Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xc60

Finished Dark Espresso Maple with White Delicatus

xc60
12 years ago

We have been in our new home almost a year but due to some changes I made in the kitchen, and some mess ups it took a while to finally be done, yay!!! This forum helped me immensely, so thanks to everyone here at Gardenweb!!!

Here are the details:

Superior Cabinets Maple in Licorice

White Delicatus (White Alaska) granite

Backslpash is split-faced travertine in Picasso

Kentwood Antiqued Maple floors in Pioneer

Blanco Sigranite Precis in Anthracite

Miele Coffee System CVA 4066

Miele Built-in Microwave M8260-1

Kitchenaid 36" French Door Refrigerator Architect Series II KFIS27CXMS

Kitchenaid Dual Fuel Range Architect Series II YKDSS907

Kitchenaid Compactor Architect Series II KUCS30FTSS

Kitchenaid Diswasher Superba Series EQ KUDE70FXSS

Comments (17)

• cakelly1226
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Love your backsplash.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Oh, you must be so pleased! What a lovely kitchen.
    Renee

• xc60
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you both so much, I am very pleased now. The only thing I might still change one day is maybe replacing the pendants over the island with mini chandeliers if I can ever find the perfect ones in a reasonable price range.

• taggie
    12 years ago

Oh this is so elegant, smooth and classy. What a nice space it must be to work in and also to relax in. You did a fantastic job!!

I love your cabinets, the granite, and of course your beautiful floors.

And the Miele coffee maker is the bomb. We recently got one too and I can't say enough about how great it's made our day-to-day use of the kitchen. We drink a lot of coffee and having it always available, no muss no fuss, is one of my favorite things. How are you liking it?

Anyway, congrats and best wishes for many years of happiness in your beautiful new space.

• cardamon
    12 years ago

It is beautiful. Looks so sleek and "prettily" modern. It just looks like it coudn't get messed up while your cooking. Best wishes in your new space.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

It looks beautiful!

• poohpup
    12 years ago

Just beautiful. So warm and inviting. Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

• Linda
    12 years ago

Very pretty! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your granite. Everything just goes together so well, and enhances everything else! Enjoy!

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

Very lovely! I really like how well integrated to the open space this beauty is...and the granite is perfect! I do like the pendants you have, simple and elegant, but see what you mean by wanting to add a bit more bling!!! Enjoy!!!

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

Looks prettier and more serene than many magazine pictures!

I love your home.

• xc60
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awww, your wonderful comments have made my day. :)

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I LOVE the combo of Delicatus White and dark cabinets! It is definitely a grown-up kitchen!

You must be walking on air!

• Linda
    12 years ago

Exquisite! Of course, Delicatus is my favorite granite, and it goes so well with your gorgeous cabinets! Love the stacked cabinet look and with the dramatic large pulls. How high are your ceilings? Beautiful!

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

Very nice job. Nice open space and the backsplash is gorgeous. How high are your cabinets? Love the stacked cabinets. Congratulations!

• NewSouthernBelle
    12 years ago

It's beautiful. Nicely done. I want to see more pictures.
    What is the paint color just outside the kitchen in the first photo?

• sanjuangirl
    12 years ago

Beautiful! LOVE the granite, backsplash, floor, cabinets! Love it all. Enjoy your gorgeous kitchen! Delicatus is one of my favorites. The chandeliers would be amazing in your space. Maybe as a birthday/anniversary/Christmas present?!

• xc60
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Once again I so appreciate the compliments on our kitchen from all of you. This kitchen forum is where I learned of our granite, about stacked cabinets.... So I am very grateful. :)

We really love the Miele coffee system. We were not huge coffee drinkers but now enjoy a cup or two quite often, it's so simple to use. It's nice to also have quick access hot water for teas, hot chocolate....

Our ceilings are 9' 1 in the kitchen area and 11' 1 in the great room. I really love how the stacked cabinets turned out. Haven't figured what decorations to put in the glass cabinets at the top yet. The cabinets up there are dark but do have lights inside to display stuff. The paint color is if I remember correctly is called Wrightstone by ICI Paints.

Any suggestions for lighting to add more bling above the island would be wonderful as well as what to put in the upper glass cabinets. Thanks again.