Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Waterstone 5600 PLP faucet

Posted by holly-kay (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 18:36

We are doing a total kitchen renovation, The cabinets are being made, the appliances ordered, the granite chosen. Two weeks ago we went to the plumbing showroom to look at faucets. My eyes went right to the Waterstone 5600 model. I fell in love with it and this showroom had many models that were working models including the Waterstone. I love the head of it and it's operation but was totally taken back at it's price. I was figuring about one third of the cost. I loved it so much that I am willing to totally overspend on this but I am wondering if anyone else has had this faucet installed and if it consistently performs like I expect a faucet this pricey to perform? Please comment if you have had experience with this manufacturer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waterstone 5600 PLP faucet

I have this faucet. Love, love, love, love. Worth every penny. I have a kitchen that is open to the dining room and foyer so I wanted something gorgeous. It is but it is much more than that. It is heavy as a tank, the finish is beautiful and it is made in the USA.

I posted my kitchen so if you want you can see it in context.

Pooh pup has this faucet too.

A2gemini has the modern pull down.

We are all fans. Expect them to chime in.

o

Thank you so much for your input. I just fell in love with it and I am so glad to hear that you feel it is worth the money. I just love the looks of it and the feel of the pull down is exceptional. I was amazed at the price but my mind was set as soon as I saw it and tried it, just wanted input from people who have it! I am new to the forum, where can I see your kitchen?

o

Just do a google search for "almost done NYC galley with walnut and calacatta". It will come right up. The GW search feature is not very good.

I got my faucet from plumb tile dot com for about 30 percent off list, no tax, free delivery.

o

There is a good close up of the faucet. Scroll all the way through the post.

Btw, I found out about Waterstone on this forum, along with other things like Blue Star, drawers, Miele speed oven, Modernaire hood, etc., etc. there are a lot of really kitchen-experienced people that hang out here.

o

Thank you NYC. Your kitchen is lovely! I wish I had found this forum before I made some of my decisions, especially on appliances. I went with all Jenn Air as they had the look and features that I wanted. After I ordered my double oven with double convection fans and culinary center I saw a post that said two single ovens is a better decision in case one oven gives out. I just love all the wonderful advice given. Thanks again for your input.

o

Use your head not your heart. Are you breaking the budget by buying this faucet? Keep in mind that the exorbitant price of this faucet does not make it 3x better than a faucet that costs 1/3 as much. Once you're spending over 300-400 on a faucet, the additional costs do not bring performance improvements. You're paying for looks and more importantly a name. It's your choice how you spend your money, but if you're buying the faucet thinking its that much better than less expensive ones you're just going to be disappointed.

o

holly-kay
I have a different model of the Waterstone - the faucet is a solid faucet and well-made. I also fell in love with their faucets and when it arrives - you will just be ogling it all of the time.

Poohpup also has a Waterstone and I think it is the same model.

My budget was in line with yours - and then I saw and felt the Waterstone - my DM was with me and I was sure she would say - buy something else but frugal DM said - you have to get that faucet!!

I also think I am the only person who has ever had a problem with their Waterstone - the version that I have has a latch-on head and it drools out the switch at times - WS is aware of the problem and I should have my replacement head (which will be closer to the 5600 head) in another week. They are re-designing the latch on system and I will get to keep the replacment and the new version once the design is revised.

I do love my faucet and know that it will bring me years of enjoyment.

The other faucet that I really wanted but chickened out based on some GW reviews (but now they are positive) is the Kohler Karbon - but that is a totally different style.

I bought mine at the Baldwin Brass Center in West Reading PA - It cost a bit less there than other location - so check around.

Good luck on your decision.

o

Thanks for your input realism. I really didn't have a specified amount that I could spend on my redo but it is turning out to be much more than I thought. I have fallen in love with some very pricey items and know that some of the items just don't make sense to me (i.e. pulls and knobs).

Before I saw the Waterstone (that I never heard of before our trip to the plumbing showroom), a faucet was a faucet. I think if it hadn't been a working model that I could test drive I would have said" no way Jose" when I heard the price but that darn floor model was a great way to sell the product.

o

You don't need to justify yourself to realism, HK. And I am pretty sure that he/she doesn't have a Waterstone. Some of us give opinions based on personal experience with the product in question. Others, not so much.

o

I have the Waterstone 5500 PLP. It is the extended reach version of the 5600. I love it. I've been using it since May 2012. I love its looks and the way it feels. I love that the head pulls down and stays exactly where you leave it. Makes it really handy when I'm washing something that would tend to splash. I just pull the faucet down where I need it and it goes back up easily and locks in place.

