Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dvdre_gw

Our quirky kitchen: Range hood and faucet installed (pics)

dvdre
14 years ago

Our range hood (GE Monogram ZV950SDSS) finally got installed today. Issues with this were 1) the vent opening had to detour around major truss ceiling supports and 2) its 25-inch depth meant it needed to be above head height (installed at 71.5 inches). And of course the glass tile needed to be installed first.

The faucet also was installed today and we have working sink and garbage disposal. That is a big step forward! (The contractor twice delivered the wrong faucet, long story ...)

The last major item is the GE Cafe dual-fuel oven/cooktop. I think it will be a tight fit. Interesting to see how they handle that.

Range hood. There it is! After much struggle ...

{{!gwi}}

Wider view, showing the Typhoon Bordeaux granite. The glass tile is Oceanside Coppertone:

{{!gwi}}

And the faucet (finally, the right one), Brizo Venuto:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

• debrak_2008
    14 years ago

Looks beautiful! Really like your choices, especially the backsplash.

• darbuka
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning! The cabinets are gorgeous...custom, yes?

Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Any tile by Oceanside gets my vote! I had wanted to do our whole bathroom in it but it is expensive. Ended up with a mosaic "wannabe" and had to change my whole color scheme to match the one color that was on sale! LOVE your warm, rich colors. Simply gorgeous!

• prill
    14 years ago

That looks beautiful. I like your choices too. Love your cabinets! Great job.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just lovely. The warm browns,
    coppers, golds and creams of the funky tiny tiles are
    perfect with the movement in your granite. Divine!
    I adore the little light in the upper right corner of
    your rich warm wood that blend this space
    so nicely.
    I'll say it again Divine!
    ~boxer

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

As everyone said, really wonderful, unique color scheme-sorta root beer colors mixed with jewels.

• brickton
    14 years ago

Heh, consider it a case of needing to wait and see, but when I saw your in progress photos I thought your kitchen was one that just didn't do it for me. And now with the hood in place (and the different more dramatic lighting), I kind of love it.

I also would love to know what your cabinets are. The shaker with bead look is great. It's still clean lines, but has a little visual punch, which is perfect. And the colors here are great. If you get a chance, would you mind showing an upclose of your drawer fronts? Do those have a bead around them? Are they just flat? My wife and I are trying to find something along these lines of full overlay shaker with a bead, but they usually end up looking too busy to us when done in a full kitchen. Not here though, these cabs just look great.

• ponderous1
    14 years ago

The kitchen is fabulous but I have to state for the record that what really got me was the composition of your photos. Great job!! I love the upshot of the faucet with the vent in the background. Someday when I list my house to sell I want you to take the pictures of it! :-)

• dvdre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

These pics are for brickton:

The cabinets doors are called an '8-piece' because 4 pieces are added to create the bead around the inset. On the upper drawers only (which are narrower) the bead runs along the outside edge of the drawer and there is no inset.

Detail of the door edge, showing the bead:

{{!gwi}}

Detail of an upper drawer front with bead around the edge:

{{!gwi}}

• brickton
    14 years ago

Yes. I triple heart it. Thank you so much for posting this (particularly the name).

• three_daisies
    14 years ago

Yummy shaker with bead cabinets. It's all really beautiful. Love the SS range hood. I especially love the artistic photo (the last photo) from the view of the sink!!

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

That is just SEXY!!!!