Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Waterstone 5600 PLP faucet

Holly- Kay
11 years ago

We are doing a total kitchen renovation, The cabinets are being made, the appliances ordered, the granite chosen. Two weeks ago we went to the plumbing showroom to look at faucets. My eyes went right to the Waterstone 5600 model. I fell in love with it and this showroom had many models that were working models including the Waterstone. I love the head of it and it's operation but was totally taken back at it's price. I was figuring about one third of the cost. I loved it so much that I am willing to totally overspend on this but I am wondering if anyone else has had this faucet installed and if it consistently performs like I expect a faucet this pricey to perform? Please comment if you have had experience with this manufacturer.

Comments (98)

• Mgoblue85
    11 years ago

I can't watch any more...they're making me nervous!!!

Holly-kay - you're right...the faucet is a work of art! I'm a bit a of traditionalist, but not too over the top and it strikes the perfect balance!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Mgoblue, which Waterstone are you planning on? I think they're all gorgeous. I thought the Towson was ugly until I saw one in person. Pictures don't do them justice.

• that_one_guy
    11 years ago

Antique bronze is living the brass is lacquered or clear coated I think

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Antique Brass is not a living finish - my DH makes a mess of things, so decided to go with something a bit safer...
    I think that one is correct.
    Also - if you haven't decided to put the handle in the front - it is great - now my DH only makes a mess at soap land.

Yes, love at first sight and feel. I would ogle it frequently before the install.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love them all too poohpup! It is amazing how beautiful the different finishes look in the right kitchen. I didn't care for the brass because what I was looking at was a very small sample but when I saw it in A2's kitchen it looks wonderful!

I too, am anxious to hear which faucet Mgo is planing on using and in which finish. Have you decide yet Mgo?

As soon as I get the samples I will decide and get this faucet ordered. I want to be able to look at it and touch it before it is installed. I just love the classic look of it with the amazing touch of flair that the small head adds to it. The faucets with the big, bulky heads that I was looking at pale in comparison to this beautiful, sleek, timeless looking faucet.

• Mgoblue85
    11 years ago

I'm planning on the 5600, complete with soap dispenser and air switch (I didn't even know what that was til reading the forum - air switch, not soap dispenser!), but not sure what color yet. The display in the store was black nickel which I liked a lot, but...since I haven't picked cabinets or counter yet, I probably should wait until that's done. With 31 finishes, I should be able to find one that works.

Thank God for the GW - my family is tired of all my reno talk, and I haven't even started yet, ha!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Mgoblue- too funny and yes, my DH is glad I found someone to talk about kitchens and faucets.

Yup- was watching the game- I thought the wolves were going to blow it at the end with their foul shooting. Mgb - do you still live in A2- are your plans finalized?

Have a double dose of bball tonight as I am am a Uconn grad. Missed seeing the women's game as we had tickets to the Banff film festival, so DH recorded it.

Wait- this is about faucets - thought my new faucet head had a problem as I was not getting hot water the other night - turns out the vent pipe separated from the hot water heater so nothing to do with the faucet- yeah!
    But everything to do with incompetent installers- fortunately, the safety systems kicked in- the water heater said - something is wrong, shut off making water and the gas and displayed an error code that helped us figure out the problem.

Rag, Rah Waterstone!
    Go wolverines!
    Go huskies!

• Mgoblue85
    11 years ago

Alas, no longer in A2, but I am in MI still - too close to my family. They won't let me leave as I have the Koolaid house (I cook) - haha.

Since this is a faucet thread - I must say after thinking about it over the weekend, I'm still sold! I wish my cabinet selection were as simple...

Go Blue tonight!!!
    Go Waterstone forever!!!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Mgoblue, you won't regret the Waterstone. I love mine every single time I use it. Every time I look at it. My faucets and sinks are the best decisions I made in my kitchen.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am so glad that all of the GW members that have the faucet love it. I am anxiously waiting for the samples. I want the soap dispenser too but I think the air switch is for food disposals (am I correct about that)? Anyway I want the soap dispenser as well but don't want to pay for the air switch if i won't be able to use it.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Holly-kay - that is my understanding so go for the soap and faucet and skip the air switch. Can't wait for your final finish choice :-)

Go Wolverines!!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Holly, the air switch is for garage disposals. It allows you to operate the garbage disposal without need for a switch on the wall. You can have a soap dispenser and an air switch. Waterstone sells suites that include the faucet, airs witch and soap dispenser bundled together.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks A2 and Poohpup. I am going to price the 3 piece suite and then just the faucet and soap dispenser. it is possible that the 3pc is less expensive bundled together, than the two pieces would be separately. We have a septic system so I don't use a garbage disposal.