I fell in love with the faucet because of its unique look. When I started doing research on them, I couldn't find a single complaint. My GC was really impressed with it. The thing is solid and weighs a ton! Waterstone has a fabulous reputation and they make a quality product. I have zero regrets. I also have the Hampton kitchen faucet at my prep sink.

Sure you can buy a less expensive faucet that will do the job. That's pretty much true of everything you're putting in your kitchen. There are plenty of faucets in this price range. If you love it and can spend the money on it, I don't think you'll regret it. I'd originally planned on a Grohe Bridgeford, but once I saw the Waterstone, I was in love. lol

photo DSC07623.jpg

photo DSC07586.jpg

o

I would have gotten this Waterstone faucet except I have cabinets directly over my sink and the faucet would be too tall. It's beautiful! I thought it was a perfect faucet (except for my particular setup). If you love it as much as your posts indicate, you will be disappointed in every other faucet you see. And think about how often you use a kitchen faucet!

You should examine the other choices you are making in your kitchen, and see what you can give up to make room in your budget for the Waterstone. It's amazing how our "wish list" for our kitchens almost always has a bunch of stuff we could do without. I found that things I initially wanted that I thought I loved, upon second look, I didn't love so much (glazing on cabinets, panelling the fridge, lighting interior cabinets--just foregoing those saved me several thousands). Foregoing those enabled me to have some expensive things I truly adore like my countertops and hand-made tile backsplash.

o

Nycbluedevil- Perhaps you should go back to Duke and take a reading comprehension course. I never told holly kay never to get the faucet. I tried to temper her expectations of the faucet. In her original post holly kay asked this question: "I am wondering if anyone else has had this faucet installed and if it consistently performs like I expect a faucet this pricey to perform?" No one who has posted in this thread (including you) actually answered this question. Sure you said the faucet is heavy, but that is hardly an indication of quality. I tried to give holly kay a valid point to think about.

Its clear that holly kay is looking for a reason to splurge on this faucet. I think its a bit irresponsible to tell someone to break their budget just because they love the way something looks. If that was the case for every element in the kitchen we'd all have 100k kitchens and tons of debt. Shannonplus2's post immediately above this one is a very well written and helpful post. Much moreso than yours.

o

Realism, quite a number of your posts since you joined here only about six weeks ago are either insulting or seem to repeat a theme of telling people not to spend money on things they want to splurge on. It's not for you to tell people how to spend their money. I don't see HK complaining about the quality of my response. I am done now, but you probably are not......

o

You're right I am not done because I am not going to let your inability to understand my posts reflect on what I am truly saying. The point of my post is that expensive doesn't mean better and that breaking the budget isn't always the way to go. Get the faucet if you love it, but dont complain when the faucet isnt 3x better than the one you can afford and you were forced to cut corners in other areas that make you love your kitchen less.

o

I just want to thank all of you for the input. Just to clarify: I was surprised at the price of the Waterstone but I am very able to afford the expenditure for this faucet. I wasn't trying to justify or look for a reason to splurge on this. I was just looking for an honest opinion from others who have the faucet and I am very happy to hear their experiences with it!

Realism I also appreciate your input and your point was a very valid one if it meant going into debt or spending more than I can afford. I have made fairly good monetary decisions in my life that allows me to do this kitchen reno without a budget amount. I already decided that this was the faucet I was getting and I certainly didn't want to stir up a hornet's nest, but it was a valid request for other's input.

I just had a call from the distributor and my Waterstone finish samples are in! I am so excited to see the different finishes IRL!!! Thanks again everyone!!!!

o

Nycbluedevil and poohpup, your kitchens are absolutely gorgeous! You both have an amazing flair and love how everything just pulls together.

a2gemini, thank you so much for posting your experience with you WS faucet.

Shannonplus2, I know exactly what you mean about things that we thought we loved and then decided against. I just loved Netuno Bordeaux granite. It was considered an exotic and was going to add a bit to the total. After living with a sample of my second choice, Autumn Harmony, I fell in love with it and it is a D level granite. I fell in love with cast bronze bin pulls but at $45 a pop I couldn't justify them because they definitely were not three times as lovely as a $15 bin pull. I am sure your kitchen is lovely and I would really like to see pics of it!

o

Poohpup, I have several questions. I just love the finish on your 5500 extended, what is the finish color? Should I be looking at the extended reach version? What is the difference between the extended version and the 5600?

