Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
try_hard

Video of Delta Allora pulldown faucet in action (video, pics)

try_hard
16 years ago

My Delta Allora faucet and Delta Leland soap dispenser, both in brilliant stainless finish, were installed this morning. Here are two pictures and a video of me using the faucet. The house is under construction so everything is very dirty. The sink is the Blanco silgranite super-single in Anthracite. The granite is called "Golden Mountain".

View of the island from the living room, so you get an idea of the size of the faucet. It's pretty big!

This shows the black toggle on the faucet that allows you to switch between spray and stream.

Click the link for the video of me using the faucet for the first time. You will notice that a few drops spill out after I've turned off the water. This happened with the pull-out faucet at my last house, too. Always 3 or 4 drops then it stopped. I assumed it was just water that was in the spray head of the faucet at the time I turned it off. Does everyone else's do that?

try_hard

Here is a link that might be useful: Try_Hard's faucet demo

Comments (11)

• elaine427
    16 years ago

That is a great video! I was thinking that I can't wait to do that for the first time in my new kitchen.
    Best of luck!
    Elaine

• wisrose
    16 years ago

I am curious to the philosophy behind the cigarette pack front and center. (I am trying to quit) ssshhh

• natesgramma
    16 years ago

I think if I had seen this video earlier, I would have purchased the Allora instead of the Leland faucet. Having that toggle switch is the difference. Being able to change from spray to stream with one hand is brilliant, on mine I have to reach up and turn it with the other hand. Just one more little step but sometimes function counts. They are both nice looking though. Beautiful kitchen, congrats!!! By the way, there is another video on the Leland on this forum if someone wants to search.

• cotehele
    16 years ago

Thanks for the video. DH is afraid the spout will eventually dangle. Does the it lock into the neck or is it held by other means?

• jenna_j
    16 years ago

cotehele- I believe it's magnetic.

• hostalover67
    16 years ago

Thanks, Try Hard, for the video! I am planning to get the Allora in both sizes, for my main sink, and my bar sink. I assume the one in the video is the full size model.

Wow! It really looks big in your hand! I did see it once in real life and don't remember it being so big. Do you happen, perhaps, to have small hands? My own huge hands as a reference point may be what is making the faucet in the video see so big.

Thanks!

• kaye_
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing the video. I am adding the Delta Allora to my faucet possibilities. It's great being able to see the faucet in action! I wish I could do this with every faucet that I'm interested in....

• caligirl_cottage
    16 years ago

LOL, this is like a good example of "when you know you're kitchen obsessed".... you watch videos of people using a kitchen faucet! Thanks though, that was awesome!

• rosieq
    16 years ago

Great video. I am going online to try to find it. I, too want to get one for the main sink and the bar sink. Thank you so much for the information.

• neesie
    16 years ago

That's so nice of you to take the video! It's so hard to make these decisions just by looking at the item. Most of the time, at the Big Box stores they are displayed so high up you can't even touch them, let alone work the nozles and switches. In a perfect world maybe they'd actually be hooked up to plumbing!

As for the cigarettes (OP mentioned) I just thought I'd mention without being preachy that I found a product that helped me quit smoking in 12 days. It is a prescripton pill called CHANTIX. I had absolutely no cravings or feelings of deprivement. It curbed my "appetite" for smoking the first few days and suddenly on day 12 I was getting ready for bed and realized I didn't smoke all day. I took the prescription for a total of 5 weeks and decided I could go on my own from there. I've only had one cigarette since and it wasn't pleasant. Just thought I'd put that in there so if anyone is offended, please disregard. I just hope I can spark your interest if you do smoke because I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is to have that monkey off my back! I do think it would be nice to have a cigarette, maybe once a week and then I tell myself I don't do that anymore and the feeling passes quickly! By the way it is going on 4 months now.

• jb1176
    16 years ago

Try-hard,
    The video is great! Did you get your Blanco Silgranit super single from a kitchen store or a big box store? I was wondering because the Blanco site shows the super single with a center drain and I reallly prefer the side drain that you have.

Thanks,
    jb