Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drawer dividers -- order from cabinet maker or buy separately?

Posted by mopsmd (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 18:24

Thoughts on whether to order the drawer dividers from the cabinet makers, or just buy separately elsewhere? What did you do?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drawer dividers -- order from cabinet maker or buy separately

Our KD said it would be cheaper to get them separately. I got bamboo expandable ones from Bed, Bath and Beyond which I really like. These are for my cutlery drawers. The ones for the tray dividers in the cupboard above the fridge were done by the cabinet maker. Others have used the ones from Lee Valley.

o

I think you can do separately if you have a DIY mode. Ours were very simple - just would need a router in the drawer and go to any hardware/lumber store to pick up dividers.
 photo IMG_0498.jpg
We no longer use the pegboard but you can see the dividers in the lower drawer.
We have a variety of slots to use.
 photo IMG_0264.jpg

o

I decided to do after market solutions since I wasn't sure how i would want the drawers divided and would rather have the flexibility to design them myself rather than be stuck with the standard configuration offered by the cabinet company.

o

Thanks, all good ideas. I think I will hold off since I can buy them later if I want. I will look into other solutions elsewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here