I just love, love, love your kitchen. My cabinets will be maple with a wheaten stain and chocolate glaze. My hardwood floors will be Chestnut Sapele, the countertop will be Autumn Harmony, the Waterstone faucet (not sure what finish yet), and JennAir Pro Stainless for refrigerator, convection ovens, microwave. The dishwasher will be covered, and the Jenn Air cooktop is black. My last few decisions are what finish for the faucet, what pulls and knobs to go with, and what Kohler apron front sink I am going to go with.

o

Holly, thanks for the compliments on my kitchen. I love it.

My Waterstone faucets are all finished in black ORB. The finish is a matte black but will have bronze showing through over time. The handle on my 5500 is just now starting to show some wear and bronze highlights. The ORB is one of their living finishes. I've seen all of the Waterstone finishes in person because I was able to visit a plumbing supply showroom that actually had samples of all of them. They are all gorgeous!

The 5500 is just a larger version of the 5600. I chose it because my main sink is a 36" single and I had plenty of room for it. The 5500 is 21 3/4" tall with a 10 1/8" reach and the head sits 10 1/4" above the counter. In comparison, the 5600 is 18" tall with a 8 3/4" reach and the head sits 8" above the counter. I'm glad I chose the 5500. It seems like the perfect size for my sink. The head pulls plenty far enough to reach the entire sink plus can reach over to fill a pot sitting on the counter to the side of the sink. What size sink are you going to use?

Your kitchen sounds like it will be lovely! My appliances are all stainless too sans the fridge and DW, which are paneled. I used ORB pulls. The black ORB Waterstone fits in nicely with the black in the granite. I think there are several finishes that would have looked great. Thought about going with the weathered copper finish to go with my sink, but once I saw that faucet in black ORB, I was sold. Have fun making your decision!

o

Thank you so much poohpup. I have to call my KD. I know it is a 36" base but not sure if he is calling for a 30 or 36. I just love the look of your black oil rubbed bronze. I wish our supply house had all of the finishes displayed. DH is going to pick the samples up for me today. I love the Caribbean bronze but it is going to be a tough decision because all the finishes look wonderful on the website!

o

I too have the Waterstone 5500 PLP, it came in last week. Altho I'm still weeks out from installation I've taken it out of the box three times now just to touch it and hold it :)

It's so heavy and gorgeous I can't wait to have it installed. I also got the Waterstone prep faucent, air switches for both sinks and soap dispensers from Waterstone also. Mine is the Caribbean bronze, and while it was so stressful ordering the color sight unseen it is the perfect color!

o

HK--my sink is smaller than Poohpup's, I have a 30" sink in a 33" cabinet. I got the 5600 because I couldn't afford to go higher than 18". I have wall cabinets over my sink instead of a window. I made those cabinets shorter and shallower than the adjacent wall cabinets (they store drinking glasses). Shortening up that cabinet was what allowed us to even get an 18" faucet. The reach of the 5600 is fine for us. The hose easily reaches all corners of the sink and I can also fill a pot on the side of the sink. I imagine that either size could work for you with a 36" sink cabinet as long as you are not going to have a cabinet over the sink like I have which limits the height. It probably just depends on what you like better.

o

Terri0826. Does the Caribbean Bronze look the same IRL as it does on the Waterstone site? If so I just love it! It is definitely one of the finishes I am considering. I would love to see a pic of it.

Nycblue, I love your faucet and it goes wonderfully in your kitchen. I am not hampered by cabinets on either side of the sink, I have (3) 32" windows above my sink. I love having a panoramic view of the trees on our property but I can tell you it seriously cuts down on cabinet space.
I suppose I will let my sink size be the guide but think the 5600 would be just perfect!

Poohpup I love the black oil rubbed bronze that you have in your kitchen. I would love to see how the finish wears on it.

DH picked up the samples from Oasis today of the weathered brass, american brass, and tuscan brass. I am not fond of any of them and now I know that brass is not the finish I want to go with. I love the caribbean bronze, black oil rubbed bronze, american bronze, and venetian bronze. I also just love the polished black nickel but don't think it would go with my kitchen overall.

I am so glad that you all have taken your time to answer my posts!

o

holly-kay it's very close to the picture on their website, at least on my monitor. The main part of my faucet (the neck I guess you would call it?) might be just ever so slightly darker than it appears on my monitor.

I got to the house to late tonight to get a good picture but hopefully I'll be over earlier tomorrow and I would love to take a picture and post it. It's very similar to the Moen faucet we put in the apartment that is ORB.

o

Great! Thanks so much Terri. I am anxious to see the pic. I really fell hard for that faucet. I just looked on a faucet as a necessary evil! Now I am looking at it as a focal point of the kitchen.

o

Holly-Kay - just like terri said - when it comes in, you will ogle and "caress" it until it is installed. I just loved to pick up the box, open it and stare at the beautiful faucet. It weighs a ton and is well made.
I still just love to look at mine and smile each time I use it.

