Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chinchette

Could you review my Ikea plan? : )

chinchette
11 years ago

The cabinets will all be white. The room shape is actually not rectangle but I couldn't draw it right. Its got a garage door near the pantry and the room is a bit wedge shaped. The wall across from this view is angled and gets thinner at the garage end, wider at the peninsula.
There is a doorway into the living room about 4.5 ft from the end of the peninsula.

Wow I see that the photo is tiny. So for more info, the range wall is 14.6 feet. The peninsula has a sink base, then a dishwasher to the left, and a 12 inch trash pull out on the end. There will be a blind cabinet in the corner as there is plumbing there. There will be fillers in the corner for clearance.

I put this pony wall in behind the peninsula, but it is coming pretty close to the door way to the bedrooms. However, that wall on the left doesn't exist. Its a small breakfast room.

So I have a bit of a back and forth on if there should be a pony wall that is raised up a little bit which guards spills from the sink, and hides dishes from the breakfast room. But may make things look smaller.

I had an idea to move the peninsula inwards a bit and that brings it away from the doorway, but I sort of think the kitchen needs all it can get, and doing that would kill some symmetry. The bottom cabinets are 30 inches and 15 inches. The top are 36".

This is a lot of breathing room for the hood. Its 8.5 inches on either side after putting on the side panels on the uppers.

All thoughts are appreciated!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath