Return to the Kitchens Forum

o
99% Finished Kitchen--creamy white w/soapstone

Posted by jbrodie (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 1, 09 at 18:59

Finally! Our kitchen is finished! I never thought the day would come, and boy am I enjoying it. I owe so much to this forum. I can't tell you how much you all helped me. Thank you!!! I hope I can help others in return.

Hope I'm not putting too many pictures!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Island
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

soap stone

Quick description (feel free to contact me if you have questions)
-Soapstone: Julia
-Cabinets: Custom, inset/flush shaker style with single bead (waiting to see if we get some issues resolved before I recommend the cabinet maker)
-Bookcase and desk tops: walnut
-Sharp microwave oven drawer (love it!)
-GE fridge
-Shaw 30 inch apron sink
-Wolf range top
-Thermador double ovens
-Vent-a-hood hood
-Dal tile
-potfiller: Newport Brass
-hot/cold faucet Newport Brass
-Main faucet: Mico
-Door to garage: one panel painted with chalkboard paint...fun! The kids love this and it's fun to put messages to guests, each other, holiday wishes, etc.
-Pull out baskets (love these...I keep bread in one and potatoes, onions, etc. in the other)
-Wine shelf--love it!
-Bar stools from Sturbridge Yankee Workshop (love these and they were so reasonable!)
-What would I do differently? More than 12 inch overhang on seating area of island (maybe 14-16 inch). And I might skip the bead board in the backs of the bookshelfs and glass cabs.

Happy kitchen designing to all! Thank you again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 99% Finished Kitchen--creamy white w/soapstone

Absolute and utter gorgeousness. Wow.

What paint colour is on your walls? I love your floor stain as well, it reads as a nice toffee colour on my monitor.

o

oh
my
word.
That is an incredibly spectacular kitchen. I'm really nearly speechess... What color are your walls? Beautiful job accessorizing as well. How is your soapstone doing? Are you oiling it with anything?

I'll go pick my jaw up off the floor now....

o

Timeless and classic. Love the whole thing. The island looks incredibly functional and gives you the chance to cook for company without them actually being underfoot. If I had to pick though, my very favorite part is the sink wall. (We are also big fans of creamy cabs, wood floors, period hardware and soapstone.)

o

Wow! I can see why you're enjoying it so much; it's really beautiful, classic, and timeless. Looks like you made a great use of space for seating and storage too. Well done!

o

I do not think I have posted praise on a finished kitchen... until now. G-orgeous!

o

Lovely, functional, classic! I love your kitchen - It's easy to imagine whipping up a fabulous meal there, and people sitting around the island enjoying the space. Really like your built-ins.

o

I think this is one of the most striking kitchens I have ever seen on this site! That says a lot because, IMHO the number of fabulous, remarkable, enviable kitchens on here is countless. In line with a recent discussion that has been going on another thread, however, your kitchen is one of those that beautifully marries "sophistication" and "polish" with a down-home, "feel welcome," "make yourself at ease" sensibility! I love it! Exactly the kind of feel I'm hoping to achieve with my own kitchen!

I'm also curious about the wall color. It especially shows off that great pitched ceiling. Beautiful! Also appreciating all your open shelf storage. Besides the utility of it, I love the way you have used it to display your personal effects. But I could exhaust myself commenting on all the fabulous particulars. Suffice it to say, this is a total package after my own heart. Congratulations!

o

The use of the different woods, the baskets, and the brownish walls all give this a warmth and a unique quality I wasn't expecting when I opened this thread. It's gorgeous and comfy. Lots of nice storage and great pendants!

o

Fabulous job!!! As Rhome and Marthavila have already said, it's beautifully pulled together, yet warm and welcoming. I too love the earthy tones combined with the white cabinetry. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy this kitchen for years to come!

o

Absolutely stunning! If anything, please feel free to post more pics! I love the attention to detail, the soapstone, the walnut, the hardware and lighting--definitely a kitchen to be proud of and an inspiration.

o

Absolutely gorgeous! Every detail is just perfect. A warm and inviting kitchen that combines the best of form and function. Love, love, love it!

What color did you paint your cabs?
What color are your walls?
What are your pendants?
Which Dal tile did you use on your backsplash?
What color are your floors stained?

o

Wow, I haven't commented on very many kitchens but this kitchen is wonderful. I love its organic feel, all the cubbies and storage, terrific layout, beautiful hardware and fabulous island. Congratulations!

o

Very beautiful! Love the idea with the chalkboard door. Thanks so much for sharing. Truly inspirational to those of us just starting the process. Congrats!

o

jbrodie - You have a beautiful gold medal winner with your new kitchen! Everything about it is fresh, functional and open. It should be a featured kitchen in a kitchen magazine.

Could I ask what the dimension is of your island?

Ours (the plan, anyway) will be smallish - 42" x 70", but I would like to be able to get at least 6 chairs (hopefully 8) with an overhang allowance from 9" - 11."

o

I'm in agreement with all the other posts. It is absolutely beautiful. You must be very proud, happy and satisfied with the time and work that went into creating it.

o

Oh my, I'm blushing! Thank you all so much for the positive feedback!

Okay, let me see if I can answer all the questions:

This was part of a big remodel, which was helpful because we could pick all colors and whatnot at once. Our house used to end where the ceiling height changes and our kitchen was enclosed, no island (and 1950's disfunctional appliances) and the area where the desk is now is where we had our dining table. So, we extended the kitchen the long way mostly, and added the island where the counter and wall used to be. I hope that makes sense. We LOVE having that desk area. It's so nice for the kids to do homework there and we use the cabinets on either side of it for pantry area.

Paint colors:
Benjamin Moore Natura
1000 Northwood Brown walls in the kitchen
998 Cabot Trail in the family room (somewhere I read...probably on this forum...that it works well to use two colors that are two or three PMS colors apart).

Cabinets: Bejamin Moore Aura in Acadia White. I find it looks pretty bright white in the middle of the day with bright sunlight shining in, and then quite creamy at night when the lights are on. The first two coats were sprayed and the final coat was brushed so we would be able to touch up when needed. Another thing I learned on the forum!

Pendants and fixture near the desk: Restoration Hardware. I think the pendants are called Benson and it's the smallest size.

I forgot to mention the cab hardware too. All of it is from Restoration Hardware with the exception of the latches. I originally got their latches and they were horrible (not smooth to operate). I found a woman on this forum who had tested lots of latches and recommended ones from Rejuvenation. I got those...small size in oil rubbed bronze. They match perfectly with the Restoration Hardware pulls and knobs in ORB and they work great! Thanks Mary! (I think that's who it was).

On the soapstone I've been using Bee's Oil from Holland Mills (another thing I found on the forum!). They gave us mineral oil with the counter, but it didn't last as long and got more splotchy looking than the Bee's Oil.

Let me know if I forgot anything!

Julie

o

Wow. Beautiful. From the mix of hardware to the pendants to the stools I wish I had...everything is dead-on. Another great example of how a white kitchen can be unique, warm, and utterly fabulous!!! This is also a great example of the right way to do a bi-level island. My old kitchen had one and it was horrible, but yours is genius. I just scrolled back up to look again. The storage...the bookcases...I'm drooling.

o

that is one outstanding kitchen. You took great photographs. I'll just ditto everyone else and add a little bit more:

I LOVE the paint colors - and agree with everyone that it (and hundreds of other elements) really made the space warm and comfortable looking. Glad you didn't go with the RH latches (I've got them in my current bath and don't like how they function).

what are your floors? and would you mind posting a pic and details of your eating area? the little bit I can see looks gorgeous as well!!!

o
Your backsplash

Your Daltile backsplash tile...What color and which tile? I'm still studying your pics and agree your kitchen should be in a magazine!

o

WOW! What a fantastic kitchen!

o

Oh, and I have no idea what color the floors are. They were attempting to match the color in the room next to the addition. They didn't do a great job of matching, but we like the new color better!

And I'll need to check on the Dal tile name tomorrow. It's pouring rain outside and I need to go out to our shed to see the name. It's a handmade tile (which give that uneven look) and has a crackle finish and I think the color is ivory. It was the best match we could find with acadia white paint on the cabs. Our tile guy way over estimated how much we would need so we have an entire box of it leftover (unreturnable). If anyone decides to use the same tile I can sell you a box of it cheap!

I will post a few more pics tomorrow once it's light again and I can shoot some. Maybe someone will have some suggestions for the unfinished parts (sconces in dining area, window coverings in all but the kitchen, etc.).

This kitchen is a true collaboration...all of those on the list who offered information, suggestions, ideas, photos, etc. helped me figure out what I wanted and what would function well. Three cheers for the Kitchen Forum!

Julie

o

GORGEOUS!! I love your island design and I love all the little nooks for books and just how warm and interesting it is. So so nice!!

o

Your kitchen could convert me from a wood cabinet gal to a white kitchen gal. It is absolutely gorgeous! I can certainly understand your joy!

o

Julie,
Private email me about the tile.

o

It is a gorgeous space, so roomy, so much seating and so warm!
What a great job, congrats and enjoy!
vic

o

What a beautiful kitchen! You make me second guess all of my choices...everything you've chosen looks so great. I love your faucet, your cabinets, your cabinet hardware, your island, your soapstone! Your paint color is great too. I never would have thought to go with that kind of color but it is just perfect.

I hate to hear that about the latches. I was really hoping to go with the RH ones in my kitchen, but if they just aren't going to be worth a darn, it's worth it to pay more than double for the Rejuvenation ones.

o

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

That is a seriously beautiful kitchen. I love the mix of textures and balance of open/closed storage. Also love the floor stain color. Perfect brown tone to complement the walls.

Also love the creamy with the orb. I am def stealing the chalkboard door.

Fantastic job! Enjoy every minute of it!

Ok, back to me & my kitchen:)
I ordered the Restoration latches. Are they stiff, awkward?

We also ordered the Benson pendants-how is the light?

What is your treatment on your kitchen window?

We are planning beadboard in the shelving. Why are you not crazy about it?

Details on the VAH hood?

That's it for now. Thanks so much and again, terrific job!
Katie

o

pluckymama, Not sure how to get your email address.

o

Try out the RH latches and see what you think. Maybe the ones I got were an off batch. The ones I got did not open and close smoothly like the Rejuv ones do. I think it would have driven me nuts. The Rejuvenation ones are pricey, but if you're doing ORB (and maybe with other finishes) you can mix and match with RH hardware for the rest. It matches perfectly. And of course you save money by not going with all Rejuvenation.

We like the pendants. They don't put out a huge amount of light, but with the other lighting in the kitchen it's enough for us. In fact sometimes I dim them. We put everything on dimmers which I love. So, I guess it depends what other lighting you have.

This is the hood: http://www.ventahood.com/images/hoods/prh9.jpg
For power, we got what the appliance guy suggested with our rangetop and I can't remember what that was.

I got the window treatment from Smith and Noble. The gal came out to the house, measured, brought samples and I ordered from her. My receipt says, Natural Woven color code 4482. I have to say, it's different that what I would have picked online. It was very handy having her come out with all the samples. I don't think it cost any more to have a person come (though the shipping seemed awfully high). We installed it ourselves and it was very simple. If you do order from them, search online for coupons because I've seen some lately. I thought the shade was very reasonable ($233 plus shipping, which was only a little more than one of those honeycomb shades we got at Home Depot a few years ago).

The beadboard...hmmm. I don't know. I had asked for a wider plank and so it wasn't exactly what I envisioned. I don't dislike it, but I barely notice it and it would have been a good place to save a few bucks.

o

Beautiful kitchen ! Everything is perfect. It is warm, inviting, & exquisitely detailed. Good job & congratulations. Enjoy !!

o

Really gorgeous. I'm not generally a fan of white kitchens, but the inset shaker style with soapstone gets me every time! And lovely floors.

o

It's beautiful and elegant! We are 99% finished with our kitchen which I LOVE, but I've already told my KD my next kitchen is going to be all white with soapstone counters and subway tile backsplash, LOL.

o

Simply gorgeous! I love how the wall color sets of the cabinets and makes for such a warm kitchen. Many soapstone and creamy cab kitchens come across cold to me but not yours. Your hardward is the perfect complement! You used your space so efficiently and what a great detail on the end of your island. Beautiful and functional. Enjoy!