• Mgoblue85
    11 years ago

Holly - good luck with the samples. Let us know which finish gets top billing. This was a great validation post.

• that_one_guy
    11 years ago

Even if you don'g want the air switch you can get the 2 pc suite which is the faucet and S&L and save money

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Any decisions on the finish of the faucet? I haven't seen any chatter on the finishes yet. Holly - were you able to see the Colonial finishes and hardware?

Michigan contingent - we still have to be proud of the Wolves - they did great!

BTW - UConn women(I have 2 degrees from UConn) solidified their 8th Golden Ring by winning the Women's championship. (They were terrible when I was there!)

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A2 I just posted about the samples. I love the suggestion of mounting the handle in front and I think that is the way I will have it installed!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Finally a decision on the Waterstone finish. I narrowed it down to three choices and all week have been waffling between the three. Two were living finishes and one was a coated finish. Honestly I loved all three, but was leaning a bit towards the Antique bronze (living finish) because it is just such a rich, lovely color.

Today I was on the Waterstone site and I downloaded the catalog. There were actually several finishes pictured and again all were lovely even ones that I had ruled out. From there I googled Waterstone reviews and a link came up to the Rachiele website. Dino had highlighted the WS faucets that are most popular with his sinks (mine won't be a Rachiele it will be a Kohler Whitehaven). He stated that if you are looking for a faucet that will keep it's original look go for the coated finish. That was the clincher for me. Though I love the living finishes we have extremely hard water and consequently have a lot of mineral deposits. That made the final decision simple. American Bronze 5600 PLP faucet and one or two soap dispensers to be ordered tomorrow!!!! The distressed American Bronze is pictured on his web site and it is a knock out!

• jckgmk
    10 years ago

To Holly-Kay and all who have and love their Waterstone faucets--I am going back and forth between the 5800 and 5400 (contemporary standard reach). For those of you with the 5800/5600--do you find maintenance of the spray head an issue at all. I love the look, but worry with messy hands, the detailing on lever/handle/spray head will require more upkeep. Thanks in advance for your responses.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

JCK, oh my you will love a Waterstone. I have the traditional 5600 series and I can tell you I love my faucet and sink. They are my two favorite items in the whole kitchen reno.

I have only had mine installed for about three weeks . The sprayer head being a pull down, imo, makes it even easier to deal with. I have never had a faucet that seems so carefree. My last faucet had to be constantly wiped down to remove water spots etc. and I had a side sprayer that was mediocre at best. I was so worried that this faucet would be high maintenance but I am finding it to be absolutely on the opposite spectrum.

What finish are you choosing? They are all lovely. have the American Bronze finish and it is just a lovely finish.

Good luck with your choice. I feel confident that you will find this faucet to be the most carefree you have ever had.

• jckgmk
    10 years ago

Holly-Kay--thanks for getting back to me so quickly. It seems my idea of a low maintenance kitchen is slowly getting pushed aside because everything I like has a higher level of care--nice to know this faucet will not fall into that category. I have yet to look at finishes so will let you know.
    On another note--is your granite the standard 3 cm? It looks thinner but camera angles have fooled me before, so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

• jckgmk
    10 years ago

Holly-Kay--I just reread my post-I did not mean to be so short on the response--granddaughters are here today so my focus is diverted plus I am trying to design a sink so I can get it to the fabricator. Interestingly enough, I have not and will not see a Waterstone in person but I wanted a faucet made in USA (not easy to find) and the high marks they get on CW and other websites, I decided to throw caution to the wind--I know it will be a good (not to mention beautiful and classy) purchase. Thanks again for your input--it helps to 'listen' and learn from others going thru the same process.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

JCK no problem at all. It's my pleasure to help.

