Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

It's wide open! Mid-reno reveal

rebeccamomof123
11 years ago

Dare I say that my reno is going ahead of schedule! Less than two weeks ago we were eating dinner in our old kitchen. Tonight, it's gutted, two load bearing walls were taken down, electrical and plumbing are all in, hardwood floors are in, walls are drywalled and almost plastered and by Monday they'll start painting. Cabinets arrive Wednesday for installation.My new appliances and sink are sitting in my garage. I can't believe how quickly this project has flown by!!

Here is a sneak peek now that we're officially mid-way through. It's not much to look at yet, but the open space is priceless to us.

Comments (13)

• rebeccamomof123
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, and here's a quick "tour". I"m standing at the back wall where my window bench-seat and built-in open cabinets will be. Under the small window is where my sink will go. The wall accross from that will be my fridge and range. My new back door is already in and the tarped area used to be a wall and is only closed off to contain the dust, but it will be open to my dining area and living room. The cut out is my new broom closet with an electrical outlet inside where I'll have some shelves up top for a charging station for phones, iPad, Kindle, etc. So excited about that part! NO MORE wires on my kitchen counters!!

• deedles
    11 years ago

How exciting! I can't wait til we get to the point you are at. Glad it's going better (and faster) than expected.

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Very cool all is going well and ahead of schedule. Can't wait to see your cabinets in that wonderfully opened up space. Wires, who needs wires?

• smiling
    11 years ago

Wow, that is just blazing speed! I'm thinking it's great karma, and that you are very deserving!

• tmy_jax
    11 years ago

Looking good Rebeccamom123! Congrats & keep us posted!

• rebeccamomof123
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good karma is right!!! The same day we gutted the kitchen, my 3 year old autistic son said "I love you, mama" to me for the very first time!! DH and I saw it as a sign that the kitchen was just the beginning of a new chapter for us. Thanks all, for your encouradgement!

• smiling
    11 years ago

Oh, what a beautiful and touching memory of your son together with the first day of your new kitchen.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

You kitchen project is exciting but as a speech pathologist I have to say that your son being able to verbalized his love for you is beyond exciting. Praying that this is the beginning of many more words, phrases and sentences for your child.
    I was blessed with a kitchen reno that went off without a hitch and was completed very quickly. I hope the rest of your project goes as well as the first 2 weeks have. I will be looking forward to your reveal ( and maybe another sentence from your son)

• rebeccamomof123
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all! Yes, very exciting milestone's all around. Stay tuned for more updates!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

So exciting!!! Will be watching!!!

• cathy725
    11 years ago

How exciting!! I know you are thrilled with the progress! Looks like your's will be almost done before mine even starts!!

So amazing about your son too! It sure is great for him to be able to communicate verbally--a great sign for things to come!.

• eleena
    11 years ago

I cannot find the link for the "tour"?

Has it been removed? The post does not appear edited.

Just wanted to say I can relate. I set my remodel in motion before I had the final plan, don't ask me why. LOL And now it is happening sort of by itself and I am watching it in disbelief.

Wishing you lots of luck. I hope everything will go smoothly and you'll be happy with the final product.

• Laura517
    11 years ago

Can't wait to see it when it's finished. So happy for you that it is going smoothly! And the really important things in life are priceless!