Melinda

o

I love your kitchen!! You did a wonderful job. Love the wall colors. I would also like to know which subway tile you used on your backsplash. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous kitchen with us.

o

PERFECTION.

'nough said!

o

Wow! Amazingly beautiful, it's perfect! Love, love, love the multi-level island! It adds so much character to the kitchen.

I agree about the Restoration Hardware Latches having some issues. We ended up using them anyways because I was in a time crunch and couldn't wait to find replacements. Luckily I had ordered quite a few extras, so I was able to return the worst of them.

o

WOW! I initially thought that first picture was an "inspiration" picture. Now I have one!

o

It's gorgeous. Simple elegance, my favorite combination.

o

This is an amazing kitchen, absolutely stunning. Your wall colors and island design are the nicest I've seen. This is what I would have liked to pull off but didn't quite.

Our cabinets just got installed and I unfortunately asked them to glaze my dove white doors. It just makes them look dirty and I would like to paint over them. You mentioned that your final coat of paint was brushed on. Do you know what finish or type of paint they used? I'm wondering if I just paint right over the doors or if I have to prep them in some way.

Enjoy your beautiful kitchen!

o

Another fan of your kitchen here!! What a warm and inviting space. You and your family should enjoy it for years to come.

o

Every detail is beautiful. A timeless, classic kit. You must be thrilled.

o

Wonderful. You have given me some super ideas. This is very close to my dream kitchen. I love the wall color, wood floors, white cabinetry and the soapstone counters! Thank you for posting pics.

Enjoy all your hard work and beautiful designs. I can just imagine if it were my kitchen, sitting at the counter with a warm cup of coffee.

o

I LOVE your kitchen-who wouldn't? the details are perfect - your different cabinet hardware work beautifully. this is my kinda kitchen - pat yourself on the back. Well done!!!!

o

and the winner is.........love this kitchen!!! I haven't choosen my cabinets yet and thought I might go w/stain until these pictures. Now I am leaning towards white after seeing your kitchen. You should be very proud! Enjoy the many memories ahead I think this will stand the test of time. This too is my very first time I've commented.

o

i love it!!!!! i love white/cream kitchens but what i love most about yours is that is doesn't look like every other white/cream kitchen!!!! love all the green accents and all the natural textures you have going!!!!!! i could walk into this kitchen and feel like it was mine. where are you located???? moving soon????????

o

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I thought I was looking at magazine pictures! Beautiful layout, and great accessorizing. I am never going to want to post my kitchen.... Fantastic job.

o

Fantastic! I love the blend of textures, colors and the mood. The chalk board is GREAT! I love the chairs at the desk, and am wondering if they are comfortable, and who makes them.

o

Just gorgeous!! Absolutely love every detail! You must be so happy in the space!!
:)
Sarah

o

Julie,
Just click on my name and you can email me through my page.
Mary

o

FABULOUS!! Wow, what an amazing kitchen! Congratulations. It is Spectacular with a capital S!

I love everything about it. You have done such a great job putting it together. Love the pendants!

Can you tell me how you liked the BM Natura? I am considering using it and want to be sure there are no fumes.

I am currently designing a creamy white, soapstone kitchen too and I can only hope mine looks 1/2 as good as yours.

o

Thanks for taking the time to share your info. Enjoy your fantastic space!

o

It's just gorgeous. I simply love the combinations of browns and creams and the natural textures are done in perfect balance. There's not an element that misses the mark, from the striking pendents to the soapstone counters, concealed hinge inset doors (whatever issues you're having they LOOK stunning) , the hardware and the tiles to the colors you used on the walls and into the adjacent space. Your plan has a few parallels to mine - the glass door cabinets flanking the window, the island with seating opposite a long wall featuring fridge, ovens and range AND pantry closet (love the chalk board!). I only hope the end result turns out even half as nice!

o

I just love your kitchen. You have made such a wonderful space for your family. (I for one would not mind so more photos of the rest of the house.) I have a wall between my kitchen and family room that "needs" to come down. Your photos are inspirational. Great, great job.

o

I still can't believe this response. You are all too nice!

elfmom--Are your cabs factory finished? If so, I don't know that you could paint over them without sanding them down, which would be a shame. I would ask an experienced painter. We ordered our cabs unfinished and had a painter (awesome painter if anyone needs one in SF Bay Area on the peninsula) paint them. Spraying was much less expensive than brushing, but it did make as thick of a coat and we liked the idea that with the final brush area we could touch up without it being noticeable. That's part of the reason that we went with painted over the factory finish white that is "baked" on, and also we didn't like the look of the finishes our cab maker did and saw some in a home nearby that they made and it looked like the finish chipped easily. I guess if you order from the big companies with the factory finish it's much more durable than when you go with a custom cabinet maker in California...I guess they can't use the same chemicals to make it durable due to CA regulations. I have a friend that has the glaze. Her kitchen was one of my inspirations and it's gorgeous (I'll ask her if I can post some of the pictures I have of it). I think it looks great, and it hides the dirt! Everything shows on my cabs, but with the glaze you can get away with more!

mamabirrd--We like the Natura. It doesn't smell, which is great! We wanted to be as green as possible. The only place we didn't use it is on the cabinets because from everything I read on this site and talking to guy at the paint store, it sounded like Aura was a better bet for holding up to the beating cabinets get. A lot of people on the forum also like Fine Paints of Europe for cabinets, but that's $100 per can!

chinchette--The chairs at the desk (also the same ones at our dining table) are from Crate & Barrel. They are quite comfortable and once we get cushions will be even more so! I do have to say, they are not the most practical. A friends child was over recently and stood on a chair and little piece broken off the side of the seat. My husband glued it back on, but I can tell it's not going to last. Once we have cushions (C&B only has cream and black ones, and we want something in between) they will be more protected, which will be a good thing! Also, they will be tricky to clean if anything is ever spilled or if it gets dusty inside. The great thing is they are only $129! Here's the link: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14229&f=26600
Our barstools were a great deal too and are extremely comfortable. $350 for two and Sturbridge Yankee Workshop.

For the chalkboard idea, I have to give credit to Sunset Magazine. I saw a picture a couple of years ago and tore it out. It's one of my favorite things. I often write a message near the top and then the kids decorated the bottom.