I would recommend the extended reach if your sink size can support it - just gives more room to get under the faucet - but then splash might be greater. I didn't feel that my sink was large enough for the extended reach.

(Splash occurs when the water hits an uneven surface such as the edge of a dish or even disposer flanges - which is why my faucet does not aim directly into the drawn)

o

Talked to my KD today about the 5500 vs the 5600 series. He thinks I should stick with the smaller 5600. I am fine with that but darned if I can decide which finish to go with.

o

ugh holly I was at the house and forgot to take a picture! We were measuring and snapping lines for the bathroom cabinets and totally spaced it. I'll be back over there tomorrow and will get one.

o

Thank you Terri! I am anxious to see it. I really need to decide and Caribbean Bronze is on my short list.

o

Waterstone update- my new head arrived and it solved the problem.

Holly-Kay have you figured out a finish yet? They have so many options.

I ended up matching my pulls to my faucet do it would not be lonely.

o

So glad the new head arrived! Now you will love your faucet even more (if that's possible).

I haven't decided yet but I am thinking either the Caribbean Bronze or the Black Oil Rubbed Bronze. I am torn between the two. My KD is sending away for more samples. Thank goodness I had samples the first go around because I found out the brass tones weren't for me.I was planning on spending the evening scouring through the hardware catalog that the kd gave me, but I would like to match my faucet with the hardware also and since I don't know which I am going with yet it makes hardware shopping more difficult. What finish did you chose? I love the black polished nickel but the bpn wouldn't look good as my hardware and the choices in bpn are few and far between!

o

holly-kay I got pictures, altho the color on my monitor is a bit brighter than IRL. But I did hold it next to the new Moen ORB kitchen faucet we have in the shop kitchen and I wouldn't hesitate to use them together they are so close. So maybe you could look at the Moens, ours came from a plumbing supply and not a big box so I'm not sure if the color finish would be any different at a big box.
ok hopefully here are the pictures..... going to try just one to make sure I've got it, more to follow in the next post I hope :)

photo photo_zpsd3d5a60e.jpg

This post was edited by terri0826 on Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 10:05

o

here are a few more pics
 photo photocopy_zpsd448f80c.jpg

photo photocopy4_zpsf3eb3bb8.jpg

photo photocopy3_zps656a412a.jpg

hope this helps. I bought mine from Rachiele Sinks and he said this was his most popular choice for those doing ORB. Good luck! I meet with the cabinet guy in 45 minutes, more overload!

o

I used Antique Brass - it works with the colors in my kitchen.
The new head(no picture) is a modification on 5500/5600 series but more modern
 photo IMG_7316.jpg

o

a2gemini, Thank you for your pic! I agree that the antique brass looks gorgeous in your kitchen. It looks so pretty IRL. The samples that I got were just small parts and so hard to get the overall picture. Do you like the soap dispenser, and do you have a NeverMT hooked up? BTW you and I must live fairly close. I see you referencing Reading. I live in York.

Teri, Thank you for taking the time, with all you have to do, to post pictures of your faucet. Wow! The Caribbean Bronze is gorgeous IRL. So far I am leaning towards Amerock birdcage style pulls. They are available in oil rubbed bronze (to go with the Caribbean Bronze) and also available in black to go with the Black Oil rubbed Bronze) There are also bin pulls (Baroque style) from Restoration Hardware in Oil Rubbed bronze that I love the looks of but they are so inexpensive and made from cast Zinc so I am not sure of quality.

My new samples should be in next week, hopefully I will know which one this time around. Now that I have seen how lovely both of your faucets look I don't think I could go wrong no matter what I chose! My floors will be a Chesnut Sapele which is a rich deep brown color so I am thinking the Caribbean Bronze may be just the right look.

o

Holly, I have soap two Waterstone soap dispensers both hooked up to NeverMTs. Works great and no problems.

That Caribbean Bronze is gorgeous. One thing I really love about Waterstone is everything is available in all their finishes. So many companies make their faucets in different finishes but fail to make matching soap or filtration faucets in the same finish.

o

Thanks pooh pup. I like that fact also. I wanted to ask if your hardware is chandler in caramel bronze?that is one of the handles I liked.

o

Waterstone makes matching knobs and pulls as well finish matched to the faucet. I like the large knobs in American bronze myself

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterstone hardware

o

Thanks one_guy, I saw that Waterstone offers matching hardware. I like a traditional style and not sure that I like the pull. I wish there was a showroom close by that has a complete line of Waterstone so I could see each one close up and personal!

o

holly-kay - Colonial pulls and Baldwin Brass have matching colors to most of the Waterstone colors - so if you can find someone who carries Colonial - you might get to see a lot of colors to view :-)

o

Holly, my pulls are Amerock Revitalize in ORB.