I am embarrassed to say that I don't know if the granite is 2 cm or 3cm. If it's only two it wouldn't surprise me but it works perfectly for me. I got so involved in other aspects of the kitchen that counter thickness wasn't even on my radar.

I know what you mean about wanting a kitchen that is rather easy care. My Whitehaven sink and of course the lovely WS faucet is easy peasy. My hardwood floors and crystal pendants not so much.

My plumbing supply house was able to get a sales rep's finish ring that had approximately a 3/4 inch diameter sample of each finish. I was fortunate enough to be able to test the WS and it was just a pleasure.

The fact that the WS was manufactured in the USA was a strong selling point for me as well.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Good luck JCK - the WS is on my list, but my reno is not until the fall. I can tell you it is a beautiful work of art and I can't wait to have it in my own kitchen.

Holly-kay - I think I missed your reveal. I'm assuming you posted, right? Would love to see.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

MGo, I didn't do a reveal yet. DH was away and had the camera, then I started painting samples on the walls. I am waiting until I have the painting completed, then I will be an official member of the ABB club!

I hope your kitchen planning is coming along. I am amazed at the amount of time that goes into a kitchen.

• tiak1225
    10 years ago

I was wondering if you had decided on the Waterstone PLP? After searching the web for reviews on the Waterstone, I happened upon this thread. My Moen sink that has worked wonderfully for the past ten years is now leaking. I have a 10" deep stainless, single bowl sink. I am deciding between the Waterhouse PLP and the Hahnsgrohe Axor Stark Pro Kitchen faucets.... I need a faucet that is sturdy, last a long time without problems, won't splatter too much with my sink depth, and most importantly has a good water stream. Any advice?? Any opinions on either faucet or one that I have not thought of yet? Thanks!!!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tiak, I love this faucet. It is very high quality. My plumber was blown away as it is the first time he had installed a Waterstone. Even the guys at the plumbing house where we bought it were commenting on it.

I have an apron front sink and I was very worried about splashing. It makes me chuckle now when I think how concerned I was as I haven't experienced any splashing that was problematic.

There is no plastic in the faucet and it has a hand applied finish that is just beautiful. It has met and exceeded my expectations in every way. HTH, and good luck to you!

• dacpam
    10 years ago

Help with deciding which Waterstone please! I absolutely adore the feel and look of the contemporary 5600 pull down like the one that everyone is talking about above. My only concern is that it doesn't have a button to keep the spray on hands free. The 5400 doesn't have that pretty spray handle but has the buttons to keep the spray on hands free. Does having to hold on to the handle all the time for the spray bother anybody? Does anyone have the 5400 out there and if so, why did you choose it and how do you like it? Does it have the same great feel to it that the other pull down has? I am really trying to make a decision and am just swinging back and forth. HELP, HELP, HELP! Anyone?

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A2Gemini has the 5400 and I know she loves it. NYCBlue Devil and Poohpup have the 5600 and 5500 extended reach respectively. They were so helpful with sharing their experience with the WS faucet.

I have no problem at all with not having a button to keep the sprayer on. It is so easy to use. The real advantage to it for me is there is virtually no puddling of water where the faucet is. I was concerned about splashing but there is no splashing at all. Maybe that is because of my sink with a drain that is to the back of the sink or the long neck design, IDK.

I would go with the model that you like the looks of the best. If you are going for a more contemporary look go with the 5300 or 5400. If you are more of a traditionalist go with the 5500 or 5600. Believe me the finish choice will be way more difficult to decide on than the model.

Good luck and let us know which you decide on.

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

Not having the sprayer stay on by itself is a complete non-issue for me.

Also check out the new model 5800--it combines the pretty handle of the traditional handle with the more modern bottom part of the contemporary faucet. I am not sure I like the look personally, but you might like it.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi NYCBD. I just took a look at the new model and I don't care for it either. It doesn't look as sleek as the 5400 if you are going for a contemporary look.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Holly and others - I currently have the conversion to the 5800 (I think) as my 5400 did drool a bit. They are working on re-configuring the head. I told them I didn't like the new look and if I wanted a sprayer that I had to hold - I would have gone with the traditional model. They promised to send me the updated 5400 head - not here yet.
    That being said - my DH likes the new head....