I know I still owe some people the tile name, and I'll try to get out there to take a look at it soon!

o

Julie, I have to add my congrats to an amazing kitchen reno - so well done! Everyone has mentioned the wonderful details - they all combine to make a really welcoming kitchen. I'm guessing you must spend a lot of time there!

A question - where did you get the baskets that are in your island? We have a hutch/bookshelf that those would be perfect for.

And am I the only one who looks at what cookbooks others have? Great to see some of my favourites, like "The New Basics" - my copy is held together with a rubber band!

Thanks for sharing,
Eliz

o

Omg! where did you get your soapstone! It's beautiful!

o

Your kitchen is GORGEOUS! I am so glad I saw these pictures before I finalized my design plan - I am now re-thinking so many things. Enjoy your beautiful kitchen! Well done - I can only hope mine ends up 1/2 as good as yours.

Kiki

o

Wow..it is amazing! I logged on for some more inspiration for my upcoming update of my white kitchen and just fell in love with your kitchen! Love everything about it and I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" some ideas :) I would love the name of the tile and the grout color, if you wouldn't mind. It is exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you for all the information and for sharing (and inspiring!).

Sharon

o

I am in love! Enough said!

Congratulations!

alicia

o

Simply stunning. Wow.

o

I am head over heels in love. If you kitchen were a man, I would want to marry it.

o

Julie,

I'm blown away by this kitchen!! Everything is perfect, it could be a textbook case of good design. It feels kind of period but modern at the same time. Did you design it yourself? If so, you should be in the business! It's one of the nicest kitchens I've ever seen.

One feature about rooms that appeal to me, I've learned, is simplicity and continuity that's created by using just a few materials and colors throughout. You've done a great job with this.

Enjoy!!

o

I have to echo all the compliments above, your kitchen is just lovely!

I made my husband sit down and go through the photos with me last night and I pointed out all the details I loved and why we are doing some of the same things. It's always good to be able to show an engineer with a very logical mind, why pretty is just as important and practical! You managed to combine both and created a wonderful space! :)

Kat

o

Can I come and cook in it - pretty please???? I love your layout. So roomy and inviting. Enjoy!!

o

Okay, here's what it says on the tile box. It doesn't say dal tile...but I could swear that's what it was.

AT13
Cracked Ivory
3x6 field tile
Earthen Art Folio

As for the grout. The tile guy picked the closest match and I don't know what it was called. I'm not totally thrilled with the grout because it has a pink tint in certain light.

And while we're on the topic of cookbooks...I'm obscessed with cookbooks! Current favorites are Food to Live By and the King Arthur Flour baking books Just got the whole grain one and it's great. Made this recipe the other day (minus the espresso powder) and they were so yummy (though didn't look a thing like the picture--the dough was a bit crumbly and so I formed them into balls so they were more "short and fat"!) http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/RecipeDisplay?RID=1195482260876
This is the first time in my life that I've had properly funtioning appliances. It's so fun to cook now that things actually turn out as they should!

o
pull-out baskets

And I forgot to respond about the pull-out baskets. We got them through our cabinet maker (most cabinet places offer them), but if I were to do it again I'd probably order them online and save some money. You would just need to make sure that the size of your opening works with the sizes of pull-outs. They are very easy to install and there was no real advantage in getting them through the cabinet maker (other than I didn't have to figure anything out).

I've seen a couple of different makers online, so I'd just search for the one that has the size you need and look you like. I'm attaching a link to one type.

Here is a link that might be useful: pull-out kitchen baskets

o

Just wanted to say that I thought I was looking at a magazine! Everything looks so great. I think your kitchen just helped me decide to stop trying to work with the yellowy color of the po's new cabinets (we didn't have the heart - or budget - to rip them out) and paint them white. We already had put soapstone counters in which helped a little but we have been struggling with backsplash and wall colors. I hope you don't mind having the inspiration kitchen for me and, no doubt, many others!

o

You obviously have put a lot of thought into your kitchen; it's extremely pretty...has just the right color tones, shapes, dimensions in the right places. You must be really proud and happy! If my kitchen wasn't almost done, I'm sure I would have bookmarked yours!

o
inspiration kitchen

For elfmom: Here are some pics from my friend's kitchen. I LOVE this kitchen and it was one of my big inspirations. I fell in love with her soapstone, and the look of stained wood incorporated into a white kitchen. I stole her tile and a lot of other ideas. I love how warm it is and the glaze on the cabs add to that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

My gosh, that is a fabulous kitchen. I love it all. And I envious of all the decorating! The accessories are wonderful. I love maidenhair ferns. Where did you get the funky wooden birds? I need them in my house.

o

Your kitchen is spectacular! Congratulations, you did a beautiful job! I also live on the SF Peninsula and would be very interested in the name of your cabinet painter. I sent you an email and would greatly appreciate a referral if you get a chance.

o

One of the most beautiful, inspiring and livable-looking kitchen I've seen on this site. Lots of talented designers can make stuff look gorgeous and sumptuous--your kitchen looks like HOME (a chic, upscale home). Looove it!

o

wow--I'm speechless and in awe of how beautiful your kitchen is!

and I'm curious what's in that cabinet to the left of the wine bottles??

I will send you an email about your painter!

o

Oh, my, that is one amazing kitchen! I really love all the contrast between the cabinets, counters, hardware and lighting finishes. Who did your counters? I may be shopping for soapstone soon and I'm in the Bay Area as well.

o

Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous! Wow! Everything is clean, crisp and inviting at the same time.

Could you tell me how big your island is? I'd love to incorporate a multi-height island into my kitchen, and I think yours looks fantastic.

o

About the floors...they are site finished? Oak? They really are warm and set off your cabs so nicely!

o

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it. My cabinets were painted by the cabinet maker who made them. He sprayed two or three coats of paint, glazed, and then sprayed with some sort of shellac (I think?) finish to make it shiny. The problem is, I hate the glaze because it's dark on white and very uneven and just looks wrong. They didn't look so bad in his badly lit workshop but here in my sunny kitchen they look terrible. I think I've convinced him to take the doors back and repaint them. I will probably have him use a more creamy (ivory) paint than White Dove and skip the glaze. I don't have Acadia White on my BM fan deck, but it looks gorgeous in your kitchen. So crisp and clean.

