Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fst96se_gw

Hood help for a 48" Range... Copper, Chimney, or Hearth Style??

fst96se
10 years ago

Hello everybody, my wife and I are preparing to embark on the kitchen re-model journey! Yay for us, huh? ;0)

Right now one of the major things that is holding us up is the style of hood we want to do. We will be using a 48" GE Monogram range.

We are trying to decide between a wood chimney style hood, a hearth style hood, and a Copper hood with straps and such. I will link some pics of each.

Obviously with the size of the range, the hood will be LARGE. I think I can get away with a 50" wide hood if I do Copper or chimney style, but if I go with the Hearth style, it will need to be at least a foot wider, which will be pretty imposing in my kitchen. I only have 9ft ceilings in the kitchen as well.
I lean towards a copper hood as pictured below, and I would like to pair it with a 42" Copperworks three bowl sink. The hood would cost me about $3500 without the insert.

The chimney hood would be around $1000, and the hearth style hood somewhere in between.

Any thoughts?

Here is my current kitchen:

Copper Hoods I like:

Wood Chimney style I like:

Hearth style I like:

These are cabinets I am having done. This is a typical range hood he does. I am having same doors, color, crown, etc, just built into my space.

Thinking about this Granite too... love it, but very spendy.

And floors will be handscraped/distressed Acacia, engineered:

This post was edited by fst96se on Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 0:45

Comments (11)