The hardware from Waterstone is new. They came out right at the time my kitchen was being done. I didn't like any of their hardware. Everything they made was a clothes catcher. I had those type of pulls in my last kitchen and they ripped out the pockets on so many pairs of pants . . . . grrrrr. I wasn't interested in any type of pull that could catch clothes or cords. I can't stand knobs on lowers for the same reason.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock Revitalize in ORB

o

Holly, you asked about how the black ORB wears and I took a few photos. The only spot that is showing bronze right now is on the handle of the main sink faucet. That spot definitely gets the most use. Nothing is showing through on any thing else yet.
 photo IMG_1830_zpsf340cd5b.jpg
 photo IMG_1833_zps35bb4afe.jpg

photo IMG_1835_zps23470b5e.jpg

Since the black ORB is a living finish, it will change over time. I've been using the faucet since May 2012.

o

Thanks Gemini! The showroom that had the water stone also carries colonial.thanks for that info. Pooh pup, I love the bronze tones coming through on your faucet! Wow, just lovely.

o

Poohpup, I was worried about going with the living finish because Waterstone's site says it is not durable. I think the living finish will age beautifully. Probably better than ones with a protective coating that some of them have but not sure about that. I know what you mean about not wanting hardware that catches on your clothing. I have spent hours pouring over hardware and I still don't know what to do. I like the birdcage style. I also love bin pulls but wonder if they are just a trend like the birdcage style. I know hardware is easy to change out but you are tied in to the same size if you decide to replace.

o

I agree on no hardware that catches clothing. I really like Badgergal's hardware but colors were limited. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after seeing the colonial colors.
I loved a few living colors but was chicken.
I still need to order my never MT. I just hate to pay almost as much for shipping as the device.
I wonder if anyone uses them in their bathroom then I could order the buy 3 get one free

o

Not to hijack (well maybe just a little)

A2--I assume you are in front of the tv right now? DH is out of control. Can't wait for this game to be done.

o

This is too funny - I was wandering around a local plumbing/lighting store today and guess what caught my eye - yup...it was the Waterstone!!! I got all the specs, sent pictures to my sister and told her I found my kitchen faucet! And now, here I sit, getting my daily dose of GW reading and I see this post. I'm so happy to see everyone raving about it, since I'd had my mind made up before leaving the store. My reno isn't until fall, but at least I can cross one thing off my list...woo hoo!

holly-kay - keep us posted on your color selection - I need to do the same

Btw - A2gemini - hope you're watching the game!

o

Wow--all the wolvies with the Waterstones. I went to law school in A2 so count myself as a member of the club. But the suspense is too great, so I am just listening to the shouting coming from the living room and trying to stay otherwise occupied. Go blue!

o

Mgo, Welcome to the Waterstone fan club! The very same thing happened to me. The Waterstone had me from hello so to speak. It sounds crazy but that faucet is what I am really looking forward to having right in front of me. I must admit that my old faucet that has been dripping steadily for the past 6 months probably has something to do with my obsession but the Waterstone faucet is a work of art to my eyes.

NYC you can hijack a post any old time! How are you?

A2 I thought the Antique Brass was a living finish? Anyway I love how it looks with your kitchen, the finish is perfect. My kitchen needs some bronze to make the cabinets pop. I can't wait to see the finishes when the samples of the black oil rubbed and caribbean bronze to come in!

o

I can't watch any more...they're making me nervous!!!

Holly-kay - you're right...the faucet is a work of art! I'm a bit a of traditionalist, but not too over the top and it strikes the perfect balance!

o

Mgoblue, which Waterstone are you planning on? I think they're all gorgeous. I thought the Towson was ugly until I saw one in person. Pictures don't do them justice.

o

Antique bronze is living the brass is lacquered or clear coated I think

o

Antique Brass is not a living finish - my DH makes a mess of things, so decided to go with something a bit safer...
I think that one is correct.
Also - if you haven't decided to put the handle in the front - it is great - now my DH only makes a mess at soap land.

Yes, love at first sight and feel. I would ogle it frequently before the install.

o

I love them all too poohpup! It is amazing how beautiful the different finishes look in the right kitchen. I didn't care for the brass because what I was looking at was a very small sample but when I saw it in A2's kitchen it looks wonderful!

