Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used MSI "Q Premium Natural Quartz--chakra beige?

Posted by Anne2326 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 19:13

Hi everyone. In looking for countertop options for a renovation, I was narrowing down granite options when I came upon this particular quartz in a showroom. I can find information on the MSI's website, but haven't been able to find much on the internet about pricing, availability, etc. The showroom I visited is going to call back Monday with pricing. This renovation is in northern CA (Napa to be specific) if that matters.

Here's a picture of the quartz with the cabinet I am using. Is anyone familiar with it? (It is a bit warmer/creamier than the picture shows)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used MSI "Q Premium Natural Quartz--chakra beige?

Guess the picture didn't post last time!

o

I would be curious about where it's made. I couldn't find any info on their website. The Asian countries are getting into the quartz manufacturing business. If they tell you Vietnam, ask if it's Vicostone. Granite companies have relabelled Vicostone with their name.

o

I have confirmed that it is imported from China, just like most brands of Quartz. No one at MSI would know or at least be at liberty to tell what company they are importing it from within China. I do know that MSI is a very highly respected company that has been around for almost 30 years. They got into selling Quartz Countertops in 2008 and they have a lifetime warranty on their quartz. I would not be afraid to purchase this product. I am an interior Designer and I am installing Sparkling White Q by MSI in my own personal kitchen next week.

o

Well, if you'll install it in your own kitchen, that's good enough for me, Ms. MSI!

"Like most brands of quartz"--that's a good one. I don't see any reason to buy ANYTHING from China if it can be avoided, and there are plenty of other quartz brands to chose from.

o

Thanks for the information! I appreciate your help!

o

Thanks for the information! I appreciate your help!

o

@ May_Flowers, Have I offended you some how? I am not saying I am special. I am just giving my own review...You don't have to belittle me for saying that I deal with this product and like it and choose it for my own home. The OP was asking if anyone was familiar with this product.
Also, Let me revise:
I have confirmed that it is imported from China. Just like most brands of Quartz (that are imported from China) no one at MSI would know or at least be at liberty to tell what company they are importing it from.

o

Why buy Chinese when there are plenty of other options? Including American made Cambria?

o

No, I'm not offended. I just like truth in advertising.

I see you've clarified one statement, so we won't have to argue that. You sound like the company spokesperson, so I hope you'll answer some questions. Do some good here and educate us about the Chinese quartz you so support instead of coming to spam.

But first tell me, how can MSI not know or be at liberty to tell where they are getting their quartz? Sounds very secretive. How are conditions at the factory?

I'm sure the price is lower than other quartz. Besides cheap labor, how else are they cutting corners? Are they using the Breton technology like all the other companies that play fair? Or did they knock-off the technology? One of the quality assurances the customer gets is that all the quartz companies use the same method. Can MSI assure that?

I've heard they add VOCs to their resin to speed up the curing process. Is that true? How can we trust what goes into the product?

So, why has MSI chosen Chinese quartz as their product? Just plain ol' American greed?

o

I am not "advertising" anything. What spam are accusing me of? and what? - I sound like the company spokes person?... because I like the product and have bought it for my counters? Wow, that's a stretch. Your Unfounded assumptions never end, do they? I am sure MSI has a phone number. Why don't you ask them your patronizing questions? I am not sure why you are acting this way to me. I don't know about saving any money on this product, my fabricator charged me MORE for Q than Pental, or Ceasarstone (the other two brands most commonly used in my area) They have to ship it from Seattle to Portland. I just like it better than my local options. It has a lifetime warranty, which is better than any other company I have found, so I am not worried about quality holding up. The Q line has "Sparkling white" that is more of a cleaner crisper white than any other brand I have ever seen. Everyone else should rename theirs "Sparkling Ivory" or "Sparkling grey". As for "VOC's" just read their web site. They state that they are a member of the US green building council and they are Greengaurd certified. I am an interior designer and deal with hundreds of brands of products. I gain NOTHING by stating whether I like a product or not to people who aren't even going to hire me as their designer anyway. I am just stating my opinion. You can have a different opinion if you want, just stop antagonizing me.

o

trooka- Wow you sure are easily antagonized. May flowers made one pretty innocuous comment and you went off on her. Perhaps you should be the one to calm down. To be honest I thought you were a shill or a spammer at first also. I think May flowers made it pretty clear why she thought you were a spammer. Lets spell it out so you can follow:

1) You just signed up for this site today just to praise an obscure product that really hasn't been discussed here before.

2) The first line of your first comment was INCREDIBLY misleading until you rephrased it. There is a huge difference between saying "I have confirmed that it is imported from China, just like most brands of Quartz" and "I have confirmed that it is imported from China. Just like most brands of Quartz (that are imported from China) no one at MSI would know or at least be at liberty to tell what company they are importing it from." The placement of the period makes a huge different. Most brands of quartz are definitely not from China. Saying something so blatantly misleading made you look like a spammer.

As for whether this product should be avoided because it comes from China, while there certainly are a number of inferior products from china I would not go so far as to claim all chinese products are inferior, to do so would be to engage in stereotyping and even racism to some extent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here