Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mopsmd

has anyone ever changed a cabinet order after submitting it?

mopsmd
11 years ago

Late yesterday at COB I signed and sent back via e-mail the order for the kitchen cabinets, a 3 3/8" rail/stile Shaker inset (or really, Arts and Crafts). And now am having a panic attack because I found a picture online of a vanity with a narrow cabinet door of the exact style I ordered and realized it I am not going to like it for those narrow doors. In general I like the chunkiness of a wider rail/stile, but since we have several narrow doors I think it will be safer to go with 2 1/2" ones.

Obviously I should have thought of this before but there was no example of a narrow door to show me. Well, actually the KD did show me a narrow door that I thought looked fine but I don't think it was 3 3/8" rail/stiles. When I picked out the style I didn't realize I was going to have so many narrow doors.

Ugh. I feel so silly for pushing this through so quickly - but was getting pressure to make the decision. Between my own busy work schedule, the architect taking too long with original designs, and the lumberyard I ordered from closed on weekends, I got a late start on working with the KD. As it is we're going to have to move back in the house without the kitchen ready, with cabinets coming several weeks late.

I wonder how much of a penalty I will have to pay for making a change a day after submitting the order? This is Fieldstone -- does anyone know if they have a grace period of a day or two???

My KD is going to want nothing more to do with me once she gets my e-mail....

Comments (6)