Your friend's kitchen is also beautiful. I can't tell if it's just the island that is glazed or if there is a glaze on the white cabinets too. But I see what you mean with the painted cabinetry mixing beautifully with stained wood.

Enjoy your amazing kitchen!

o

Absolutely perfection! Gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!

o

Add my voice to the chorus of ooh's and aah's. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

o

Thanks for the review of the Crate and Barrel chairs. I've been considering them for a while. Was not sure about the comfort. They sure give a nice texture. Thanks, because I really wanted to hear from someone who has them.

o

Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and so is your friends! I like yours better though - I think yours has a warmer, cozier feel!!!

o

Oh, man. I just L * O * V * E your kitchen. What are the dimensions, please?

Chris

o

Immediately I have a flight of ideas-what to do first, if it was MY kitchen!

Sit at the table and gawk!
Sit at the bar and gawk!
Get cooking and gawk!

You have a fabulous, stunning, warm kitchen. Never has a floor caught my attention as much as yours. It has so much character; it's just beautiful. What kind of wood is it? How is it finished?

Enjoy!
Judy

o

Julie,

Your whole kitchen and family room is AWESOME. I now proclaim your kitchen is now my inspirational kitchen ;).

Everything is perfectly coordinated. I do have to say that while your friends kitchen (Your inspiration) is really nice, yours blows it away. You took the less is more approach. Its purely simple with just a white backdrop of cabinets and you added the brown color back in through the stools, knobs, art, baskets, wall paint, floor, pendants, window shade, etc. This in contrast to your friends kitchen with multiple cabinets colors.

There is nothing else I can say just wow, wow, wow.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1) What paint color did you use on the ceiling?
2) How tall are your ceilings in the kitchen (8')?
3) What is the height, depth & width of the cabinets above the vent hood?
4) I know you listed the model of the vent-a-hood, but how wide/deep is it? The rangetop appears to be the 36" so not sure if you stuck to that or went 42" wide. Also, how high is the botom of the hood over the Wolf rangetop?
5) I know the ducting runs up into the cabinet above but is there still some storage left in there? If so can you post a pic with the doors open above the hood?
6) I know your friends glazed cabinets were your inspiration so why did you not choose to glaze them? Was it just for the ability to touchup later or another reason?

-Todd

o

Your kitchen has got me thinking that maybe I should start an inspiration file for my dream home! (Now that we're about halfway renovating our present home).

Yup, I could see myself walking into that kitchen on my way back from the beach... :>)

o

Really beautiful...so elegant and warm too. I am glad you are enjoying all the baking. It is indeed great to have good appliances. I hope you will post pics of your Kitchen at Work...we love pics !! Caroline

o

Absolutley Stunning. What a wonderful job!!! My demo started today and just hope my kitchen comes out half as lovely. Do you like the mico faucet, just came from seeing it in person and it really looks great. How does it perform? Thanks Trisha

o
More answers

The floors are oak and were finished on site. It wasn't a specific color because he was mixing it to try to match our aged floors in the next room. It's an oil finish and the final coat is satin instead of the more common semi-gloss (another thing I got from the forum...when the floor is less shiney dirt doesn't stand out as much...and with two kids and a dog that's important!).

The island size is: 12 ft. long total including the bookcase.
The wide part is 8 ft. long
The narrow part is 3 ft long
The book case is 1 ft. deep
The width of the large part is 48 inches
The width of the narrow part is 24, with the bookcase extending out another ft.
All of these measurements do not include the 1 inch overhang of the soapstone.

Soapstone is from M Teixeira in San Francisco

Hood is 42 inches (over a 36 inch rangetop) which is what's recommended if you have a powerful range. The lowest part of the hood is 28.5 inches from the stove, with the actual vent being a little higher within.

The cabinet to the left of the wine bottles is VERY shallow. I just keep some candlesticks, candles, and other very narrow things in there. Even some of my candle holders are too wide for that one!

Ceiling in kitchen is 8 ft. ceiling paint in both rooms is the Benjamin Moore Natura in Acadia white (same as cabinets and all trim). The only thing we varied was that the trim is satin or semi-gloss (can't remember which), the ceiling is flat, cabs are satin (and Aura instead of Natura).

Not sure about those cabs over the stove. I'll try to measure later.

I'll try to post a few more pictures later. I'm still floored beyond belief over this response (in a good way):-).

o
Mico Faucet

Tearose 21: We like the Mico Faucet a lot. The only thing we're not fond of is the sprayer. It is hard to keep a hold of and gets very hot when you're using hot water (maybe they all do that?). If I could do it over I might get the Mico faucet with a sprayer from someone else (since we went polished chrome it's easy to match).

o

Thanks so much! That really helps me. Congrats again on a fabulous kitchen, enjoy.

o

Julie, thanks for the link to the Rev a Shelf baskets. Like you, I am obsessed with cookbooks and may have to make a tough decision between baskets for root veggies and cookbooks...

Enjoy the compliments on this fabulous kitchen - one of GW's best!

Eliz

o

Julie,

Does M Teixeira do the soapstone fabrication? They are in my state of NJ as well.

On you sink I see you have a hot/cold from Newport Brass. Is that an instant cold or just filtered?

o

Thank you for answering...it really is stunning!

o

Julie

STunning kitchen - Your friends is nice but you my friend are head and shoulders above your friends!

- It is a big kitchen but not a loss of itimacy/need roller skates kitchen - It is welcoming - Love your wall color I think that really makes things come together as well as your final thoughtful decorating touches (You've got the knack)

- Nicely appointed, I'd like to come over and cook a meal it just all seems to make sense OR come over & have some wine while you whip up your favorite

Thanks for sharing & enjoy

o
More photos

Here are the photos as promised:

For Todd, here's the cab above the stove:
Photobucket

Family Room (This room is still not finished. We have a media cabinet coming for the big wall and that long table will go behind the sofa. The coffee table and chair belong in another room, so eventually I need to get at least a coffee table. Suggestions? Round? Square? Dark wood? I'm at a loss. All I know is I want it to be a good place for playing games and doing puzzles with the kids.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Dining Room (I still need to find sconces. Any ideas? I've been looking and looking and just can't figure out what style to go with. I don't want to spend a lot of money either. I also am in search of a piece of art for that wall between the sconces).

