Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Rescue me from electrical overload!

I've been reading over at the lighting forum, but feel overwhelmed by the technical jargon. I can (and have) put in new outlets, switches and fixtures, but that is the extent of my electrical knowledge!

I get the recommendations for 35lumens per sq. ft. and understand about CRI and color temperature.

I am leaning toward recessed LEDs in the ceiling. But I stopped by a lighting store where using 2 semi-flush fixtures was the suggestion made by their lighting designer.

So I have that confusion, and if I stay with LEDs, where and what size? or maybe LEDs combined with one semi-flush? The ceiling isn't that big after the cabinets are in! ( I do think that I want a pendant over the sink) What do you all think? What would be most appealing visually as well as practical?

The other question that I have is about plug mold under the cabinets. When I google for plug mold, all I come up with are the sort of thing you use as an extension from a regular outlet. Where do I find the sort to go under 24" or 30" cabinets and be wired into the wall?

Thanks for all your help. All these details are freaking me out, and I need to get a firm grip on what I want before I talk to the electrician. And, since I am trying to keep a tight grip on the expenses, wondering do I try to source all these things myself or will the electrician be able to provide the best values?

Comments (3)