Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pantry cabinets surrounding Fridge

Posted by camarodreamer67 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 20:16

I have 10 ft of space on this wall is currently setup like above. I met with the contractor this week to choose countertops and tile for the other part of the kitchen. I plan to place two thirty inch pantries coming from the corner and then the fridge, and that leaves 24" that I have been contemplating a broom closet. The broom and vacuum currently lives in the coat closet. I have found pics for the cabinet maker to go by and have a plan for how the outside should look but the inside overwhelms me. Everytime I try to think about what will live inside the spaces, I try to absolutely everything that is in all of the other cabinets in them and then obviously the other cabinets would be empty. One of the pantries should house all of the electrical gadgets as well as my "tupperware" type food storage containers. The other cabinet should house food. I can't figure out the best solution for what the inside should look like. Should I use pull out's or fixed shelving in each one. How about a 24" broom closet? Including trim they will measure 84" high. Also for the cabinet over the fridge, I know I want it full depth but otherwise no thoughts.

Any advice appreciated! I had planned to submit payment for the cabinet maker to start building today but I just can't picture the insides.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here