Photobucket

desk area
Photobucket

Stove area
Photobucket

sink
Photobucket

o
Answers to a few more questions

Here are answers (mostly to questions emailed to me) that I thought I'd post in case they're helpful to anyone:

1. Yes, Teixiera sells the stone and does the fabrication. You can have someone else do it, but I think it's good to go with them because they are so experienced with it.

2. Birds: Little one with curly tail on bookshelf from Pier 1 (on sale, so likely not there anymore). Big one in desk area is from Pottery Barn recently.

3. Pottery: Almost all of the pottery, including white cups in glass cabinet are made by my fabulously talented brother. Visit his web site! http://www.davidpier.com You can also find a link to his hilarious contraption, the "Hound Round" which is sort of like a giant hampster wheel for dogs!

4. (long one!) For soapstone there's a lot that
determines the price. For example, we originally were going to get Cobra and
that comes in smaller slabs and you only pay for the square footage you use.
When we switched to Julia it added up to more even though the square ft.
price was less, because with Julia you pay for the whole slab regardless of
whether you use it all (which we didn't). We needed two slabs. Also, with
the Cobra we would have had some seams in the large part of the island (this
is why we switched varieties). When we switched to Julia there was an extra
$600 charge for having the large part of the
island in one piece because it's harder to fabricate and requires more
people for the installation because it's so heavy. Hope that all makes
sense!

A couple of important things I learned about shopping for soapstone: 1. Make
sure you go with one of the harder varieties. Some of the samples I got
could be easily chipped just by hitting them with a spoon. Ours is one of
the harder varieties. So far (knock on wood) we have a few little scratches,
which I'll eventually sand out, but no chips. One of my friends went with a
softer variety and it's chipping all around her sink. 2. Make sure you get a
sample and test it for hardness and watermarks. I don't know why, but some
varieties have horrible problems with watermarks. I have one friend who says
she just runs a sponge over it and it leaves a watermark until she oils it
again. I have another friend who has no problem with watermarks at all. We
get some, but mostly just around the sink where the oil wears away quicker.
I just keep a rag with some oil under the sink and run it over that area
every few days and it's fine. Also make sure to test your sample with oil,
because it looks much different!

One last thing. If you're going with Teixiera (which definitely has the best
selection in this area), start looking as early as possible. Sometimes they
have a lot to choose from and other times it's fairly sparse. We were lucky
they got the Julia in about a month before we put the counters in. I think I
would have hated seams in that part of the island. If you know you want
soapstone, you can put a deposit down and reserve some particular slabs, and
if they get a kind in later that you like better they will let you change.
It didn't cost us anything to make the change.

5. Here is info. for our painter:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/branko-kruslin-redwood-city He's
extremely meticulous and a sweet guy. Our puppy had emergency surgery while
he was painting our cabs and he was so sweet with her and would watch over
her for me when I had to go out. My husband calls him Picasso :). Tell him I
sent you!

Did I miss anything???

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery by David Pier (and the Hound Round)

o

Well, I think we now see why your gorgeous kitchen is quickly becoming a GW favorite, (I know it is one of my favorite kitchens of all time on this site). Between the combined talent of your artistic brother and your amazing photographs of children, your eye for detail and design is inborn. I only wish my children were little and could have the memories of those young years preserved by a talented photographer like you. Your photos truly capture the child and you have captured what makes a house a home in your beautiful kitchen, dining room and family room. Thank you for being so willing to share the details with all of us.

o

pluckymama-- okay, now I'm really blushing. You are too kind. Thank you!

o

The more pictures I see, the more I love your kitchen (and I loved it a lot when I first saw it)!

Thanks for taking the time to answer about the size of your island. It's really helpful.

o

Julie,

Back to a previous question. I see that the newport Brass is a Hot & cold. Is it Chilled water or just filtered cold water. If you have a chiller, whose model is it and do you have an under the sink cabinet pic?

I love the soapstone color. I am still in the process of laying out my kitchen so not even close to to the point of looking for countertops yet :).

Thanks again.

o

Really beautiful and inviting. Your attention to detail shows.

I have a technical question:
are you happy with the wall at the end of your kitchen- next to the door?

I have a similar layout and am thinking of not "building" a wall.

thanks

o

I've come back and admired your kitchen pictures a half dozen times now. I absolutely love everything you've done. And I LOVE your paint color. I was just looking at my kitchen with a new critical eye, trying to imagine your color on my walls. I think it would look amazing, but I'm not sure I have it in me to repaint right now...or maybe I do... :)

But what truly compelled me to post a comment was your brother's houndround. I watched every one of the videos and howled with laughter (excuse the pun). I want a houndround for my dog!!!

o

sweetpea87: Do you mean the little wall near the glass door? If so, we had to have that for support. There's a strong wall in there that's holding up our second story! It doesn't bother me at all, and in fact I kind of like that it provides a visual separation between rooms (along with the ceiling height).

todds: The cold water is not chilled. It's instant hot and both are filtered. In hindsight, I might have opted for just the instant hot, because we have the water on the fridge. But it's nice when you want to fill up a bit quick (like when filling lots of glass, a pitcher, or for cooking). The filter is is from Sears. Consumer's Report rated it very highly and it was only 50 bucks, so another place to save a little!

arlosmom: Yes, isn't it hilarioius?! My brother is a nut!

o

Can you tell me where your dining room table and chairs are from? Does it have planks on the tabletop? Thanks :)

o

Julie,

Thanks for your response.

Needing support certainly is a necessary thing for sure....and I agree it does give visual separation.

My KD was going to build a wall simply to separate the rooms. Personally, it was nice to see yours because I think it looks terrific, and I now have a clear picture rather than the usual pretend picture in my head. (along with a drawing) :)

I really do think you did an outstanding job, and I only wish I could come for coffee.

thanks again.

o
Table

twogirlsbigtrouble: Love that name! Anyhow, the tables are from Harvest Home in Menlo Park. They have several locations in the SF Bay Area. I think you can order from anywhere. Our table is made from reclaimed wood. It's very rustic and I love it! You can have them made in any size. Ours is 40 witdth and 70 length, and can extend to 108. Ours is the medium wax finish. The long table we currently have against the wall in our family room was made by them as well. That one is in the dark wax finish. I love this store. The guy who owns it and the people who work there are super nice. If you decide to get something there I'd wait for a sale. They've been having a lot of sales and they are generally 10% off custom orders and 20-30% anything in the store.

