Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumberry_gw

cork flooring anyone

plumberry
11 years ago

If anyone can recommend a quality cork flooring please let me know what brand to check. thanks!

Comments (7)

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

We have torlys in an office and absolutely love it! I would like to install it in the kitchen also
    Alison

• NJHM
    11 years ago

A neighbor has cork flooring in the kitchen and dislike it. They say that you have to be careful since any dropped objects result in nicks, apart from the frequent sealing required.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Are you looking for click or glue down? There are a number of people here that have posted about their cork that might help. There are 4 of us here getting cork very shortly, one person installed this week but still under reno, I think someone else just ordered, I'm ordering in about 2 weeks (still deciding), and someone else will be shortly too.

It's just like a wood floor in terms of care and cautions, nothing is bullet proof. Even tiles can shatter.

• JXBrown (Sunset 24, N San Diego County)
    11 years ago

I had it in one kitchen. It was dangerous since it was always covered with sleeping dogs.

• Spottythecat
    11 years ago

We are putting Capri Cork in our home gym - it is 9mm thick and comes in 48 in rolls. Not sure if this is the kind of cork you are looking for.
    Pam

• jerzeegirl
    11 years ago

When I was researching cork for my previous kitchen, I found a company that makes really nice cork. There are only three choices but the colors are beautiful. I have two samples - one is a golden brown, the other a dark brown. They are really beautiful. The name of the company is Dodge Cork.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• luckymom
    11 years ago

We've got AmCork in floating planks. Absolutley LOVE it. It's our 2nd cork floor. I went lighter and with a matte finish this time- you seal it after installation even when they come with factory finish to help with sealing the grooves. The matte feels like walking on silk, and it doesn't show dirt. SCORE!!!!

Had a water leak in Sept- the old cork had been down for about 10 years or more, sealed ONCE when installed, and definately used and abused by dogs (all sizes from 10 lbs to over 100) 2 cats, messy cook (me) and a hubby who insisted on sitting on his "throne" (old stool with metal legs that constanty needed new rubber boots, but rarely got them). Mopped it with everything from a scooba to Swiffer to good ole Pinesol. Had a heart attack in 09- floor didn't get mopped for months on end (I couldn't, Dh didn't and it took me forever to convince him to hire a cleaning lady). Never even showed it was dirty- which I can't say the same about my tile floors in the bathrooms....

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living