Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please show me subway tile backsplashes w/ light wood cabinets

Posted by Fun2Learn (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 19:32

I have been looking at photos of subway tile backsplashes (I recently posted the question asking for recommendations about crackle-glazed subway tiles), and I am noticing that almost all the white or off-white subway tile backsplashes seem to be used with white or off-white cabinets. However, my cabinets are a honey-spice maple (my granite countertop is a creamy off-white.) Does anyone have any photos to share of subway tile backsplashes used with light-toned wood cabinets? Do you think that off-white subway tiles with my cabinet color will be too stark looking or uninteresting? I love the white subway tile with white cabinets--but will I love it with honey-spice maple cabinets?
I can't seem to find a natural stone that works well with my granite (they all have too beige or pinky -beige of an undertone, or are too busy with my busy granite.) Thanks for any help you can give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please show me subway tile backsplashes w/ light wood cabinet

Hmm, I think my cabs are medium, rather than light . . . but here's mine. I used the 4 x 8 Daltile matte biscuit subs, so not quite the traditional size.
Prep are

Get some samples, do some mock-ups, take pictures, and post. That's what I did, and the peeps here helped direct me in the right way!

o

Hi Fun...

My backsplash is creamy white..Crema Marfil Tumbled Marble. It doesn't have any pink undertones..I've posted my kitchen many times, so I'm sure you've seen it.

Here's a link to Arizona Tile. If it looks pinkish on your monitor, that's not how it looks in reality.

Scroll down to see different sizes..I used the tumbled brick mesh 2 x 4 inch.

KA:)

Here is a link that might be useful: crema marfil tumbled marble

o

I have a few pictures of subway. NOt all of them are
white subway with light wood but maybe they can help
others who are reading your post.
Enjoy,
~boxerpups

light counter

Photobucket

Backsplash

Kitchen in a bag

marble    backsplash
Photobucket

Price Pfister, backsplash

Photobucket

Photobucket

backsplash

backsplash

kitchen700

A

Floor

o
Thanks everyone!

RJR- I love your glass mosaics with the white subway tile. May I ask what color/brand they are? They look like they might work as an accent for me.
Kitchen additct:I googled to find your kitchen, and I do remember seeing it before-probably when I had googled for pics of crema marfil backsplashes! I do love the look of the crema marfil and had ordered a sample. However, my sample doesn't look like a "perfect" fit for my granite, but it is very close to what I think would look good.I had considered ordering another sample of a different kind. Yours really goes with yours. Is yours the turkish or Spanish crema marfil? I understand that there are different types and grades, and I wonder if that can affect the shading.
thanks Boxer pups for the photos. The first one looks similiar to my cabinet color and granite color. I remember seeing this photo before. In looking at it- I don't think the backsplash does anything special for the kitchen-sort of plain vanilla. I think I'd like something to jazz it up, personally-maybe- like a row of glass mosaics?

o

Hi again Fun..

I have no idea if mine is turkish or Spanish...sorry...but good luck in your search for the right tile!

rjr..your kitchen is gorgeous...classy.

and boxer...always enjoy the pics.

KA:)

o

Fun: the glass tiles are Sumi-e mosaic tiles, I chose the Ogari natural -- of course, my inspiration was another GW'er!. Made me blow the backsplash budget . . . . You can get samples from Mosaic source.

Kitchenaddict -- thanks -- I've had to wipe the drool off my computer screen after looking at your kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: lsumi-e tiles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here