Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jen4268

A few updated pictures

jen4268
15 years ago

Here are a few updated pictures of my kitchen as I get ready to post to the Finished Kitchens space! Thanks again to all of the people here who helped me make it past the fnish line. I have attached my original post with most of the details.

Here a few more pictures with more of the decorating done-

Here is a link that might be useful: Original post

Comments (21)

• lesmis
    15 years ago

Jen, love your kitchen, it has been one of my inspirations from the start, though mine won't be quite as elegant. You'll have to post a link so we can see the pictures a little larger.

Congrats!

Kat :)

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

Yes, I love your kitchen too. I am anxious to see it in the FKB. My kitchen will be a bit similar, so yours inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Love, love, love the dining room and your hutch wall. (didn't know what else to call it. ;-)

• teppy
    15 years ago

yes, this kitchen is gorgeous! please post a link so that we can see them better. they are small and i would love to see more details.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Asolutely beautiful!!

• diy_dirk
    15 years ago

Jen, can you tell DW about your kitchen runner and dining room carpet?

Outstanding material choices for the remodel!

Cheers,

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Gosh, don't know how I missed this one first time around! So glad you posted updates, Jen - your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous, and I love your windows!

Eliz

• dreamywhite
    15 years ago

Jen - do you mind sharing where you purchased your pendant lighting from? They are stunning.

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry about the small pictures- they were coming out so large, but now they are too small. I will try and repost with better sizes today.

dreamywhite- my pendants were from an antique store- I don't think they were actual antiques, but I don't know if they can be special ordered.

• datura-07
    15 years ago

Beautiful job

• mythreesonsnc
    15 years ago

Your kitchen is so beautiful All of your choices are absolutely perfect. Clip, clip, clip for the inspiration file!!!

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are the small pictures a little larger-

• rsslp
    15 years ago

Jen- your kitchen is beautiful... can i ask how wide are your walkways between the island?

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Hi Jen,
    I just realized I posted to your original post, after linking to it. oops... Anyway, two quick questions for you:
    -Are you STILL happy with your granite? I have regular shiny black absolute in my masterbath, and could not handle it in the kitchen, due to everything showing. I know you mentioned a similar thing in your OP. Do you find this granite slightly better than that or hugely bettter?

-How are those rugs working out in a kitchen?

Thanks!

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

dreamywhite, if you check back in here, check out Turn of the Century Lighting for pendants very similar to these; and check out Redroze's kitchen, newly posted. She bought hers there.

Eliz

Here is a link that might be useful: Turn of the Century Lighting

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bestyears- if anything I love my granite even more. It does not show dirt and I have not managed to stain or mark it anywhere yet. It is hugely better than my shiny black granite which shows dust etc.

The seagrass rugs are working out great too- they don't show any dirt and look good as new so far- even after a spill or two and some help from my two dogs :).

rsslp- I will measure tonight. I can't remember off hand, but I think it was 42 inches to the sink and 48 from the stove.

• redroze
    15 years ago

Simply stunning. Can't wait to see your final pics in the FKB.

• kulagal
    15 years ago

Jen: As I said in Oct - fantastic! White kitchens are my favorite and yours is one of the best! I would like to know where you got your counter stools. Very nice how they tuck in. Well done! TIA

• huango
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen, especially your windows.
    My layout is just about the same.
    Could you share your floorplan/dimensions/window size? Which window manufacturer? I love all the details of the window molding. Would love more/closer pix of the windows/molding.

thank you very much.
    Amanda

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Jen,
    Your amazing kitchen just keeps getting better! Love your finishing touches.

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rsslp- the distance of the island from the counter is 42 in from the sink side, and actually 56 inches from the stove. I think I planned it so that when the oven doors were open, I still had 36 inches to walk by. However, you could definitely go with less and be OK. Any more would have been too much.

Kulagal- My stools are from Ballard Designs. I have been happy with the quality. As you can see, I did not have enough space for a stool with a back on it and these tuck right out of the way. They also have the swivel top which I like.

huango- I am not sure I can get my floor plan on here, but I love the window as well. The window size is 80 inches by 60 inches. Our ceiling is 9 ft tall if that helps. The trim was designed by our very talented carpenters who did our trim. They worked it out as a way to keep the crown moulding and the curve of the top of the window working together nicely. It was definitely a case of a problem being turned into a feature!