Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Breezy - What is that?

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 19:36

What is the brand of that beautiful pot on your cooktop in the Capital Simmer thread?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Breezy - What is that?

Michelle, if you're talking about the pot pictured in breezy's post of Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 5:32 on the appliance forum, she says what type of pot it is just above the pic: Pan is a Vollrath 44731 Intrigue 9 qt sauce pot (her husband works for a restaurant supply company). And it looks just like the pan pictured in her post of Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 20:41.


RE: Breezy - What is that?

This one?

Yes, Lisa is correct. (Thanks, Lisa!) DH brings pots home for me from work so I never really get a choice. Vollrath has been a fine brand for me so far, but I've never really known anything else. Though based on research by the always-cooking Rhome on her blog, I think I'll say pretty please to DH for a tri-clad Vollrath Tribute in the future. I'm wondering if a tri-clad pan might help simmer me better on the ultra powerful CC rangetop.

I do have a lovely yellow Le Creuset of about the same size, but it's been packed (grrrrr) in the garage for over a year now for the house reno. Now that we're back in the house, I want my pan!! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhome's blog discussing Vollrath Tribute

RE: Breezy - What is that?

Thanks Lisa and Breezy...yes, that is the pot. I need to improve my reading and attention to detail skills.

I don't need any more pots but I like the handles on the one in the picture. I think it is a beautiful pot and I may have to try one.

Thanks for the Vollrath link.

Good luck with your simmering issue - I have been following that post closely as I made the decision to go with Bluestar due to the simmering and rack positions. But, I have not yet ordered so will be interested in how they resolve, if they resolve.


RE: Breezy - What is that?

A "Vollrath" sounds like a smaller version of Lewis Carroll's "Mome rath", no?


RE: Breezy - What is that?

The tri-ply should help if you're getting too much heat through the sides of your pan while the bottom is still heating up. (things sizzling or burning on the sides of the pan) I think that's advantageous on the gas heat, but I doubt it will solve the simmer issue, I'm sorry to say. :-(

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here