Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite from menards

Posted by bec1977 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 18:42

Hi, I am a long time lurker, 1st time poster. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with granite from Menards (this store is in our area. Kinda like Lowes.). A friend is considering a bathroom remodel using their granite for the countertop of the vanity. Is it good quality? Some of the samples looked almost fake tho I know they're not. Just not quite the same as what I have seen at some of the granite yards. Thanks for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite from menards

One of my best bargains in our remodeling project was a Menards granite vanity top. I searched granite yards for a remnant and it was pricey(over $600) for a 22" x 30" top with an under mount sink and back and side splashes. My Menards top was about $149.00 for the same. Open the boxes and check them out before you buy because some will have imperfections. We chose Golden Delight.

o

Welcome to GW
I miss Menards. We dont have them here in PA.
It's probably a good deal if you don't have to have an exotic slab.

o

Yes, my girlfriend is going to have an awesome bathroom reno for a very reasonable price. Thanks corgimum for the advice about opening the boxes to check everything out first. Now she 's second- guessing a lot of the choices she made yesterday! We might be going back *sigh*. Oh well I second- guess everything too.

o

The menards in my area sells it, but many people need it alter or installed, and none of the local fabricators will touch it because of lack of quality in the stone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here