One of the beautiful things about these tables is you don't have to worry about them getting scratched or nicked because it just adds to the charm and blends right in. And if you get any big dings, you can just wax them out (you just buy an extra can of the wax they use).

The side chairs are from Crate and Barrel (info in a post above) and the end chairs are from Pottery Barn. I was trying to do a "planned mismatch" and am pretty happy with how it turned out. We didn't like the chairs they have at Harvest...very uncomfortable and I didn't love the style.

Here's a link to the store:
http://www.harvesthomestores.com/

And I think (though not completely sure) that this is the table we got, but with the breadboard ends:
http://www.harvesthomestores.com/catalog/?category_id=4&item_id=174

o

Thank you SO much for that info! This is exactly the type of table I want for all of the reasons you stated. Its rustic, its forgiving and to me its a timeless look. Ive thought about antiquing, but that could be a long process. I live in Ohio, so I'll have to check with them and see if they could ship to me. Thanks!

o

Beautiful kitchen! Love the soapstone!
I keep wishing I could zoom in on the cookbook titles; you have one of my favorites, the King Arthur Whole Grain Baking. Do you work with wool (the "Welcome Woolies" on your chalkboard has me curious)?
Is your cute puppy a goldendoodle?

o

Good call! Yes, she is a goldendoodle (a mini). She's taken to digging in that rug and the yarn is coming out in big clumps! Argh!

The "Welcome Woolies" was to welcome our friends who were coming for a visit. That's our nickname for them.

I too, love the King Arthur Whole Grain book. Have you tried the lemon oat squares? Yum!

o

If (when?) we ever finish remodeling, I will probably have to let my kids get a dog; for now, we dogsit my sister's goldendoodle when they are out of town. Nice family dogs!
Lemon oat squares sound YUMMY! My kids make the Nutty for Oats cookies fairly often.

BTW, thanks for posting all the tips on choosing soapstone. I need to find a supplier in my area. Dh is still considering doing it himself, but we need to compare prices both ways. Time vs. money...never quite enough of either...

o
Farmhouse Tables

twogirlsbigtrouble: Here are two other places I considered for farmhouse tables if Harvest doesn't ship (or it's cost prohibitive).

http://www.cottagehomemaine.com/tables_chairs.html

http://www.thewoodenduck.com/v2/home.html

o

I have a question about your trim around all of your windows and doors. Could you tell me what they used to create the window trim around your sink window? How many pieces were used to build it up?

What width is it on the sides, top and bottom and what kind of piece is on the very top (just a eased edge or slight bullnose)? I have shown my carpenter pictures and he just isn't getting it, or maybe I'm just not explaining it correctly. He keeps saying that he thinks I will want a piece with a profile (like a mini crown molding) at the very top, but I just want something very simple!! I love yours, and I'm using the same cove molding for my crown! :)
Thanks so much for your help!

Kat

o

I'm in love with your kitchen- soooo beautiful!! CONGRATS

o

Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen. Your house looks great. If I may ask, where did you get that lovely chair in the family room?

o

Wow! I must admit that I hadn't looked at this post earlier because normally I'm just not much of a "creamy white w/ soapstone" type of person, but you have convinced me otherwise. Your kitchen is spectacular! Congratulations and enjoy your home!

o

I love your kitchen! Will you be posting it on the finished kitchen blog?

o

Simply gorgeous. It almost made me want soapstone but I ended up going with Sapphire Blue granite.

I have a suggestion for the space between where the sconces will be: have a painting made! I had a custom made painting for above my sofa in my Co-op. I picked a painter I loved, Tony LaSalle, gave him the dimensions I wanted, colors I loved and didn't love. Told him I basically wanted a field of poppies since I have a red sofa and now have an original piece of art. Cost me a little under $900.

o

JBrodie, I have to say that your kitchen has become my inspiration. I have it marked in my favourites and everytime I meet with my KD or architect, I show them your kitchen and say "THIS is the look I am going for". It is, without a doubt, the most stunning room I have ever seen. You have some serious talent. I am sourcing out your pendants and your island chairs right now:)

Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

o

JBrodie, Your gorgeous kitchen is one of the most stunning that I have seen. Thank you for providing so many useful details about it. I don't think anyone has asked this question yet: who makes your beautiful sectional and where did you buy it?

o

bump

o

Julie,
How do you like your Newport Brass hot/cold water faucet? Are you glad you went w/both hot and cold vs. just hot?

o

This thread got "lost" when GW had a breakdown a couple of weeks ago. Hoping that by replying I can bump it back into circulation - it's such a great kitchen!

o

Newport Brass--I love the instant hot! The handle for the hot is very tight and you have to work a little to turn it. I think it's a safety feature so children won't get burned. We still haven't gotten a filter, so we haven't used the cold yet, but I think it will be nice to have. I'm glad you reminded me I need to get that!

Sofa--From Eclectic Essentials. It's the kind of place that doesn't have a store front. The sofa was custom and cost less (though shipping was more) than the one we were considering at Crate and Barrel, and I think it's better quality. We love it! We also have a custom media cabinet/bookcases coming from them. We've had some trouble with that piece, but hopefully it will be resolved soon. http://www.eclecticessentials.com/ Leslie was my contact and she's great. Let her know that I sent you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eclectic Essentials

o

I love your kitchen. I'm trying to pick out creamy subway tile and I'm having a tough time. My cabinets are painted Lancaster Whitewash by BM. They have sort of greenish undertones. Most of the cream subways have pinkish undertones. How much were the Daltile crackle subway tiles? Do you still have an extra box? They look like a nice neutral color.

o

jbrodie, I've printed out a picture of your kitchen and handed it to my contractor and said, "This is THE look I'm going for." I absolutely love it. It's officially my inspiration kitchen :) I know it's been a while since you first posted, but could you let me know the size of your pulls on your wider drawers?

I'm looking at Restoration hardware and they have a 3", 4", 6", 8", 10" and 12". It looks like your wider drawers might have the 6" or 8"? It's hard to tell in pictures, but they look like the perfect size!

