Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
islanddevil

Can someone please reply to this test

islanddevil
11 years ago

Email function doesn't work for me, but supposedly fixed. Can someone please reply just so I can be sure?
Also when someone replies to your threads do you usually get email notices fairly quickly? Within minutes or an hour or more?
Thank you

Comments (12)

• bill_vincent
    11 years ago

Can you hear me now?

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

I get responses within minutes. I use verizon email it that means anything.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Loose lips sink ships.

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Bill Vincent! Long time no see! It would be great to get your input on Kompy's post ("divorced...dream kitchen"), and her idea about travertine floors.

Island - your email is not enabled on your My Page page.

This post was edited by akchicago on Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 18:44

• islanddevil
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nope didn't work.
    My loose lips are about to burst forth with a bunch of $$^&%#@*()+ words If I can't get this fixed. It's impossible to follow the threads.
    Oh well, back to he drawing board with Tamara. Thanks for the test help.

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Thread about getting emails sent to you

Also, MAKE SURE YOUR PROFILE HAS BOTH:

- the box checked for "send me email"
    - your email address is correct in your profile.

At the bottom of the "Edit Your Membership Details" is a box that says "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site." If that box isn't checked, you won't have enabled your email via Gardenweb.

This post was edited by akchicago on Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 18:57

• leela4
    11 years ago

Not to hijack, but I have a weird, sort of related question that I can't find the answer to. I got an email today from a member asking me a question about a specific post I had replied to in July. But at the bottom of the email I received was a note saying that the member responding to my post had chosen not to reveal their email address, so I couldn't respond to them via email. I did anyway, just to see what would happen, and I assumed it would come back if it didn't work. But it hasn't. Any insights? I hope this made some kind of sense . . .

• islanddevil
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AK Chicago
    My email address is correct and the "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site." IS checked on my Profile page. That's why this is so baffling and frustrating.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

What if you deselect the option(s) and then select again?

• Buehl
    11 years ago

Who is your email provider? Have you checked your junk mailbox?

• islanddevil
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes selected and deselected, checked my junk mail, tried different email addresses, and none work from home, work or iphone. Thanks for the suggestions though.

• Buehl
    11 years ago

Work: Many companies block email coming from Forums like this, so that may be the issue at work.

As to home or phone - it's not the machine you're on, it's the email client (e.g., gmail, Verizon, Comcast, etc.) that's important. The device is irrelevant (unless you've added rules to block and delete email coming from Gardenweb on your home computer and you download your mail from the server.)

Do you download your messages to your home computer or iPhone? If you do, do you leave them on the serve even after downloading to your device?