Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Calling all rachielle sink owners!

deedles
12 years ago

I know poohpups and Lmm? have Rachiele copper sinks... wondering if you have them installed and are they beautiful and do you like them so far? Seriously considering taking the plunge on an apron front model. The price makes me kinda swallow hard though. Just wanting some feedback before I plug my nose and cannonball into the deep end.....

Seems that the greens in the patina might look really nice with my green chambers stove

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (12)

• poohpup
    12 years ago

That sink is really stunning! What is the finish on it? I think it would look amazing with your range!

I haven't installed mine yet. It's sitting in the garage in its box still. I can tell you that it is gorgeous. Pictures don't do it justice. I can't wait to be able to use it.

I can understand the hesitancy considering the price. I was in the same boat. I agonized over it! I'd always loved the look of copper sinks but didn't want the maintenance. Was going to go with fireclay but didn't want to baby my sink. Thought about going cast iron but that was totally function over form. Never have liked the look of stainless sinks. Didn't care for the silgranite (did I get that right?) and couldn't find anything else that I really liked. LOVED the look of the copper farm house sink. Loved how bullet proof it is. Loved the idea of the living finish and watching it change over time. After living with a horror of a sink for 5 1/2 years that I cursed every time I used, the sink was a big deal to me. Finally decided I'd regret it if I didn't do it and bit the bullet. Haven't looked back. I think it will be a centerpiece of the kitchen.

I can say that Dino Rachielle has been a real pleasure to work with. Very helpful answering my zillions of questions. Very committed to customer service. A pleasure to deal with a man of his word. So far my experience has been everything he said it would be and I expect the same to be true once I actually get to use my sink. Can't wait!

This is my sink. The pic doesn't really do it justice. It looks richer in person.

Good luck with your decision!

• deedles
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Pooh. Your sink is gorgeous as well! Sounds like coming to terms with the sink price is the only problem. I'm working on it.

• dmlinparadise
    12 years ago

I am in same place as Poohpup, mine is in its crate in the garage. Corresponding with Dino just today though to send specifications to plumber! Passed rough-in plumbing inspection, so I think it will really get installed, hopefully mid-summer.

• polie
    12 years ago

These sinks are so handsome. I hope later this year to be able to post a photo of my own Rachiele sink. Dino has been fantastic answering all my questions, silly and not so silly, thoroughly and promptly. Good luck with your installations and renovations.

• deedles
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. I did bite the bullet and ordered mine last night. I spent the first half of my commute to work wondering how I could have spent so much and then decided what's done is done and I'm just gonna enjoy it. Oh, that's the rustic finish. I'm going to have them do mine in a bit more muted finish but still want that beautiful green to pull the stove color. I guess my kitchen design has taken a definite step forward to it's final version! Love to see pics of everyone's sinks when you get them installed...

• polie
    12 years ago

Congratulations, deedles. There's a lot of truth to that old saying: buy the best, and you'll cry only once.

Please enjoy your new Rachiele sink and be sure to post photographs once it's in place.

• poohpup
    12 years ago

Deedles - Congrats on the sink! You're going to love it! Dino just emailed me today and I told him we'd just been talking about him on this forum. Anyway, we both agreed that sink would look incredible with your range. Love the rustic finish. Can't wait to see your sink. BTW, when it comes time to do your apron finish, feel really comfortable asking them to redo it if it isn't quite what you want. They did mine over because it wasn't quite what I wanted that first time. They really were great to work with. Have fun and enjoy it now that the decision is over. :)

• deedles
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to the whole refinishing process. And thanks you guys, you've helped me feel better. I especially like the old saying! Never heard that one before but I thing I may use it if'n ya don't mind.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    12 years ago

Thank you for the kind posts. I am truly humbled.

• agmss15
    12 years ago

Lovely!

• poohpup
    12 years ago

zartemis - great pictures and great information. Loved seeing the patina on your sink. I'm looking forward to putting lemons in my sink too. :)