Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cakelly1226

Hardware question?

cakelly1226
12 years ago

Time for a vote since I can't decide. Going with a simple European pull from Gliderite for the whole kitchen since I like the streamlined look. Now I plan on getting the 5 inch size for the top cabs but struggling with the bottom size. Do I get longer pulls for the long wide cabinets( they come in every size from 2 in to 22) or do I keep with the same size throughout for the bottom cabs like a 7 or 8 inch. Opinions please!

Comments (3)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

CKGM - I am going with a 5 inch across the board. For the big drawer - I plan to use 2 of them
    I think Bee likes to adjust the size but decided to go with consistency.
    I will have to look at Gliderite
    I am currently considering Baldwin Brass (best priced of solid brass), Copper Mountain - ok, maybe this is where the idea of copper originated), and a few others.

• badgergal
    12 years ago

I like the look of longer pulls on wide drawers. For my kitchen, I actually used 4 different sized pulls for my drawers. I tried to keep approximately the same amount of space on each side of the pull for all drawers. My uppers have 10 inch pulls. The drawers have 7, 10, 13, and 19 inch pulls.
    The picture below shows the 10, 13, and 19 inch ones.

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@a2gemini- check them out! Gliderite.com- super cheap and of course got a sample- solid as a rock. 42 cabinets for around $100- great deal.
    Thanks badgergal- I wanted to do different sizes but I am not a design person. Wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing:)