I also wanted to gush enthusiastically about your design! Your kitchen is by far the one that I've seen that I love the most. I have this thread open in a tab in my browser almost constantly while sourcing out items. I LOVE it. You should be very proud! I hope you're still loving using it as much as I love looking at it!!!

o

Beautiful kitchen. I'd also like to know the sizes (and name) of your bin pulls. :)

o

I, too, LOVE/ADORE this kitchen!!!!

I've had it up in my tabs since it was posted!!

I would love to know the size of the pulls as well!!!!!

You've done an awesome job!!!

o

I love your kitchen with the various shades of brown and creamy white with all the different textures and so much light. The hardware is fabulous and that stain on your floors is perfect with your other choices. Thanks for sharing.

o

Gosh, how'd I miss this?! Thanks to Elizpiz for resurrecting the thread. Absolutely stunning! One of the best, if not THE best that I've seen.
BTW, I think you even out-did your "inspiration kitchen"!

o

Eliz,
Thanks for reposting this! I had all of jbrodie's pictures saved but for some reason never saved them as her username! So, I didn't know whose they were! I love coming back to these pictures!

Jbrodie,
Any chance you could post the model and size of your restoration hardware pulls and knobs? I would love to see exactly which ones you have! :-) TIA!!!!

o

I just love your kitchen and the layout. Do you happen to have a drawing of the layout of your kitchen and surrounding areas handy that you wouldn't mind sharing? I think your house is bigger than ours and we have slightly different needs, but I'd love to try to mock up something similar for us.

Thanks,
Chris

o

I somehow missed this the first time around. :^(

BUT, now I see how absolutely spectacular it is! Really, really beautiful. I bet you just grin ear-to-ear everytime you even just pass by it! Congrats and enjoy!

Great pictures, too!

o

It's just loverly.

o

I love love love your kitchen. Perfectly perfect.

Where did you buy that simply gorgeous chandelier?

o

wow - I guess i missed this also. will have to go to the top and go thru each post... and save some pics to my idea folders for sure!

o
RE: pottery and hound round

well - wow again! loooove the coffee cup! and the hound round (which I'm sure I can't afford but have a friend who could...and would for his dogs. they have their own a/c'd 'house' with raised bed and picture window). Would love it for my 'kids' tho. The dogs playing was such fun to watch - am passing link on to a few dog loving friends. Those dogs sure are active little critters.

will have to go back to the site and check out more pottery. and yes, I see there's a background going on in the pulling together of your beautiful kitchen!

o

Beautiful and classic!
Definitely a kitchen many will want to emulate.

May I archive it in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
If so please submit the FKB Category Checklist.
Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchens Category Checklist

o

Simply gorgeous!

o

As everyone has already said, your kitchen is amazing!!! It's my inspiration kitchen as well! I plan on doing something similiar. I wish I could do inset doors like you have. I LOVE that look in your kitchen. It flows and it's warm and I too want to come for coffee. Your dog is adorable? Okay I hope? Is it a goldendoodle? Okay - I don't think I'm supposed to ask that in the kitchen forum. My question is about the refrigerater. Does the icemaker work? I can't wrap my head around how the ice goes up... but I am looking at one w/ the same configuration w/ out the ice maker. I really want the icemaker. We have all new GE profile appliances we are re using except the refrig. (they came w/ house) We just moved into this house and I get to redo the kitchen. (much needed!) So I've been wanting a white kitchen w/ blackish counters and your kitchen serves as the perfect place to search ideas. I do love your taste! I only hope I can use it to bring out the best in my taste. I'm so nervous. Also since you had yours painted will you get the hairline cracks? Probably not very noticeable w/ inset cabinets, like it I would have full overlay. But I shouldn't let that stop me right?

o

I had to look again at your amazing beautiful kitchen.

Can you give me some information on your recessed lighting since I am sure now that I am removing that outdated fluorescent light on my kitchen ceiling. I spoke with the electrician today that fixed the breaker switch going into my building and he told me to call him after my busy season ends. What size cans did you use and please give me information on the bulb used.

BM Aura Acadia paint on your cabinets you mention but what gloss level? I am still not sure if I am going to just paint my cabinets white or get new doors on them and go with Cherry. I love both looks but I prefer white doors to have the beautiful crown molding and be the style of your gorgeous cabinets.

By the way I love your chalkboard door!

o

jbrodie - if you're still around... would you mind sharing the dimensions of the bookshelf next to the oven? Is that 12" deep? Thanks!!

o

hi -

i also live in the SF Bay area and am desperate for a good general contractor. do you recommend yours and if so, can you provide me his/her name and contact info? i have contacted 6 so far with no luck!

o

Oh my, I think it's been about a year since I've been on here! Just happened by while looking for a solution to some spots of soapstone cloudiness.

For person looking for a contractor: Where are you located? We LOVED our contractor, but he only works in Redwood City and other cities very close by...like San Carlos, Menlo Park, etc. If you are close by I can give you his contact info.

And for the gal with the question about the bookshelf, yes it is 12 inches deep.

Glad to see this forum is still going strong!

o

Reply re: contractor - I am in the east bay. Would love to at least give it a try with him to see if he might consider it....am desperate for a good contractor!

o
RE: 99% Finished Kitchen--creamy white w/soapstone PS to JBrodie

also looking for good cabinetmaker. let me know how you now feel about yours.

o

So stunning!! I just love it!! It is classic, but sophisticated. A really wonderful job!! The soapstone is beautiful, the paint color is wonderful!! I love the stools - am I gushing??? Really great job!! I am thrilled for you!!
xx-Willow

o

Wow. Just wow. So beautiful and homey and cozy and elegant and classic and I could go on and on!! Nice job!

o

I found your beautiful kitchen while I was researching kitchens with soapstone. Have you had any issues with the grout between your soapstone and tile staining or looking dirty. My installer wants us to put a soapstone backsplash in next to the counter and we like the look of white tile backsplash only.
Also, my husband isn't partial to green but loves the look of your kitchen. He wants a contrasting look- kind of black and white. Does your stone appear green in your normal kitchen light? We have looked at Julia and thought it gorgeous, but maybe too green?
We haven't settled 100% on our stone yet.
Thanks for sharing so much information. You have the perfect kitchen!

o

Your kitchen is gorgeous!! I think it might be my favorite kitchen yet. Congrats!

o

jbrodie- Why did you decide against a prep sink on your island?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here