Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinets arriving tomorrow! What do I look for? Pics to come...

Posted by williamsem (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 19:49

Ok, I was going to wait to post until they were here, but the whole reason these cabinets are arriving 5 weeks before demo is so we can inspect and reorder without delaying this project. So now, of course, I'm anxious I might miss something.

Advice on what to look for or check? I promise to post some pics once they arrive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinets arriving tomorrow! What do I look for? Pics to come

Mine arrived about a week or 2 ahead of time - I didn't even look. The GC inspected and re-ordered some doors that had problems - the cabs were fine -

I would look at the corners and any exposed surfaces.

o

Thanks, A2gemini!

Anyone else? Last minute words of wisdom?

o

In my last remodel we got our cabinets months before we were actually ready for them. It was a DIY thing and we just ordered too early. But we opened each box and checked out each cabinet very thoroughly. It was good because the sink base was actually pretty damaged and we needed a new one. I was also able to get the company to replace some doors and drawer fronts that had less than stellar wood used on the fronts.

This time our cabinets are supposed to come on May 1st. We probably wont even have our floors sanded by then! I seriously hope we do though.

o

They're here! I stayed out of the way for the most part so I didn't see much, but they opened each one and looked at the exposed parts and inside each door. They were pleased. I can't believe these will all fit in the kitchen, but I know they will.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm trying very hard to resist opening up the double angle cabinet, it is not very big and right on top where I can reach it. This is going to be a long 6 weeks!

o

Oooh, so exciting! I had the hardest time not opening the box that the sink was in when they brought it over. I can imagine how hard it'll be to have these huge "presents" in your living room for weeks before the fun starts :-) From what I can see in the photos, they look beautiful.

I have guys installing the counter in the kitchen as I'm typing this, and I really want to go in there and have a special moment with it.

o

Open every box, remove and inspect every side of every cabinet.

o

Hmm, didn't you mention a new floor that went in already, justmakeit :-). I'm ordering soon, have you had a chance to try it out yet? So excited for you getting counters! Fondling a new counter is perfectly acceptable around here. Sounds like you'll be done in no time at all!

This post was edited by williamsem on Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 12:57

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here