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

A2--I remember you mentioning about the drool. I had a problem with my head too--there was dripping around the outside holes when on the stream. They sent me a new head promptly and all is fine now. Is that the problem that you had as well?

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

NYC - yup, that was the same problem.
    The new head did the same thing - so they sent me a temporary head.
    In most cases - the new head worked fine but not in ours....
    Glad your is happy!
    I still love the faucet despite having the different head for now.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

NYC - yup, that was the same problem.
    The new head did the same thing - so they sent me a temporary head.
    In most cases - the new head worked fine but not in ours....
    Glad your is happy!
    I still love the faucet despite having the different head for now.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It sounds like WS customer service is great!

• funkelsgw
    10 years ago

Just a heads up on customer service. We purchased the Waterstone 5800 - SS and the entire experience was a nightmare. As fate would have it, we got a lemon - ours leaked. Waterstone quickly blamed my plumber and was not helpful. Finally they sent us a new cartridge and the leak got worse. Again they would not take responsibility. The additional challenge here was that they are apparently working through third party distributors now, and so getting anything done is like pushing a rope. What finally got the situation resolved is that I created a video of the leak and showed it to my plumbing supply house. When the GM saw it, he escalated the problem and I got a brand new replacement in about a week. This took 2 months to resolve which is unacceptable. I will say the new faucet works great. I would caution anyone considering Waterstone to buy it locally and understand that if the faucet you purchase is defective, you are looking at a painful process to get the situation resolved. Though we are happy with the faucet, we would have purchased another brand. I'll post a more detailed summary and video shortly.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Funkels, I am sorry that you are having problems with your Waterstone. I love ours and have not had a single issue with it. I would purchase it again in a heartbeat.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Mine gets installed in another week...I hope! Woo hoo!!!!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Funkels
    Did you call Waterstone directly?
    I had some minor leakage issues also and have been working with Waterstone directly.
    I just got a message from Waterstone about the new design. They will be shipping me a new head and that should solve the issue. In the meantime they gave me a different style head and it's been working great and I love my Waterstone.
    I'm sorry you had to difficulty but talk to Waterstone directly and I think they will help. I have been working with John.

• OOTM_Mom
    10 years ago

How is the flow / water pressure with waterstone? I loved the look of the towson line, but was put off by the flowrate. I guess since they are a CA company they meet low flow requirements. Anyone have any concerns with the lower flow?

• funkelsgw
    10 years ago

I tried to deal with Waterstone directly and through the local plumbing supply place where I procured. They kept pushing me to deal with the distributor.

The leak was in the handle and was leaking heavily while in the off or on position. To use the faucet, we had to turn it off and on under the sink.

• funkelsgw
    10 years ago

Here is an image of the leak. Not allowed to post an movie.

• funkelsgw
    10 years ago

If anyone would like me to email the video of the leaky faucet, PM me and I'll email it to you.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Zowie - that is a major leak - mine was in the head and the head you have is my temporary replacement - Something is wrong - either from the plumber or from the faucet.
    Have you sent the video to Waterstone?
    Stay the course - it has to get fixed!

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hey there Funkelsgw. I hope you called Waterstone. That faucet is under a lifetime warranty and they will either send a part to fix the faucet or they will replace it at no charge. The number to call is 888-304-0660. If the distributor does not help you out, please call me at 407-880-6903.

• Kelly Minor
    8 years ago

Dear Poohpup, I'm about to buy an Oil Rubbed Bronze Waterstone faucet suite... (Versus Antique Bronze.) Wondering if you'd post a photo of your ORB faucet now (2 years later)? I'd be ever so grateful! Happy New Year!

• hartntex
    6 years ago

old thread but has anyone used the accessories - soap dispenser and hot/cold water tap along with the WAterstone 5600 faucet? I'm wondering how they have held up?

• Melissa Kroger
    6 years ago

I have the Waterstone contemporary PLP extended reach in chrome, as well as the soap dispenser, hot/cold faucet and air switch button. I’ve been using them for almost a year and I am very pleased. The finish has held up well and performance is great. The faucet is one of my favorite things in my kitchen!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus