Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
15" drawer stack, how to configure?

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 19:22

Basically there is only room for 1 drawer stack of 15" in our tiny kitchen....

What is the best way to configure our one and only drawer stack?
Should the 4 drawers be of equal size or 3 shallower and then a deeper drawer? Is there a rule about drawer stacks?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 15" drawer stack, how to configure?

I would go 3 equal and one deep plus a toe kick drawer since you are running low on drawers. We have two drawer stacks in our small kitchen and they are approximately 6/6/6/12/tk.

o

Thanks, that's what I thought too. The cabinet maker has them drawn out as 4 equal drawers which I think looks odd??

o

My 18" drawer stack with a deeper bottom drawer if that helps. Excuse the lack of toe kicks... it's only been 2 years and we're still not done.

o

Thanks for the photo! That's what I'll ask him to do instead of 4 equal drawers.

o

Geomeg - I also have a small kitchen. I went with the 3 smaller/1 larger but my recommendation would be to plan out what you need the drawers to store and then measure those items - plan around what you actually have!

I also recommend searching GW for the many posts that show how people organize their drawers - most have the title "Show me drawers" - below is a link to the latest post. It's amazing how much drawers can hold when done efficiently!

Here is a link that might be useful: Inside drawers...

o

Brooklyngalley- I love your kitchen!
My current kitchen doesn't have any drawers, so having any will be amazing! I won't know what to do with them lol!!!

o

My current kitchen doesn't have any drawers, so having any will be amazing! I won't know what to do with them lol!!!

o

o

Sorry about all the repeat posts, I'm on my phone....

o

On either side of our stove we have one 14" stack and one 15" stack. Each one has three drawers, one shallow for utensils/knives and 2 deeper ones.

photo appliances1_zps8d1b46b7.jpg

In this particular stack we keep knives and turning forks in the top drawer, saucepans in the second, and frying pans in the bottoms. On the other side of the stove the top drawer has utensils used at the stove and on the sink (turners, can opener, spatulas, etc.). The second drawer is the bread drawer, and the bottom drawer holds dish towels and pot holders. This arrangement has worked well for us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here