I too, am anxious to hear which faucet Mgo is planing on using and in which finish. Have you decide yet Mgo?

As soon as I get the samples I will decide and get this faucet ordered. I want to be able to look at it and touch it before it is installed. I just love the classic look of it with the amazing touch of flair that the small head adds to it. The faucets with the big, bulky heads that I was looking at pale in comparison to this beautiful, sleek, timeless looking faucet.

o

I'm planning on the 5600, complete with soap dispenser and air switch (I didn't even know what that was til reading the forum - air switch, not soap dispenser!), but not sure what color yet. The display in the store was black nickel which I liked a lot, but...since I haven't picked cabinets or counter yet, I probably should wait until that's done. With 31 finishes, I should be able to find one that works.

Thank God for the GW - my family is tired of all my reno talk, and I haven't even started yet, ha!

o

Mgoblue- too funny and yes, my DH is glad I found someone to talk about kitchens and faucets.

Yup- was watching the game- I thought the wolves were going to blow it at the end with their foul shooting. Mgb - do you still live in A2- are your plans finalized?

Have a double dose of bball tonight as I am am a Uconn grad. Missed seeing the women's game as we had tickets to the Banff film festival, so DH recorded it.

Wait- this is about faucets - thought my new faucet head had a problem as I was not getting hot water the other night - turns out the vent pipe separated from the hot water heater so nothing to do with the faucet- yeah!
But everything to do with incompetent installers- fortunately, the safety systems kicked in- the water heater said - something is wrong, shut off making water and the gas and displayed an error code that helped us figure out the problem.

Rag, Rah Waterstone!
Go wolverines!
Go huskies!

o

Alas, no longer in A2, but I am in MI still - too close to my family. They won't let me leave as I have the Koolaid house (I cook) - haha.

Since this is a faucet thread - I must say after thinking about it over the weekend, I'm still sold! I wish my cabinet selection were as simple...

Go Blue tonight!!!
Go Waterstone forever!!!

o

Mgoblue, you won't regret the Waterstone. I love mine every single time I use it. Every time I look at it. My faucets and sinks are the best decisions I made in my kitchen.

o

I am so glad that all of the GW members that have the faucet love it. I am anxiously waiting for the samples. I want the soap dispenser too but I think the air switch is for food disposals (am I correct about that)? Anyway I want the soap dispenser as well but don't want to pay for the air switch if i won't be able to use it.

o

Holly-kay - that is my understanding so go for the soap and faucet and skip the air switch. Can't wait for your final finish choice :-)

Go Wolverines!!

o

Holly, the air switch is for garage disposals. It allows you to operate the garbage disposal without need for a switch on the wall. You can have a soap dispenser and an air switch. Waterstone sells suites that include the faucet, airs witch and soap dispenser bundled together.

o

Thanks A2 and Poohpup. I am going to price the 3 piece suite and then just the faucet and soap dispenser. it is possible that the 3pc is less expensive bundled together, than the two pieces would be separately. We have a septic system so I don't use a garbage disposal.

o

Holly - good luck with the samples. Let us know which finish gets top billing. This was a great validation post.

o

Even if you don'g want the air switch you can get the 2 pc suite which is the faucet and S&L and save money

o

Any decisions on the finish of the faucet? I haven't seen any chatter on the finishes yet. Holly - were you able to see the Colonial finishes and hardware?

Michigan contingent - we still have to be proud of the Wolves - they did great!

BTW - UConn women(I have 2 degrees from UConn) solidified their 8th Golden Ring by winning the Women's championship. (They were terrible when I was there!)

o

A2 I just posted about the samples. I love the suggestion of mounting the handle in front and I think that is the way I will have it installed!

o

Finally a decision on the Waterstone finish. I narrowed it down to three choices and all week have been waffling between the three. Two were living finishes and one was a coated finish. Honestly I loved all three, but was leaning a bit towards the Antique bronze (living finish) because it is just such a rich, lovely color.

