what you end up doing.

o

Other options as suggested above. Lower cabinet:

Lower cab, pendant, and art

o

Great pictures nosoccer. I'm sure honda will appreciate seeing all of the options she has now. Very nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here