Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass shower half-door

Posted by aliris19 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 18:38

Hi all! I'm sort of an old-bie... sort of. Not like some on here but I haunted this realm constantly a couple years ago while sweating through my kitchen ... which is done, I guess, kinda sorta, though I never figured when. I owe you a FK submission.

I'm wondering whether anyone has a bath opinion about half shower doors made of glass, "european" shower doors? If you have experience or an opinion yeah or nay, would you please consider weighing in over here, on the bath forum?

Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass shower half-door

I remember you, and would really love to see your reveal. :)

I've really considered them and have seen them on HGTV. I might look into them a bit more and have even seen them on showers. Perhaps location of shower head, pressure ....miight come into play with how much water comes out onto floor as some suggest.

o

xc60 ~ :)

I'm thinking I might have to stand in that enclosureless shower and see what happens to the water. Yccch. Not looking forward to that much! But I think the exercise will be, ahem, revealing.

o

Thinking about it, I'm sure you could use a shower curtain pulled out as far as the glass would be on a temporary pressure shower rod and see how it works and how far the spray goes..... Keep me updated and towels ready. :)

o

I can tell you this... when we remodeled our shower, it was usable while we waited for the glass to be installed. It is up against 2 full tile walls, the back wall is tiled and about shoulder height. (The glass would be the door and another 2 ft on top of the shoulder height wall.)

It was doable - being very careful not to splash too much water out... that being said, I HATED IT! It was so cold!
Even standing in hot, hot water, without something to contain the heat, the "breeze" coming in was not conducive to a happy shower. It was the end of May in MD - so not even a cold time of year.

I think if you end up with having an "open" shower, at least make sure you have some sort of heat light over top!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here