Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Whitehaven Sink Rack

Posted by stockybod (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 19:11

Hello all,
This is my first post, but have been lurking for some time.
My DW and I will be starting a "refreshening" of our kitchen in July. We signed a contract last month, but the guy is so busy, that is his next slot. Part of what we are doing is the Kohler Whitehaven sink. I know they make a ss sink rack, but is anyone aware of a regular vinyl mat that would fit the sink? Since the drain is in the upper right corner, the demand may not be great enough for a company to manufacture one. Also, any comments on their ss rack would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Whitehaven Sink Rack

I am curious about anyone who has the rack as well as this is the sink I am getting in my kitchen. I can say I have had a cast iron sink before and pots and pans will leave marks and over time the bottom of my sink got kind of grayish from all the tiny scratches/marks. So I will definitely be protecting the bottom of my sink.

o

We bought the rack Kohler makes for the sink, it wasn't that expensive in the context of the build ($80 through Ferguson's wih our builder and he builds about 8 houses a year, I doubt his discount is that big) and I didn't want to be mad at myself if I scratched the sink up.

o

I have the 36" whitehaven with the kohler ss rack to match. I really like it, and cannot see a reason to get a vinyl mat. The ick factor of a vinyl mat would bother me. I'm no dainty flower in the kitchen, and I have yet to have any scuff marks on the sink.

o

Just chiming in that I am also thinking of getting this sink and wondering if people are happy with it.

o

Thanks for all your replies. twn85, I understand about the ick factor. I think I'm more anal than my DW, so my thought is I wouldn't want to trash the nice SS Kohler rack. But then again, I guess that's what it's for!

o

We are also getting the same sink. I just have to decide on the color. White or sea salt? Decisions decisions.

o

The Whitehaven is the sink I am getting also. I wanted the corner drain design. I asked my KD about this and he wasn't familiar with it. He had me scheduled for the Dickinson model. He called today and said he found the Whitehaven and likes it so much that it is going to be the apronfront sink that he recommends. He said the design will make for a much easier install. I am so glad I mentioned it to him. I was going to do the white but I wonder if there is a better color choice?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here