Today I was on the Waterstone site and I downloaded the catalog. There were actually several finishes pictured and again all were lovely even ones that I had ruled out. From there I googled Waterstone reviews and a link came up to the Rachiele website. Dino had highlighted the WS faucets that are most popular with his sinks (mine won't be a Rachiele it will be a Kohler Whitehaven). He stated that if you are looking for a faucet that will keep it's original look go for the coated finish. That was the clincher for me. Though I love the living finishes we have extremely hard water and consequently have a lot of mineral deposits. That made the final decision simple. American Bronze 5600 PLP faucet and one or two soap dispensers to be ordered tomorrow!!!! The distressed American Bronze is pictured on his web site and it is a knock out!

o

To Holly-Kay and all who have and love their Waterstone faucets--I am going back and forth between the 5800 and 5400 (contemporary standard reach). For those of you with the 5800/5600--do you find maintenance of the spray head an issue at all. I love the look, but worry with messy hands, the detailing on lever/handle/spray head will require more upkeep. Thanks in advance for your responses.

o

JCK, oh my you will love a Waterstone. I have the traditional 5600 series and I can tell you I love my faucet and sink. They are my two favorite items in the whole kitchen reno.

I have only had mine installed for about three weeks . The sprayer head being a pull down, imo, makes it even easier to deal with. I have never had a faucet that seems so carefree. My last faucet had to be constantly wiped down to remove water spots etc. and I had a side sprayer that was mediocre at best. I was so worried that this faucet would be high maintenance but I am finding it to be absolutely on the opposite spectrum.

What finish are you choosing? They are all lovely. have the American Bronze finish and it is just a lovely finish.

Good luck with your choice. I feel confident that you will find this faucet to be the most carefree you have ever had.

o

Holly-Kay--thanks for getting back to me so quickly. It seems my idea of a low maintenance kitchen is slowly getting pushed aside because everything I like has a higher level of care--nice to know this faucet will not fall into that category. I have yet to look at finishes so will let you know.
On another note--is your granite the standard 3 cm? It looks thinner but camera angles have fooled me before, so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

o

Holly-Kay--I just reread my post-I did not mean to be so short on the response--granddaughters are here today so my focus is diverted plus I am trying to design a sink so I can get it to the fabricator. Interestingly enough, I have not and will not see a Waterstone in person but I wanted a faucet made in USA (not easy to find) and the high marks they get on CW and other websites, I decided to throw caution to the wind--I know it will be a good (not to mention beautiful and classy) purchase. Thanks again for your input--it helps to 'listen' and learn from others going thru the same process.

o

JCK no problem at all. It's my pleasure to help.

I am embarrassed to say that I don't know if the granite is 2 cm or 3cm. If it's only two it wouldn't surprise me but it works perfectly for me. I got so involved in other aspects of the kitchen that counter thickness wasn't even on my radar.

I know what you mean about wanting a kitchen that is rather easy care. My Whitehaven sink and of course the lovely WS faucet is easy peasy. My hardwood floors and crystal pendants not so much.

My plumbing supply house was able to get a sales rep's finish ring that had approximately a 3/4 inch diameter sample of each finish. I was fortunate enough to be able to test the WS and it was just a pleasure.

The fact that the WS was manufactured in the USA was a strong selling point for me as well.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

o

Good luck JCK - the WS is on my list, but my reno is not until the fall. I can tell you it is a beautiful work of art and I can't wait to have it in my own kitchen.

Holly-kay - I think I missed your reveal. I'm assuming you posted, right? Would love to see.

o

MGo, I didn't do a reveal yet. DH was away and had the camera, then I started painting samples on the walls. I am waiting until I have the painting completed, then I will be an official member of the ABB club!

I hope your kitchen planning is coming along. I am amazed at the amount of time that goes into a kitchen.

o

I was wondering if you had decided on the Waterstone PLP? After searching the web for reviews on the Waterstone, I happened upon this thread. My Moen sink that has worked wonderfully for the past ten years is now leaking. I have a 10" deep stainless, single bowl sink. I am deciding between the Waterhouse PLP and the Hahnsgrohe Axor Stark Pro Kitchen faucets.... I need a faucet that is sturdy, last a long time without problems, won't splatter too much with my sink depth, and most importantly has a good water stream. Any advice?? Any opinions on either faucet or one that I have not thought of yet? Thanks!!!

o

Tiak, I love this faucet. It is very high quality. My plumber was blown away as it is the first time he had installed a Waterstone. Even the guys at the plumbing house where we bought it were commenting on it.

I have an apron front sink and I was very worried about splashing. It makes me chuckle now when I think how concerned I was as I haven't experienced any splashing that was problematic.

There is no plastic in the faucet and it has a hand applied finish that is just beautiful. It has met and exceeded my expectations in every way. HTH, and good luck to you!

o

Help with deciding which Waterstone please! I absolutely adore the feel and look of the contemporary 5600 pull down like the one that everyone is talking about above. My only concern is that it doesn't have a button to keep the spray on hands free. The 5400 doesn't have that pretty spray handle but has the buttons to keep the spray on hands free. Does having to hold on to the handle all the time for the spray bother anybody? Does anyone have the 5400 out there and if so, why did you choose it and how do you like it? Does it have the same great feel to it that the other pull down has? I am really trying to make a decision and am just swinging back and forth. HELP, HELP, HELP! Anyone?

o

A2Gemini has the 5400 and I know she loves it. NYCBlue Devil and Poohpup have the 5600 and 5500 extended reach respectively. They were so helpful with sharing their experience with the WS faucet.

