Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

I'm back! With a new project in the works.

Its been a while friends, but couldn't stay away! I've spent the last year (wow) enjoying my 2 year finally- finished beach house reno/re-build project after water damage had us gut the place to studs in 2010.

As it now happens, we have stumbled across the perfect building site for our forever home in a town that we love. I may soon be dropping the "modern" from my name as we are in the very, very beginning stages of planning the construction of a new home. I guess since I spent most of my time in the KF in the past, I wanted to start here before moving over to the "building a home" forum so I can get your thoughts and advice on the most important (I think) room in the house!

My thought process at this point is to list what I have in my (full time) kitchen and what I'd like to never see again, change, eliminate or add in the new future kitchen. You will all have to bear with me as this is going to be a long process, and I will have hundreds of questions and needed opinions.

A hint of what I am leaning towards is easy- eliminate the "modern" and call me coastal_love. Nantucket shingle style is my absolute favorite. Although my modern tendencies in furniture and design are still floating in me, I am so drawn to coastal light and airy. Add to the fact that modern home design is not too popular in my neck of the woods. I am finding this true when talking to realtors about selling my current modern inspired craftsman.

So as I write this, my mind swirls with ideas, questions, and thoughts of many late nights of reading and lurking and gathering insight in what I know is going to be a long and bumpy road, but a road that I am so excited (and nervous) to travel!

Comments (4)