Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash ?

Posted by Jonif (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 20:19

hi again. Need a little help and advise, My white kitchen cabinets are being installed, and I am having a vinyl plank floor put in. I will be putting in tan/brown granite countertop. My question is , Should i not add a granite 4 inch backsplash if i put in something like subway tile? Not really sure i should do both.
I have no pics yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash ?

I MUCH prefer the tile coming right down to the counter... no 4" strip.

o

If you're doing a tiled backsplash, the consensus is that it looks better to bring it all the way down to the countertop. This is a matter of preference, of course, and some do choose to do the 4" of granite and then tile above that. Or just paint about the 4"er. Check out the Finished Kitchens section, ignoring all the other eye candy, and look just at backsplashes. That should help you decide the direction you want to go.

o

Thank you for the advise, I will skip the 4 in granite back splash and go with ceramic or subway tile.

o

Definitely skip the 4" BS. Your combination sounds pretty -- could you post pictures? What kind of vinyl plank are you using? Your colors/materials sound like what I am contemplating and I would love to see how it all comes together. Will look forward to your "in progress" and finished pics.

o

I will post pic soon. I am using Mannington Adura luxury planks. I ordered them on line, a bit cheaper. Right now all i have are my cabinets up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here