Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
front_gw

How did you choose your cabinet crown?

front
10 years ago

I'm having a hard time deciding on which cabinet crown and under cabinet crown to go with. There are so many options with the stacking ability of trim pieces. I was told that a lot of people just use profiled stock for under cabinet molding. What type did you go with? Did you go with a simple crown or multi layer crown? I am thinking of just going with a starter trim or mounting base and then a classic crown. I have a partial overlay, so I could just mount the crown directly to the face frame.

Comments (5)

• Sms
    10 years ago

Just liked the look of a cove crown. Didn't have a light rail though-- used low profile LED UCLs

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Our decision for our crown was made because we didn't want anything that would really compete with the cabinetry.

If our GC ever comes back to finish our kitchen, we are having a simple cove molding put up - we have slab cabinets and felt that anything more than that was too fussy. Our "light rail" is hidden, so you don't see it below the cabinets - our cabinet maker designed it so that we wouldn't need to see a light rail below the cabinet door, which is what we preferred.

• Cindy103d
    10 years ago

We're going to use the same crown that's already in the rest of the kitchen, so the decision was easy. Hard part is getting it done - which is this weekend's DIY project.

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

I usually offer 2-3 choices out of the molding sample box for the customer to choose from, based on the style of the cabinetry and their overall aesthetic. We'll mock it up on the door sample by hand so that they can see the difference, and I'll offer guidance about how each of them can technically or aesthetically work with their other choices. If they have no strong preference, I'll usually nudge them towards the more simple choice. It usually has more style staying power over the long run.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

We/KD picked crown molding based on rest of 1st floor molding. Old house.