Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Mixing appliance colors

crl_
10 years ago

I am sure this has been covered here many times, but I can't figure out useful search terms to find it. So my apologies if this is just ridiculously repetitious.

What do you think of mixing appliance finishes? Specifically a stainless range, stainless dishwasher and white refrigerator in a small kitchen with white cabinets. The refrigerator would likely be on a different wall from the other appliances, though it might be on the same wall as the (countertop) microwave, which would likely be stainless, but which could be replaced with a white one if it made a big difference visually.

A little background: we bought all new appliances a little over a year ago when we moved in as there were no functioning appliances in the house. I really wanted an induction range and at our price point they only come in stainless. So we went with stainless for all the appliances, even though it is not my favorite finish. We are currently in the early stages of planning a gut job as the kitchen is over eighty years old and has some serious functional shortcomings. It is a small kitchen and will need a small counter depth refrigerator to maximize the layout. The most affordable option and the one with the best reviews (and the one I have previously owned) is the ten cubic foot LG. But it does not come in stainless. Sigh.

Here is a link that might be useful: AJ Madison page for LG 10 cubic foot refrigerator

Comments (2)