I have no problem at all with not having a button to keep the sprayer on. It is so easy to use. The real advantage to it for me is there is virtually no puddling of water where the faucet is. I was concerned about splashing but there is no splashing at all. Maybe that is because of my sink with a drain that is to the back of the sink or the long neck design, IDK.

I would go with the model that you like the looks of the best. If you are going for a more contemporary look go with the 5300 or 5400. If you are more of a traditionalist go with the 5500 or 5600. Believe me the finish choice will be way more difficult to decide on than the model.

Good luck and let us know which you decide on.

o

Not having the sprayer stay on by itself is a complete non-issue for me.

Also check out the new model 5800--it combines the pretty handle of the traditional handle with the more modern bottom part of the contemporary faucet. I am not sure I like the look personally, but you might like it.

o

Hi NYCBD. I just took a look at the new model and I don't care for it either. It doesn't look as sleek as the 5400 if you are going for a contemporary look.

o

Holly and others - I currently have the conversion to the 5800 (I think) as my 5400 did drool a bit. They are working on re-configuring the head. I told them I didn't like the new look and if I wanted a sprayer that I had to hold - I would have gone with the traditional model. They promised to send me the updated 5400 head - not here yet.
That being said - my DH likes the new head....

o

A2--I remember you mentioning about the drool. I had a problem with my head too--there was dripping around the outside holes when on the stream. They sent me a new head promptly and all is fine now. Is that the problem that you had as well?

o

NYC - yup, that was the same problem.
The new head did the same thing - so they sent me a temporary head.
In most cases - the new head worked fine but not in ours....
Glad your is happy!
I still love the faucet despite having the different head for now.

o

NYC - yup, that was the same problem.
The new head did the same thing - so they sent me a temporary head.
In most cases - the new head worked fine but not in ours....
Glad your is happy!
I still love the faucet despite having the different head for now.

o

It sounds like WS customer service is great!

o

Just a heads up on customer service. We purchased the Waterstone 5800 - SS and the entire experience was a nightmare. As fate would have it, we got a lemon - ours leaked. Waterstone quickly blamed my plumber and was not helpful. Finally they sent us a new cartridge and the leak got worse. Again they would not take responsibility. The additional challenge here was that they are apparently working through third party distributors now, and so getting anything done is like pushing a rope. What finally got the situation resolved is that I created a video of the leak and showed it to my plumbing supply house. When the GM saw it, he escalated the problem and I got a brand new replacement in about a week. This took 2 months to resolve which is unacceptable. I will say the new faucet works great. I would caution anyone considering Waterstone to buy it locally and understand that if the faucet you purchase is defective, you are looking at a painful process to get the situation resolved. Though we are happy with the faucet, we would have purchased another brand. I'll post a more detailed summary and video shortly.

o

Funkels, I am sorry that you are having problems with your Waterstone. I love ours and have not had a single issue with it. I would purchase it again in a heartbeat.

o

Mine gets installed in another week...I hope! Woo hoo!!!!

o

Funkels
Did you call Waterstone directly?
I had some minor leakage issues also and have been working with Waterstone directly.
I just got a message from Waterstone about the new design. They will be shipping me a new head and that should solve the issue. In the meantime they gave me a different style head and it's been working great and I love my Waterstone.
I'm sorry you had to difficulty but talk to Waterstone directly and I think they will help. I have been working with John.

o

How is the flow / water pressure with waterstone? I loved the look of the towson line, but was put off by the flowrate. I guess since they are a CA company they meet low flow requirements. Anyone have any concerns with the lower flow?

o

I tried to deal with Waterstone directly and through the local plumbing supply place where I procured. They kept pushing me to deal with the distributor.

The leak was in the handle and was leaking heavily while in the off or on position. To use the faucet, we had to turn it off and on under the sink.

o

Here is an image of the leak. Not allowed to post an movie.

o

If anyone would like me to email the video of the leaky faucet, PM me and I'll email it to you.

o

Zowie - that is a major leak - mine was in the head and the head you have is my temporary replacement - Something is wrong - either from the plumber or from the faucet.
Have you sent the video to Waterstone?
Stay the course - it has to get fixed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here